Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Game and Movie Releases...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:50 AM
6 Replies, 422 Views
What You Can Expect From...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Today 07:25 AM
38 Replies, 1,491 Views
Bob Iger Done as Disney...
Last post by blackzc
Today 03:22 AM
20 Replies, 646 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by blackzc
Today 03:10 AM
6,092 Replies, 1,355,449 Views
Kung flu
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 02:50 AM
27 Replies, 410 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by stalazon
Yesterday 11:59 PM
278 Replies, 83,243 Views
Jens Nygaard Knudsen,...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 09:41 PM
7 Replies, 297 Views
Saint Maud Ash Wednesday...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 06:28 PM
0 Replies, 144 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2020, 12:58 AM   #21
Mozgus
Evil Dead
 
Mozgus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,053
I heard all about how season 1 ends on a cliffhanger and yet folks here are claiming its a one and done season. Both cannot be true.
Mozgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:37 AM   #22
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozgus View Post
I heard all about how season 1 ends on a cliffhanger and yet folks here are claiming its a one and done season. Both cannot be true.
If you read the article you'd see:

Quote:
Lindelof told USA TODAY this week that he's told the story he wants to tell and has no interest in a second season, though he's "given my blessing" to HBO should it want to pursue a new installment with another writer-producer.
The show did have basically a cliffhanger ending so yes, both are really true.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:28 PM   #23
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Yeah, people seem to forget Westworld was supposed to be one-and-done too. If there had been enough money in it they'd have done a second season even if it meant fucking the original show runner and his carefully woven "one shot" plot.
There definitely was enough. It was their original with the highest ratings. They didn't want to continue without lindeloff. HBO is not showtime. They don't grind their shoes into garbage like dexter.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:28 PM   #24
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozgus View Post
I heard all about how season 1 ends on a cliffhanger and yet folks here are claiming its a one and done season. Both cannot be true.
It doesn't. No more then inception does.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:38 PM   #25
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 7,272
LOL @ television.

Dumb
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #26
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,306
If the show had such a strong left political slant then why did the cop get blown away at the start when he couldn't get hq to release his gun?

Watchmen has always been about facism and order vs anarchy. It doesn't fit neatly into right/left boxes.

Also the "alt-right" of that world very correctly believes the alien attack was a hoax. Hardly leftist slant.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:30 PM   #27
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
If the show had such a strong left political slant then why did the cop get blown away at the start when he couldn't get hq to release his gun?

Watchmen has always been about facism and order vs anarchy. It doesn't fit neatly into right/left boxes.

Also the "alt-right" of that world very correctly believes the alien attack was a hoax. Hardly leftist slant.
Who the fuck cares? Jesus Christ are you never not a sniveling little communist toad?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:32 PM   #28
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 11,051
Glad I only watched the first episode. WAAAY too political and leftist identity politics pushing for me.
__________________
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #29
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 11,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralthundr View Post
who the fuck cares? Jesus christ are you never not a sniveling little communist toad?
lololololol
__________________
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:57 PM   #30
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,306
Uh, you guys care. I didn't write this:

"Lindelof always planned on this being a one-shot series. I didn't care for the strong left political slant or the weekly release format so didn't stick with it for long. Still, it performed fairly well critically and even had some good viewership numbers so people adding this series to the "Go woke, go broke" lists aren't being honest with themselves."
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:52 PM   #31
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"Lindelof always planned on this being a one-shot series. I didn't care for the strong left political slant or the weekly release format so didn't stick with it for long. Still, it performed fairly well critically and even had some good viewership numbers so people adding this series to the "Go woke, go broke" lists aren't being honest with themselves."
I wrote it, and it's true. The show performed fairly well and was left open to add a season so if they wanted to make a second season it would probably have been well received.

However, the story arc he created was supposed to be done.

And if you missed the identity politics and the other alt-left bullshit you weren't actually watching the series. It was infused with that crap.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:55 PM   #32
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I wrote it, and it's true. The show performed fairly well and was left open to add a season so if they wanted to make a second season it would probably have been well received.

However, the story arc he created was supposed to be done.

