4 Replies, 368 Views
Youtube TV - anyone...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 10:25 PM
1 Replies, 1,593 Views

Old 12-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Carrie Fisher in critical condition after a "cardiac episode" on flight #StarWars

The L.A. Times has the story:

Quote:
Star Wars” actress Carrie Fisher was in critical condition Friday after suffering a “cardiac episode” during a flight from London to Los Angeles, according to airline and emergency officials.

Fisher, 60, was rushed to the hospital by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics shortly after noon, after her 11-hour flight touched down at LAX.

A source who was not authorized to discuss the incident said the actress was “in a lot of distress on the flight.”

A statement released by United Airlines said that medical personnel met Flight 935 from London on arrival after the crew reported a passenger was unresponsive.
Update: Carrie Fisher "Out of Emergency Room" After Suffering Heart Attack on Plane, Says Brother

Update 2: Carrie Fisher in Intensive Care After Suffering Heart Attack on Plane, Brother Says

Update 3: Carrie Fisher in "Stable Condition," Tweets Mom Debbie Reynolds
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

Just watched the new ep of 8 Out of 10 Cats she was in earlier today. Hope she's pulling through alright.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Yikes. I hope she is okay.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I hope she's okay and gets well soon.

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:38 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I sure hope she is OK, but witnesses on the plane said she was deceased when they took her off the plane.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #6
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I sure hope she is OK, but witnesses on the plane said she was deceased when they took her off the plane.
Bummer.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:49 PM   #7
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Such an important character of my early life, I'm grateful for the memories.

Also, when I was 20 and in the USAF I had a girlfriend who looked JUST like her, no shit. She'd even put her hair in buns and let me role play fucking Leia. I should've known then she'd cheat on me with a bunch of guys and girls.

Bitch.

Get well, Carrie!
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #8
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Grim, I know, but I read a really interesting statement from a guy related to death on airplanes. The question being directed toward him was, "What happens if someone dies on an airplane?"

His answer was that it's actually impossible for someone to die on an airplane. That is to say, death is a medical diagnosis that can only be made by a medical professional capable of making that determination and that cannot be done on an airplane. So, if someone were to "die" by all reasonable determinations by a lay-person, they would simply put a blanket over the person and rush them to the hospital as soon as the plane landed.

That very well may be, sadly, what is happening right now.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #9
Antdude
Evil Dead

Come on, girl. You're still the queen of the best sci-fi fantasy outfit ever made. Please get better.
Antdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #10
Varek
Squire

Terrible news, hope she pulls through.
Varek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Grim, I know, but I read a really interesting statement from a guy related to death on airplanes. The question being directed toward him was, "What happens if someone dies on an airplane?"

His answer was that it's actually impossible for someone to die on an airplane. That is to say, death is a medical diagnosis that can only be made by a medical professional capable of making that determination and that cannot be done on an airplane. So, if someone were to "die" by all reasonable determinations by a lay-person, they would simply put a blanket over the person and rush them to the hospital as soon as the plane landed.

That very well may be, sadly, what is happening right now.
Well, I think we all know that's mostly bollocks.
While someone may not be able to be declared dead on the plane, they can still most certainly die on a plane.

Regardless, this is terrible news all around. I know she never really took care of herself and abused drugs for a large portion of her life...but, still. 60 is far too young.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #12
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Just read she is in stable condition. Good.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #13
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Well, I think we all know that's mostly bollocks.
While someone may not be able to be declared dead on the plane, they can still most certainly die on a plane.

Regardless, this is terrible news all around. I know she never really took care of herself and abused drugs for a large portion of her life...but, still. 60 is far too young.
I think you might be missing what I meant. The point of the comment was that at no point will an airline treat a person as though they are dead. So there is no procedure for what to do if someone dies on an airplane. The procedure is the exact same for someone who becomes unconscious as it would be for someone who is clearly dead. They render immediate aid, throw a blanket over them and then rush them to the hospital when the plane lands.

So, while thankfully she might be alright in this instance, were she to die on the plane, all information regarding the situation would be that she was unconscious and taken to the hospital. Even if she had been dead for hours.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #14
Transylmania
Evil Dead

60 is too young to go IMO. Hang in there Carrie!
Transylmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #15
Transylmania
Evil Dead

Holy crap sorry for that image size.
Transylmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:17 PM   #16
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylmania View Post
Holy crap sorry for that image size.
No problem. Fixed.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #17
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

The Hollywood Reporter: Carrie Fisher "Out of Emergency Room" After Suffering Heart Attack on Plane, Says Brother

Quote:
The 'Star Wars' actress received medical treatment onboard an L.A.-bound flight, and was met by paramedics who performed CPR before transferring her to UCLA Medical Center. One witness tweeted she stopped breathing for 10 minutes.

Carrie Fisher, the writer and actress famous for her iconic role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars franchise, suffered a heart attack on a London to Los Angeles bound flight on Friday.

The 60-year-old actress was rushed to UCLA Medical Center by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics after the 11-hour flight touched down at Los Angeles International Airport shortly after noon. Paramedics were standing by for the plane’s arrival and provided advanced life support and “aggressively treated and transported the patient to a local hospital,” fire department spokesman Erik Scott said.

Her brother, Todd Fisher, told The Hollywood Reporter she was "out of the emergency room" at around 4 p.m. on Friday afternoon. He said he could not discuss any other details about what happened.

A rep for the actress did not immediately respond to THR's request for comment.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #18
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

UPDATE: Fisher's brother Todd told Variety that she is now in intensive care and that reports that she was in stable condition were "writing between the lines." The Associated Press reported earlier that, according to Todd Fisher, the actress was "out of emergency" and in stable condition. We'll update this article with further developments as needed.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #19
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Carrie Fisher in Intensive Care After Suffering Heart Attack on Plane, Brother Says

Quote:
Carrie Fisher has been hospitalized and is in intensive care after suffering a full cardiac arrest on Friday while aboard an airplane headed from London to Los Angeles.

The actress was in critical condition earlier in the day, an emergency official told Variety on Friday afternoon. She was moved from the emergency room to the Intensive Care Unit hours later, her brother, Todd Fisher, said Friday evening. The actor and filmmaker said his sister is not in stable condition, despite previous reports.

“She’s in the ICU and everybody’s praying for her,” he told Variety in a phone interview. “There’s nothing new from the doctors. There’s nothing new at all. … There’s no good news or bad news.”
Todd Fisher said media outlets are “writing between the lines” in reporting that she’s now in stable condition. The Associated Press reported earlier today that Todd Fisher said Carrie Fisher was in stable condition and “out of emergency.”
Thanks, JazGalaxy.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:00 PM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Losing a large amount of weight can be very bad for your heart and was part of what led to the early death of Karen Carpenter. She had to lose a lot of weight to reprise her Star Wars role. I wonder if that could somehow have harmed her heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carrie fisher, star wars