Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 07:56 AM
29 Replies, 1,463 Views

Old 11-05-2018, 06:50 PM   #21
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
LOL Yes Blizzard because it's clearly Trump's fault that your Computer based fanbase wants nothing to do with a mobile Diablo game. Liberals are mentally ill.
http://archive.is/7Cvfu

Of course the dumb fuck then made his twitter private, thank god for the internet. No wonder Blizzard has been going to shit if these are the types of employees they have.
Owner of Blizzard Watch, a Blizzard news site, not an employee. But hey don't let facts get in the way of this interesting narrative you want to convey. Poor delicate snowflakes get so butt-hurt when anyone even jokes about their glorious Commander of Cheese.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #22
Skunk
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Mobile gaming has been dead for a long time now
Not quite this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
No one there was the audience for this and really no one in the USA is the audience for this.
THIS.

Mobile gaming is huge... in CHINA. And South Korea and to some extent Japan. But CHINA. Behold, the monolith doth rise. Everyone is laser focused on how fans are reacting (which again, has been the highlight of BlizzCon for me) and totally missing the 800lb gorilla in the room which is that the Chinese market is now affecting ActiBlizzard boardroom decisions more than the US market.

It's a hard pill to swallow; I'm not happy about it. I do think they blew it with not only the announcement but how they've handled it.... but this is the way it's gonna be guys. If the US PC/Console market are the "whales" of spending, then we're an endangered species. There are something like 788 MILLION smartphone users in China (from Forbes or something, GTS)... that's twice the entire US population, total.

Yeah, not the audience to debut to... but also not a bad business move on their part.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #23
Terran
Evil Dead

It's a great business move, just like Path of Exile selling out to the Chinese was a great business move. It's just not a gamers' move. It's a business move.

And that's what gaming is. A BUSINESS. There are billions of phones. There are tens of millions of consoles. Computers are a dying commodity. Consoles are a niche in the global economy.

Mobile is where the big ass pot of gold is located. Also transactions. Lots of transactions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #24
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

As much as I dislike the idea of this Diablo game the partnership with Netease is likely not only due to their expertise in Mobile but also because they need a sponsor for the game in China. Western companies can’t release in China without a sponsor company especially when it comes to a title requiring connectivity.

There are a ton of regulations about content and so on which need to be negotiated with the government especially for a game that has connectivity, chat, and so on.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:50 PM   #25
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Western companies cant release in China without a sponsor company
"Western companies can't release in China without handing over their research, technology, and ownership to a Chinese 'sponsor' company, bending over for the ritual ass fucking Western companies allow of themselves at the hands of their communist handlers."

Fixed it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #26
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
It's a great business move, just like Path of Exile selling out to the Chinese was a great business move. It's just not a gamers' move. It's a business move.

And that's what gaming is. A BUSINESS. There are billions of phones. There are tens of millions of consoles. Computers are a dying commodity. Consoles are a niche in the global economy.

Mobile is where the big ass pot of gold is located. Also transactions. Lots of transactions.
Economics! I don't like the trend, but I understand why its happening.

Also I think Digital Eel did this and made Warframe from a game that was dying to a popular quasi-mmo. And they did this with investment from a chinese chicken farming conglomerate.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:53 PM   #27
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
Owner of Blizzard Watch, a Blizzard news site, not an employee. But hey don't let facts get in the way of this interesting narrative you want to convey. Poor delicate snowflakes get so butt-hurt when anyone even jokes about their glorious Commander of Cheese.
I'd say he's more the snowflake don't you think? Blaming the POTUS because no one wants blizzard's shitty diablo mobile game. He sure sounded like he was "joking" by starting his tweet with "not even joking". You idiots are so devoid of reality and logic it's pathetic.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #28
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I'd say he's more the snowflake don't you think? Blaming the POTUS because no one wants blizzard's shitty diablo mobile game. He sure sounded like he was "joking" by starting his tweet with "not even joking". You idiots are so devoid of reality and logic it's pathetic.
Sensei is just trying to pull the thing where he calls you a snowflake in that I know you are but what am I? way. I see libs try and do it all the time. Its cute. This Blizzwatch guy was not a Blizzard employee but he is a delicate pansy. If he wants to give Trump credit for the fact that people are willing to call out when a dev does something stupid then so be it.
Chief Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #29
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Sensei is just trying to pull the thing where he calls you a snowflake in that I know you are but what am I? way. I see libs try and do it all the time. Its cute. This Blizzwatch guy was not a Blizzard employee but he is a delicate pansy. If he wants to give Trump credit for the fact that people are willing to call out when a dev does something stupid then so be it.
My mistake, the original story on this sounded like he was Blizzard affiliated. Still though. Good God what is wrong with these people?
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote