Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Geek Love > Totally Off Topic

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 03:37 AM
6,044 Replies, 1,346,443 Views
Full Bat-Suit and...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 03:07 AM
18 Replies, 872 Views
Animal Crossing: New...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 12:44 AM
10 Replies, 587 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 09:57 PM
12 Replies, 879 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Meeks
Yesterday 08:46 PM
5 Replies, 186 Views
The Evil Avatar Dragon...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 05:50 PM
0 Replies, 139 Views
The Evil Avatar Dragon...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 05:47 PM
0 Replies, 128 Views
8 GREAT Nintendo Switch...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 05:02 PM
6 Replies, 302 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2020, 10:25 PM   #5841
RAV
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Honestly, I would say that for communists their lack of a religion(atheism) basically was a religion. They were saying all the other religions are wrong and everyone needs to be converted or annihilated. That is a pretty familiar song and dance.

The main reason for the bigger atrocities really comes down to famine. Sure they were jailing and murdering a good amount of people, but the famines were the real wipe out events. Those famines really came from the idea of extreme centralized management of all production and market forces. They just didn't realize how complex of a system they were trying to replace.

The free market has millions of moving parts that can barely even be tracked, much less centrally controlled. They just had no hope of swapping in a slow, dumb bureaucratic system to replace it so quickly. Even if they had done a better job they were never going to be able to compete with something as agile as a real free market.

Also I don't really think religion is the prime mover in most atrocities that seem like they are about religion in any case. I think religion is used as part of a casus belli and to get people fired up, but in most cases I think it would've happened either way with some other excuse used to explain the otherness of the people that need to be slaughtered.
The guys in power were fully aware of the famines. They held on for years or decades to their policies while watching their people die, for the greater good and the betterment of future generations. They even understood what caused it. They even caused them on purpose. Even today North Korea is actively sacrificing parts of its population to starvation in order to bump its military and get rid of "useless chaff" in the population. It makes strategic sense. Its quite logical. there is nothing mystical about it. They knew what they were doing. The people were murdered. Just because they weren't in a prison cell doesn't mean it was an accident. That's what I am trying to address, that these words may sound like just simple incompetence by a bunch of hapless fellas. I mean yes, that's part of the problem, that the nepotism of socialism tends to replace an elite of competent experts in a free market that have to constantly earn their positions by merit of their work, with an incompetent self-declared elite that usurp power through ideological/political alignment. But on top of that, the evil intend in all that by the higher ups was real.

I feel like calling communism a religion is a bit of a sleight of hand. I mean I know what you mean, and religious people also sometimes tend to call atheism just another religion, to spite atheists. But the core difference is that old established religions actually have something to tell, they developed organically over millennia. They make observations on nature and human behavior. They tell us who we are. The stories tell about fundamental principles of life, that don't just go out of style, just as there are formulas in math that are centuries old but as valid today and probably a thousand years into the future. Religions actually had to prove their value, by helping people survive in the harshest conditions. That also doesn't mean that religions are necessarily just about being nice. They are not about being evil either, since that didn't seem to help people. They mainly meant you survived for longer periods of times by being a decent person in the ways described. That people survive is not to be taken as granted. Many didn't, along their own brand of religion or whatever other believe system or behavior strategy. Whether our modern conceptions prove survivable over the centuries, is yet to be proven. In the 20th century many people have died already in social experiments, like mice in a laboratory. Does this mean I am advocating blind faith and no progress? I see plenty bad things being done in the name of religion. Mostly I mean to say that changes are not automatically equivalent to improvements, even if they sound cool, because life is so complex, and there are hard consequences no one human can take into account, no matter how smart they think they are. Pride before the fall and all that. There's certainly been plenty of falls. Apocalyptic ones even. People like to declare god dead... and then assume the role of god in their grand schemes for humanity. A bit more modesty and appreciation to what brought us here would probably help some.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:33 PM   #5842
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,391
Why any of you engage the communist rapist fratboy douchebag for anything more than a lulz or two is beyond me. He's a fucking moron, lol. Point, laugh, move on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:01 AM   #5843
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Why any of you engage the communist rapist fratboy douchebag for anything more than a lulz or two is beyond me. He's a fucking moron, lol. Point, laugh, move on.
Because a lost cause like Eats is fun to poke just to see what further levels of retard will spill out of his commie mouth.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #5844
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,346
Russia has ended any sort of dual citizenship being allowed in government. The US really should do the same.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/ImyVOYL6zATl/
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #5845
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Yes, Trump should've gotten FISA warrants and gone through the legitimate channels of governance. How is that even a question. Trump can't setup a parallel dark government that has no oversight from the other branches to investigate his personal enemies.
I don't know who told you this, but the President does not need FISA warrants to ask an ally to do something. Was Joe Biden acting on a FISA warrant when he asked for quid-pro-quo on the Ukraine? And yes, Biden was acting in his own personal interest. It's impossible to deny that since the prosecutor was going after the company that employed his son. I'm sure if it was the other way around and Trump wanted someone fired who was investigating a company that Trump Jr worked at there would be no question that exact same scenario was quid-pro-quo.

