Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:50 AM
0 Replies, 310 Views

Old 02-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #21
Scherge
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I actually liked Burnout 2: Point of Impact more than Takedown. I absolutely hated the motion blur in Takedown. The game, in motion, always appeared to be grainier than Burnout 2 too. I remember even back when the game was released, having to squint to see what the hell was happening on the road half the time. Never had that issue with Burnout 2, despite coming out 2 years previous.
To each their own, I guess. But let me ask: You played on PS2, not the Xbox, right? The Xbox version was a true showcase for the RenderWare engine. Takedown was the only Burnout game in which I got a gold medal in every race, because the subtle lighting tricks that Criterion employed allowed you to anticipate oncoming traffic before actually seeing it. That technique might have been used in all Burnout games, but it really came to fruition in Takedown.

Well, maybe I'm wearing my rose-tinted glasses here. I do remember cursing a lot at the last challenges (with the IndyCar). Then again, the videos you linked to aren't really valid either, because a) both games run on emulators, and b) the second uses a distorted aspect ratio.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #22
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
To each their own, I guess. But let me ask: You played on PS2, not the Xbox, right? The Xbox version was a true showcase for the RenderWare engine. Takedown was the only Burnout game in which I got a gold medal in every race, because the subtle lighting tricks that Criterion employed allowed you to anticipate oncoming traffic before actually seeing it. That technique might have been used in all Burnout games, but it really came to fruition in Takedown.

Well, maybe I'm wearing my rose-tinted glasses here. I do remember cursing a lot at the last challenges (with the IndyCar). Then again, the videos you linked to aren't really valid either, because a) both games run on emulators, and b) the second uses a distorted aspect ratio.
Yah, those vids weren't perfect renditions because of the reasons you mentioned, but go back and play them natively if you're interested. Maybe I'm delusional, but that was the experience I had. I mean, don't get me wrong - I thought they were both great games.

I played Burnout 2 on the Gamecube, and Burnout 3 on the Xbox.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 AM   #23
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
Goddamn YES YES YES!

Now bring on remastered versions of Burnout 3 and Revenge!
I know right?! Especially awesome since Paradise is about the only Burnout game I never really had much of a chance to play.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:12 AM   #24
Scherge
Subscriber

Now that I think about it: Wasn't "Burnout Paradise" made backwards-compatible with the One just recently? Ah, right, here it is:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2016/11/...mes-with-gold/

I seem to remember that I tried it briefly, that it was great, but that I didn't feel like working my way through all the races again. I think I just let it sit on my hard drive in case I ever wanted to go back. I wonder if this remaster is noticeably better... aside from including the DLC, of course.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:26 AM   #25
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
Now that I think about it: Wasn't "Burnout Paradise" made backwards-compatible with the One just recently? Ah, right, here it is:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2016/11/...mes-with-gold/

I seem to remember that I tried it briefly, that it was great, but that I didn't feel like working my way through all the races again. I think I just let it sit on my hard drive in case I ever wanted to go back. I wonder if this remaster is noticeably better... aside from including the DLC, of course.
I am curious about what the remaster offers. If it's enough content, I'd consider going back. Not for $50 or $60 though.

Come to think of it, I already bought it twice!

Got the original on Xbox 360 and "The Ultimate Box" version on PC.

The game seems too fresh to me. The remaster would need a major draw.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burnout paradise