Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
James Gunn Fired as...
Last post by RAV
Yesterday 10:27 PM
70 Replies, 2,494 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Meeks
Yesterday 06:37 PM
6 Replies, 367 Views
Picts - Waiting to...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 06:25 PM
18,125 Replies, 2,821,687 Views
Aquaman SDCC Trailer...
Last post by Meeks
Yesterday 06:11 PM
11 Replies, 976 Views
George R.R. Martin's...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 04:51 PM
20 Replies, 1,497 Views
Valve bans over 60,000...
Last post by Blackwing
Yesterday 09:32 AM
1 Replies, 452 Views
Microtransactions have...
Last post by Emabulator
Yesterday 09:24 AM
10 Replies, 1,425 Views
Stardew Valley...
Last post by Emabulator
Yesterday 07:45 AM
0 Replies, 360 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #21
LostToys
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
Gringo looked funny... Wonder why its doing so bad?
It was trying to bill itself as a great satire that fell very short of its marketing goals and did not earn enough good reviews and post release word of mouth.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #22
timmyd
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 339
"Wrinkle in Time" was the default science fiction novel when I was in grade school. If I hear that goddamn fly and hankerchief analogy one more time ....
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #23
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 6,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I enjoyed it. I think the ending is a travesty, but the rest of the film is pretty decent. The real shame is that not only did they butcher the ending, they also cut out any possibility of making the sequels in the process... and considering that the second book is the best of the three, that's a crime.
I have a feeling the reason you enjoyed Annihilation was because you read the books. Others are left to leap blindly to create the logic necessary to understand the meta and fill in the many, many gaps of information and plot the movie leaves open.

The movie was a trainwreck where they barely explained anything from the minute they get into the Shimmer and lose 3 - 6 days to the minute she fails to answer the question if she's the "real" her.

There are ways to make a movie "smart" and still let the audience enjoy the movie. We have examples like Inception where everyone could follow something somewhat complex because the movie helped them along without slowing things down too much.

This movie didn't even bother trying. It's just like, "oh yeah, here's something and it's this way. DNA. Prism. Our work here is done. You figure it out."

It's a shit movie that had a lot of promise. Nothing from the acting, to the script, to the CGI really stands out and most of it is just plain ol' bad.

Like I said in my initial review: the only reason I can see to actually watch this movie is if you've had a an accident where your eyelids have been tragically removed and you are physically incapable from actually turning your eyes away from the TV. Or you lose a bet.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #24
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 805
The Wrinkle in Time flop director, Ava DuVernay, is letting her true ineptitude shine by blaming racism for her horrible movie's massive failure and revealing she had no clue what the story was about. Instead claiming it's about a black girl's hair.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #25
LostToys
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,588
It is especially not helpful when the number one movie of the year, so far, is Black Panther, which features all kinds of black girl hair (and in some cases, such as Okoye, no hair at all).
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #26
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 6,967
What if you went to see Black Panther instead of Wrinkle in Time specifically because you wanted to support black people instead of that rich white guy Chris Pine?
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #27
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
What if you went to see Black Panther instead of Wrinkle in Time specifically because you wanted to support black people instead of that rich white guy Chris Pine?
It means you're a racist.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #28
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
It means you're a racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
It is especially not helpful when the number one movie of the year, so far, is Black Panther, which features all kinds of black girl hair (and in some cases, such as Okoye, no hair at all).
She was one of the few directors up for Black Panther. Dodged a bullet there probably. But DC still wants her.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #29
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 6,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
She was one of the few directors up for Black Panther. Dodged a bullet there probably. But DC still wants her.
By all accounts she's not a terrible director, it is simply misguided of her to blame a perceived failure on racism (will she follow up with a "sexisim" claim after the race card doesn't produce the correct result?) particularly at a time, as LostToys said when Black Panther is owning and one of the highest grossing movies in the last few years was helmed by a female director (Patty Jenkins on WW).

Reminds me: I need to watch Selma.