Also, how exactly does one set up a parallel dark government when everything they do is documented and declassified making it public knowledge? That's a new one on me. Maybe if the call was on a secret line that wasn't monitored I could see it, but you are literally grasping at straws here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
It very clearly appears like Trump was soliciting foreign governments to interfere in the presidential election, and going around oversight to run an off book operation because everyone involved knew it was wrong.
Interfering in an election? So was Obama interfering in an election when put wire taps on the Trump campaign? When he had Carter Page surveilled? Note that the FISA warrants were illegal and didn't justify it.

Also, I don't know if you realize this but Trump isn't running against Biden. If I was Trump, I would *want* Joe Biden to run against me. Have you seen Biden during campaign stops? But regardless, Trump is not running against any Democrat right now. The Democratic party hasn't selected their candidate. You are literally advocating that announcing the desire to run for President, even if you are not a candidate, provides complete amnesty from being investigated for criminal acts and that isn't the case.

Actually, this entire impeachment, which was 100% partisan for and bi-partisan against, is a much better case of a political party interfering in an election. Imagine if the Republicans had been calling for Obama's impeachment the day he took office and then tried to impeach Obama during the 2012 election for something with zero bipartisan support? I doubt you would be in the same position.

Your own party is telling you they can't trust elections and should decide on the president themselves. You really don't see that as wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Also Trump did put a hold on the funds immediately after the call.
I don't see how that matters. Funds get held up for lots of reasons. But regardless of the reason, that would only be an issue if the funds were only given in return for something else, which didn't happen. The funds were released on time and without the Ukraine doing an investigation. The Ukraine says they were never aware the US had planned to hold funds in exchange for an investigation. I am not surprised that you seem to be ignoring that. The entire absence of actual quid-pro-quo kind of kills the entire narrative.
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:39 PM   #5846
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,339
I'm assuming the new defense is going to be that Trump could see the future and knew Biden was going to enter the democratic primary a full year before he actually did.

__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:41 PM   #5847
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,339
Interesting this:

China Quarantines 40 Million, 1,300+ Infected; Expert Predicted Coronavirus ‘Pandemic’ Could Kill 65 Million; U.S. Evacuation Underway In China

This is biblical. But what is the top story on all of the main stream news web sites? I'll give you one guess.
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #5848
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,288
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...long_audio_of/

How could this be, Trump doesn't even know Lev Parnas...
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:17 PM   #5849
brandonjclark
Evil Dead
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...long_audio_of/

How could this be, Trump doesn't even know Lev Parnas...
You realize that the ambassador was called on to be fired BEFORE Biden announced his run, right?

Like, THE DAY BEFORE?
__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rebel Galaxy
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:17 PM   #5850
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...long_audio_of/

How could this be, Trump doesn't even know Lev Parnas...
Um, you do realize that recording completely undermines the case for impeachment, right?
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:44 PM   #5851
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Um, you do realize that recording completely undermines the case for impeachment, right?
shhh don't confuse the commie with common sense or reality.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:19 AM   #5852
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Um, you do realize that recording completely undermines the case for impeachment, right?
I disagree, the case for impeachment is and always will be Orange Man Bad. Lefties, like Eats, don't care about evidence, facts, etc. Their only goal is to rule by any means necessary to push forth their views.

