Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 07:11 PM
1 Replies, 227 Views

Old 11-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Blizzard has Announced Warcraft III Reforged

Quote:
BlizzCon is underway and one of the first announcements is that Warcraft III Reforged is coming out in December.

After this morning's announcement, our folks at BlizzCon learned a little more about the Warcraft 3 remaster that's coming next year. For one thing, Warcraft 3: Reforged will include Reign of Chaos, as well as the expansion, The Frozen Throne—so it's a complete edition of the game. And it isn't just a graphical upgrade, as at least some of the campaign maps are being modified.

"When you get a chance to take a look at The Culling of Stratholme, you'll see we've pretty heavily modified the map," QA test lead Nicholas Louie told PC Gamer at BlizzCon today. "The map layout is entirely different from the way it originally looked in Warcraft 3. We thought it was important for this important story beat, for both the overall story as well as for Arthas, as he starts down his fall as a paladin and down the path of becoming a Lich King, that we bring parity to what people are familiar with, where Warcraft is today, World of Warcraft specifically. So when you get a chance to look at the map, you'll notice that it looks like the Stratholm map in World of Warcraft."

The VO is all being re-recorded, and the cutscenes are also being redone. And when it comes to multiplayer, they aren't quite going the StarCraft 2 route, where very little was changed for the remaster. While the strategy is still "don't break the game," said designer Michael Scipione, the team would "like to see some changes." That's already been happening: working with esports players and other community members, Blizzard has been updating the original game with balance tweaks.

There's a reason the original game is getting those updates: owners of Warcraft 3: Reforged will be able to play against owners of the original Warcraft 3.
PC Gamer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Nice!!! Day one for me.

I remember getting the little promo for Warcraft 3 with Diablo 2 and thinking "Warcraft 3 already came out? Ill have to beg my mom for that next time we are at Walmart". Little did I comprehend that it would be another two years before it would come out.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:05 AM   #4
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

Generation re-master has has gotten so BIG it’s spilled over to the PC. Wonder if this will come to consoles?
Old 11-03-2018, 01:00 AM   #5
Azzy
Cthulian

Everything old is new again.
Or, still old.
As a hard PC gamer it's tough to see one of our stalwarts still have a convention, but, when they do, at least they go BIG. Blizzard is one of the last standing in the great houses of PC Gaming. They're one of those who just don't make bad games.
This is a pass for me. I didn't expect anything huge but between a mobile Diablo and this, meh. I won't do Vanilla WOW and I won't do this and I won't eat my eggs on a train.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:44 AM   #6
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Everything old is new again.
Or, still old.
As a hard PC gamer it's tough to see one of our stalwarts still have a convention, but, when they do, at least they go BIG. Blizzard is one of the last standing in the great houses of PC Gaming. They're one of those who just don't make bad games.
This is a pass for me. I didn't expect anything huge but between a mobile Diablo and this, meh. I won't do Vanilla WOW and I won't do this and I won't eat my eggs on a train.
I've been a Blizzard fan for as long as they've been around but I get the feeling that the company has lost its way in recent years. It's like they became a victim of their own success.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:13 AM   #7
MusicToEat
Evil Dead

They're probably doing this because none of the kids starting to play WoW for the first time have ever played a Warcraft game...
MusicToEat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
Juan
Evil Dead

Hope it's coming to Switch
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #9
Meeks
Evil Dead

I can see they're really trying to get us pumped up, but it's not working for me. Warcraft IV would have achieved that. Starcraft III too. Hell, even The Lost Vikings 2 would have done it. But not this.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #10
Terran
Evil Dead

If this doesn't do it for you, maybe Diablo Immortal (mobile) will?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:45 AM   #11
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I've been a Blizzard fan for as long as they've been around but I get the feeling that the company has lost its way in recent years. It's like they became a victim of their own success.
Everyone who helped make the company what it is has moved on in some form or another. The people brought on around 2004 are in charge now. They also want to milk current IPs the same way Star Wars was milked pre-Disney: without moving the status quo forward.