I don't think I need to point out that Blade Runner 2049, on a much greater budget, damn near made it's money back (fell about $40m short and needed $400m) and it had an even more disappointing opening. Wrinkle is going to do good business, it just isn't going to do a billion.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #30
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
The Wrinkle in Time flop director, Ava DuVernay, is letting her true ineptitude shine by blaming racism for her horrible movie's massive failure and revealing she had no clue what the story was about. Instead claiming it's about a black girl's hair.
Can you link to that? I've not heard of this yet.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:15 AM   #31
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
But the heart doesn’t lead us to what is good, for us or anyone else — it is ever inclined towards evil.
Why? What does that even mean?
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:35 AM   #32
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,472
Saw I can Only Imagine. That was a fine film right there. Solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Why? What does that even mean?
Contact the author. They'll tell you!
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #33
Sensei-X
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,770
A Wrinkle in Time had the same problem that Captain Underpants had, overestimating the selling power of the source material. Honestly while I have heard of A Wrinkle in Time, in the past few decades I've never known anyone who talked about it or even has read it for that matter. And from what I gather from lots and lots of message board posts, even those that have read it speak of it as "that fucking book that was shoved down our throat in school". Not exactly something you'd want to relive or much less spend money on.
__________________
"You shutup, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you died or if your mother was eaten by a bear or something." - TheFlyingOrc
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #34
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Can you link to that? I've not heard of this yet.
Do you know how to use google? Just type her name, add racists at the end and marvel at all the ridiculous racists things she's said. Her movie flopped because she's a typical liberal racists shitbag.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:58 PM   #35
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Do you know how to use google? Just type her name, add racists at the end and marvel at all the ridiculous racists things she's said. Her movie flopped because she's a typical liberal racists shitbag.
So you are saying that if I type in her name and then “racist”, I will get links to credible articles about her being a racist.

Is this how you live your life and how you use the internet? Because that would explain a LOT. I mean, seriously.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #36
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,080
No you'll get links with comments from her regarding how important skin color is, and how important it is to her to promote blacks because they're black. Or things like calling diversity programs lip service. Basically she's much like you and has a huge ass chip on her shoulder regarding skin color. As if the color of one's skin matters vs what they fucking do with themselves. Slavery ended a long time ago Jaz, you weren't alive for it. The world doesn't owe you shit.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:49 AM   #37
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Saw I can Only Imagine. That was a fine film right there. Solid.



Contact the author. They'll tell you!
Dumb answer. He invokes a bunch of ridiculous passages from the bible in the article as his proof.

When are your sources not going to be garbage?
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:00 AM   #38
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
No you'll get links with comments from her regarding how important skin color is, and how important it is to her to promote blacks because they're black. Or things like calling diversity programs lip service. Basically she's much like you and has a huge ass chip on her shoulder regarding skin color. As if the color of one's skin matters vs what they fucking do with themselves. Slavery ended a long time ago Jaz, you weren't alive for it. The world doesn't owe you shit.
If you think the only problem with America’s relationship to black people is slavery, then you don’t KNOW “shit”.

Yes, apparently I do agree with her on many subjects. As do several million other black people and other minorities. How many million people have to say something before you accept it as valid? Or are you the kind of racist who likes to hide his racism behind a faux layer or pragmatism?

“If we eliminate context, history, and inconvenient facts, then black people and white people are the same so they should be treated the same! YOURE the racist if you say that a country that had slaves up until the 1960s still has some problems! All those problems and all the racists who created them disappeared after 1964! Don’t you dare point out obvious racist ideology that still exists today! THOSE people are the VICTIMS of YOUR racism!’
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:06 AM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
If you think the only problem with America’s relationship to black people is slavery, then you don’t KNOW “shit”.

Yes, apparently I do agree with her on many subjects. As do several million other black people and other minorities. How many million people have to say something before you accept it as valid? Or are you the kind of racist who likes to hide his racism behind a faux layer or pragmatism?

“If we eliminate context, history, and inconvenient facts, then black people and white people are the same so they should be treated the same! YOURE the racist if you say that a country that had slaves up until the 1960s still has some problems! All those problems and all the racists who created them disappeared after 1964! Don’t you dare point out obvious racist ideology that still exists today! THOSE people are the VICTIMS of YOUR racism!’
Yep I'm sure racist for judging people based on what THEY DO rather than what they look like. How much more proping up with things like affirmative action and minority quota hires do you need before you realize that affirmative action and minority quotas are racist in their concept to begin with? Do you agree that blacks need to be hand held to succeed simply because of the color of their skin? Do you have so much self hate and insecurity that you truly believe that? Or have you been playing the oppression olympics for so long now that you just don't know any better? You should get a job at Google Jaz, you'd fit right in with the rest of the marxists in Silicon Valley.

People from all over the world, people of all ethnicities in America and outside of America, have always been achieving great things on merit throughout the long history of the world.

Nobody is not letting people into certain doors over their ethnicity.

Nobody is not letting people into certain door because they are not white. So rather than whine and cry that America is so racist when America has bent over fucking backwards for blacks why not do something about it to better yourselves? Oh I know why, that would take some fucking effort on the part of the black population. That 13% of Americans who are responsible for 85% of violent crime in the US and most of that is against other blacks. But no really it's whitey that's keeping you down. It's not 1964, it's 2018, how many more decades do blacks need before they start blaming themselves for their situation rather than everyone else?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:20 AM   #40
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post

Nobody is not letting people into certain doors over their ethnicity.
Everything you are saying is predicated on something that is demonstrably proven to be false. So what else is their to talk about? You’re basically saying water isn’t wet, and then going on to explain how everyone who thinks so is deluded and “self hating”.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 AM.