The only thing a person needs to know about Eats is this: In an effort to persuade people that Kavanaugh was guilty, Eats stated that he himself had attended frat parties where girls were being drugged and gang-raped, that it was a normal experience... and he did nothing about it, which was somehow meant to indict Kavanaugh on a website focused on video games. So, the best case scenario is that he invented these stories about girls being drugged and gang-raped because he wanted to push his politics; meaning that he'll say anything, regardless if it aligns him with gang-rapists, in hopes of achieving a political goal. Of course if he is willing to align himself with rapists in his own stories, what is too far for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Also following your line of logic it is I guess ok to kill anyone who is directing others to take American lives. So why don't we just assassinate Khamenei and Hassan Rouhani as well?
It seems that you're arguing it's not okay to kill those leading forces that are actively killing Americans? Was it not okay to kill assassinate UBL? He was simply directing others to take American lives, after all.

Do people weigh the perceived consequences of such actions? Yes. It appears that people in positions of authority felt the predicted likely consequences of such an action were acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Traditionally these actions are not usually seen as acts of war. When the US was supplying munitions to afghanistan during the cold war, or the allies during WW1 and WW2 it did not precipitate war. Same for the USSR in vietnam and N Korea.
Ah, you're ignorant. Yes, supplying and training people to kill members of a foreign nation is considered an act of war. Why did it not precipitate war? Nuclear weapons. Are you too slow to understand that difference? Iran, even by the Obama administration, was recognized as a state sponsor of terrorism that targeted Americans. The Obama administration even touted that some sanctions targeted Iran's sponsoring of terrorism would remain in place with the deal.

Idiots like yourself blindly believed that Iran was remotely willing to abide by the deal.
Quote:
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has found uranium particles at a site in Iran that had not been declared by the Iranian authorities.

A confidential report, seen by the BBC, did not say exactly where the site was. But inspectors are believed to have taken samples from a location in Tehran's Turquzabad district.

That is the area where Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has alleged Iran had a "secret atomic warehouse".
There is documentation regarding Iran moving documents and some sort of materials to this location, of course. Does that matter to you? No. Is there a reason that Iran did not declare this site and offered that it was a rug factory in response to the findings? What caused Iran to stop pursuing a nuclear weapon in 2003? (hint: it wasn't pallets of money).

Your complaint that such an action may lead to Americans being killed by Iranians is odd, since Iranians have been killing Americans for decades now, something which you seem to not care at all about.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:09 AM   #5853
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Also, I don't know if you realize this but Trump isn't running against Biden. If I was Trump, I would *want* Joe Biden to run against me. Have you seen Biden during campaign stops? But regardless, Trump is not running against any Democrat right now. The Democratic party hasn't selected their candidate. You are literally advocating that announcing the desire to run for President, even if you are not a candidate, provides complete amnesty from being investigated for criminal acts and that isn't the case.
Worse. Trump didn’t ask for an investigation into Joe Biden at all. He wanted to find out what happened to the investigation of a company Biden’s SON worked at.

The progressives seem to be trying to establish a “6-degrees-of-Barrack-Obama” precedent where even the family members of anyone who might become a party candidate for any political office - from a School Board to President - is immune from scrutiny as long as the candidate has the correct anti-Trump credentials.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:16 AM   #5854
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Iran, even by the Obama administration, was recognized as a state sponsor of terrorism that targeted Americans. The Obama administration even touted that some sanctions targeted Iran's sponsoring of terrorism would remain in place with the deal.

There is documentation regarding Iran moving documents and some sort of materials to this location, of course. Does that matter to you? No. Is there a reason that Iran did not declare this site and offered that it was a rug factory in response to the findings? What caused Iran to stop pursuing a nuclear weapon in 2003? (hint: it wasn't pallets of money).
Even as the Iran deal was being drafted the Supreme Leader was saying how they weren’t going to go along with it.

Original stipulations had Iran limited to gen1 centrifuges instead of the newest 8th gen and being able to surprise inspect even many military facilities. Supreme Leader said fuck off to that you Infidels and guess which centrifuges they use and how much advance notice has to be given by inspectors in the final version of the deal?

Netanyahu liked dealing with them to bargaining in an Arab bazaar where you cant be afraid to leave the table; it is expected in their culture that no one goes for the first offer. But Iran pushed back a little and right away a spineless Obama and John Kerry blinked and caved presumably so they could add another notch to their “legacies”.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #5855
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,391
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:59 PM   #5856
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,288
https://thehill.com/policy/national-...reeze-to-biden

But please continue with all your nonsensical arguments about this situation that are incredibly transparent.

You better pick a new pathetic defense. I wouldn't go with the one where you say it was cool because it was only an attempted shake down by Trump, and he got caught in the middle. That is like saying attempted murder is ok because you didn't succeed.