I don't know what's next for the company; a Warcraft III remaster is something I'd hardly consider exciting. An announcement of a Mobile game to a PC crowd was simply stupid.

People age out of games after 15-20 years, and the demands of the industry don't help that.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #12
Snowbullet
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
I can see they're really trying to get us pumped up, but it's not working for me. Warcraft IV would have achieved that. Starcraft III too. Hell, even The Lost Vikings 2 would have done it. But not this.
Great news, The Lost Vikings 2 has been released already...
Snowbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #13
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Everyone who helped make the company what it is has moved on in some form or another. The people brought on around 2004 are in charge now. They also want to milk current IPs the same way Star Wars was milked pre-Disney: without moving the status quo forward.

I don't know what's next for the company; a Warcraft III remaster is something I'd hardly consider exciting. An announcement of a Mobile game to a PC crowd was simply stupid.
I agree, Blizzard is definitely a different company now and they should be pushing more into new IP's. HoTS and Overwatch have been a blast though, just saying. That being said, Diablo 2 started my PC gaming addiction, but WarCraft 3 really solidified it.

The StarCraft remaster did nothing for me. StarCraft was simply a game(a great one, no doubt) that already existed for a while by the time I was introduced to games on the PC. Warcraft 3, I had to wait for and get excited about and even got me into building PC's once its requirements were released and my old Gateway PC could not handle it.

I would love a true successor but I doubt it would ever come. If it did, WoW took the IP in so many crazy directions I would not even know what it would look like. This is the next best thing for me.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:15 PM   #14
Meeks
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbullet View Post
Great news, The Lost Vikings 2 has been released already...
Turns out that didn't work either. What else ya got?
Old 11-03-2018, 12:36 PM   #15
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Maybe they are working on a new Warcraft game. It would make sense to release a remake of a classic to get everyone interested in the IP again (if WOW doesn't count).
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:09 PM   #16
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillTribe View Post
I agree, Blizzard is definitely a different company now and they should be pushing more into new IP's. HoTS and Overwatch have been a blast though, just saying. That being said, Diablo 2 started my PC gaming addiction, but WarCraft 3 really solidified it.
Overwatch was their first new IP since 1998; the fact that we even got something new out of them was amazing. It's ot my cup of tea, but I'm glad we have it.

Blizzard - and gaming as a whole, really - is moving in directions that are starting to drive me away from the hobby. It ain't what it used to be.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:25 PM   #17
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Overwatch was their first new IP since 1998; the fact that we even got something new out of them was amazing. It's ot my cup of tea, but I'm glad we have it.

Blizzard - and gaming as a whole, really - is moving in directions that are starting to drive me away from the hobby. It ain't what it used to be.
Agreed, the entire industry has done such a great job of expanding to people who didn't really like the hobby much that the current products are watered down for the masses.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #18
Oddmaker
Developer

As someone said during the Q&A: (exactly how I felt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzKlmNLTkXM
Old 11-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #19
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

300k thumbs down for the YouTube trailer of immortal. Then it magically drops to 200k . The comment section is filled with people saying YouTube is deleting comments.
What a mess. They should have known they were gonna piss off everybody. Should have just called it a new IP. Would have been better recived.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

The rabid, hardcore gaming fanbase almost universally hates mobile (phone) games and gaming. It's an instinctive, autonomic reaction, like puking at the smell or sight of someone puking. It's funny how obvious this is to me but not to their overpaid execs and employees.

I personally think it could be a fun game, but phone gamers (lol...let's just say 'casuals') don't go to these damned gaming events and announcing this shit at an event like this is a bit like announcing a soy burger at a beef convention. Dumb as fucking hell, lol.

In the end, mobile gaming is gigantic (billions of phones) AND profitable, and I think this game will make them a lot of money. Mobile can't be ignored, but BlizzCon isn't the place for a title like Diablo Immortal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warcraft 3 reforged