Yesterday 06:45 PM
15 Replies, 1,111 Views

Old 04-25-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

PlayStation Plus Games for May 2018 Announced

Quote:
Your PlayStation Plus games for May: Beyond: Two Souls and Rayman Legends

So, April’s been quiet, huh? No big games happening anywhere on PlayStation at all. Of course, I’m kidding! If you haven’t had a chance to dive into Sony Santa Monica’s critically-acclaimed God of War then let us assure you, you’ve got something spectacular to look forward to.

And that’s all we’re going to say – there are no spoilers here on PlayStation Blog. Besides, we came here to do a job and that job, like always, is to unveil next month’s PlayStation Plus titles. April was a bit motor-mad and dystopian, so for May we’ve got something a little different lined-up:

Beyond: Two Souls

With Detroit: Become Human set to launch in less than a month, what better time to catch up with the work of veteran French studio Quantic Dream?

Not only a technical showcase in its own right, Beyond: Two Souls not only raised the bar for true-to-life visuals in the last generation but also broadened the scope for interactive narrative in gaming.

Featuring phenomenal performances throughout from A-list acting talent, and a complex web of branching narratives, few games combine such high production values with such nuanced narrative-driven gameplay.

Rayman Legends

One of the high watermarks for the 2D platforming genre, few games demonstrate a greater level of polish or more distinctive artistic direction that Rayman Legends.

Ubisoft Montpellier’s Rayman Legends combines everything the studio has learnt during two decades of development, bringing together a vast cast of playable characters, dozens of varied stages, incredible hand-drawn 2D visuals and a range of multiplayer options.

If you love varied platforming challenges, hunting for secrets or bouncing along to a mariachi-styled reimagining of Survivor’s Eye of the Tiger (think Guitar Hero meets high-speed platforming), then this might just be the very thing for you.

Anything else?

As usual, we’ve two additional titles for both PS3 and PS Vita. The final line-up looks like this:

• Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)

• Rayman Legends (PS4)

• Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3)

• Eat Them (PS3)

• King Oddball (PS Vita)

• Furmins (PS Vita)

All these titles will be available to download for PS Plus members on Tuesday 1st May.
blog.eu.playstation.com

Awesome, I had been looking to buy Beyond Two Souls.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Cool. I too have been wanting to play Beyond... I picked it up for PS3 in the bargain bin a couple years ago, but never busted out the PS3 to play it.

EDIT: I remember why I never bothered with the game:
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #4
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Not worth the effort to enter the store.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:05 AM   #5
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
EDIT: I remember why I never bothered with the game:
[SNIP]
Really? You didn't play a game because two idiots made fun of it in a YouTube video? Don't get me wrong: I'm not interested in any of David Cage's "games" personally, but that seems to be a strange reason not to play a game you've bought... especially seeing how those guys are more annoying than the game they're trying to ridicule.

On topic: Some people might like Beyond, some might like Rayman, but these two games feel like bad choices for PS+ games. Both of them have a very specific target audience, and you'd think that, after all this time, every single potential customer would have bought them already. And don't get me started on the PS3 and Vita offerings!

Tags
playstation plus