Last edited by Eats; 01-26-2020 at 05:17 PM..
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #5857
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
https://thehill.com/policy/national-...reeze-to-biden

But please continue with all your nonsensical arguments about this situation that are incredibly transparent.

You better pick a new pathetic defense. I wouldn't go with the one where you say it was cool because it was only an attempted shake down by Trump, and he got caught in the middle. That is like saying attempted murder is ok because you didn't succeed.
It's well within a president's job to investigate corruption. Never mind that Bolton has an axe to grind for getting shitcanned to begin with. Bolton recently signed a "consulting" contract with a US company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch with links to - you guessed it - Burisma. Naw no motive there to fabricate things for his liberal pals guilty of the same shit, Kerry, Biden, Pelosi, Romney etc.

The difference is unlike MUH RUSSIA we have proof of democrats being corrupt to the core, instead you'd rather soft coup a president because you dislike him.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:54 PM   #5858
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
https://thehill.com/policy/national-...reeze-to-biden

But please continue with all your nonsensical arguments about this situation that are incredibly transparent.
Calling actual facts "nonsensical arguments" doesn't negate them as actual facts, just like unsubstantiated allegations do not magically negate actual facts, even if you think they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
You better pick a new pathetic defense. I wouldn't go with the one where you say it was cool because it was only an attempted shake down by Trump, and he got caught in the middle. That is like saying attempted murder is ok because you didn't succeed.
Actually it's you making the pathetic attempt. Personally I wouldn't go with the one where you try to claim it's attempted murder only because this non-involved third party makes an unsubstantiated claim that it was, even though both the accused and the victim and, well, the actual evidence say there was no attempted murder.
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:58 PM   #5859
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Even as the Iran deal was being drafted the Supreme Leader was saying how they weren’t going to go along with it.

Original stipulations had Iran limited to gen1 centrifuges instead of the newest 8th gen and being able to surprise inspect even many military facilities. Supreme Leader said fuck off to that you Infidels and guess which centrifuges they use and how much advance notice has to be given by inspectors in the final version of the deal?

Netanyahu liked dealing with them to bargaining in an Arab bazaar where you cant be afraid to leave the table; it is expected in their culture that no one goes for the first offer. But Iran pushed back a little and right away a spineless Obama and John Kerry blinked and caved presumably so they could add another notch to their “legacies”.
Yup, they're cowards and fools.

"Welcoming Iran’s reaffirmation in the JCPOA that it will under no circumstances ever seek, develop or acquire any nuclear weapons."

People like Eats are dumb enough to believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
https://thehill.com/policy/national-...reeze-to-biden

But please continue with all your nonsensical arguments about this situation that are incredibly transparent.

You better pick a new pathetic defense. I wouldn't go with the one where you say it was cool because it was only an attempted shake down by Trump, and he got caught in the middle. That is like saying attempted murder is ok because you didn't succeed.
Since an unpublished book allegedly claims that this happened, it's fact? Hahaha. Please, don't stop being such a fool.

Speaking of pathetic defenses, do your recall yours about Iranian General? Lets look at your silly murder analogy when applied to your own logic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Lets see, was it an act of war to supply rockets to forces that openly state they are loyal to Iran to attack and kill U.S. personnel in Iraq? Yes. Was it an act of war to have that same group then go after the U.S. Embassy? Yes.
Traditionally these actions are not usually seen as acts of war. When the US was supplying munitions to afghanistan during the cold war, or the allies during WW1 and WW2 it did not precipitate war. Same for the USSR in vietnam and N Korea.

They could probably be construed as a casus belli, but I can't think of a historical example right now. I think it is likely that these kinds of actions have been used as a casus belli though at some point in history.

On the other hand assassinating a general of a sovereign nation is an unambiguous act of war.
It's ambiguous to you when someone who funds, arms, trains, and direct attacks against the United States is committing an act of war. Also, an extra point: it was ambiguous to you when Obama himself was offering favors for the Russians (omg, Putin himself) to give him space during his election. Why? Your rabid politics.

You feel so strongly about this, yet you couldn't stop partying when girls were being drugged and gang-raped, per you. Sounds like you have a very, very odd set of values.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:44 PM   #5860
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,346
Marxist communist have no values, just see Comrade Sanders and Eats for two prime examples.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 AM.