And if you missed the identity politics and the other alt-left bullshit you weren't actually watching the series. It was infused with that crap.
AOC did call the DNC centrist conservative recently, so if she's that far off in fantasy make believe world, and given Eats history of retarded to a level no one thought possible, it's hardly surprising he can't see a left wing slant when it's shoved in his face. He lives for that shit anyway.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:24 AM   #33
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead
 
Inkabodcrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,162
The only stupid political shit that annoyed me was the white supremecist shit. Like a bunch of rednck trailer trash chodes were going to threaten Dr. Manhattan...or anything at all. That is like yesterday's 2nd Amendement rally, which had zero crimes, looting, violence, or even litter in its aftermath (unlike ANTIFA), being called by the national media as terrorist, extremist, and other similar names.

If you keep your head in the sand about this stuff, no. I don't even want to give you a label. You already know what you are. But everyone sees it. We all have eyes. You aren't changing a single person's thoughts by being partisan. Just look at reality, because it is reality.
__________________
I used to indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:17 AM   #34
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
The only stupid political shit that annoyed me was the white supremecist shit. Like a bunch of rednck trailer trash chodes were going to threaten Dr. Manhattan...or anything at all.
It had so much political shit though, it was all over the map. The president had gotten rid of term limits and become president for life. The police were hiding their faces and had virtually no accountability.

They were in a completely insane facist world where morality was extremely black and white to almost everyone, except ozymandias who is 100% moral relative/greater good philosophy. Why do you think they had a panda in charge of releasing the guns to the cops? He was black and white, one of the few grey characters in the show.

Boiling this show down and trying to make it fit into our current politics just doesn't work very well. You guys latch on the this KKK group as if it is a reflection of today's politics, but the watchmen world has always been mostly about moral relativity and how far is too far.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:51 AM   #35
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
It had so much political shit though, it was all over the map. The president had gotten rid of term limits and become president for life. The police were hiding their faces and had virtually no accountability.

They were in a completely insane facist world where morality was extremely black and white to almost everyone, except ozymandias who is 100% moral relative/greater good philosophy. Why do you think they had a panda in charge of releasing the guns to the cops? He was black and white, one of the few grey characters in the show.

Boiling this show down and trying to make it fit into our current politics just doesn't work very well. You guys latch on the this KKK group as if it is a reflection of today's politics, but the watchmen world has always been mostly about moral relativity and how far is too far.
Antifa and BLM totally see cops as murderers with no accountablility, they say this every single day. You are so full of shit. This entire show screamed out left wing political bullshit.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #36
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Antifa and BLM totally see cops as murderers with no accountablility, they say this every single day. You are so full of shit. This entire show screamed out left wing political bullshit.
You sound like you have never seen the show. Is that right?
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #37
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
You sound like you have never seen the show. Is that right?
There are also a lot of people who are seriously worried Trump will appoint himself president for life.

As if that would actually fly, but there are people who lose sleep over the possibility. Some of them wrote for this show.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:56 PM   #38
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 36,071
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
There are also a lot of people who are seriously worried Trump will appoint himself president for life.

As if that would actually fly, but there are people who lose sleep over the possibility. Some of them wrote for this show.
Nope. The president-for-life thing is in the original comics, which were released back in the 80's. Nixon won after the 22nd amendment is repealed after our win in Vietnam.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:42 PM   #39
wunshot
Subscriber
 
wunshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
They totally left it open for a second season. We never got to see Night Owl, or hear why he was in Jail. That's a lot of room for a second season there.

Personally, if I was writing the second season, the first thing I would have Jon do is dump Angela for a younger, prettier girl, since that is something he has done several times before.

I also wouldn't have her gain any of his powers, because he's not dead. He didn't die -- no one absorbed his powers in the finale and he's been disintegrated twice before and it didn't kill him, why would it work the third time?

Plus, I would start to flesh out the idea of Mirror Guy replacing Rorschach.

I think trying to tie it back to the comics is a good idea, so you could certainly do some stuff with the first Night Owl and pair that with modern stuff with the new Night Owl.

And how about a new Comedian? Perhaps even with Jeffrey Dean Morgan coming back for some scenes as the original Comedian? How about a Comedian who "sees" the original Comedian talking to him all the time? And you are never sure if it's real or just an imaginary friend?

I could knock this one out of the park.

Someone at HBO needs to hire this man. All interesting ideas.
wunshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:56 AM   #40
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Nope. The president-for-life thing is in the original comics, which were released back in the 80's. Nixon won after the 22nd amendment is repealed after our win in Vietnam.
It something that was known as background info, IIRC, until the show aired and it got more focus.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 AM.