PS4 Cross-Play...
Last post by Azzy
Today 02:39 AM
5 Replies, 647 Views

Old 10-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

New User Interface Coming to StarCraft II #Starcraft2 #StarcraftII

Blizzard has posted a preview of the new interface coming to Starcraft II with the 3.0 patch and the Legacy of the Void expansion pack.

Quote:
We’ve made major changes to the StarCraft II user interface as we prepare for Legacy of the Void and wanted to share what we've been working on and the reasoning behind the new design. The changes below will be released with Patch 3.0 and everyone will be receiving the update, whether you only own Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, or even just the Starter Edition.
I've been working my way through the Heart of the Swarm, it brings back memories of the good old days when if you weren't playing PC games you weren't a gamer. Man, how things have changed.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
defiant
Evil Dead

HoTS was great fun. Looking forward to LoTV.
defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant View Post
HoTS was great fun. Looking forward to LoTV.
Just a little over a month now. This is a game I will pre-order.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #5
wunshot
Subscriber

I was a hardcore PC gamer this year. Cracks me up because I'd read your posts Evil A and I just couldn't understand how anyone could have switched to the darkside. Fast forward a year, and I hate playing games on my PC. My PC is tricked out, but it just sucks not being able to sit in a comfy seat playing games on a big screen TV. I only wish I could play multiplayer FPS's with any degree of competency. I had to steer clear of that entire aspect of Destiny after getting one beatdown after another.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #6
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
I was a hardcore PC gamer this year. Cracks me up because I'd read your posts Evil A and I just couldn't understand how anyone could have switched to the darkside. Fast forward a year, and I hate playing games on my PC. My PC is tricked out, but it just sucks not being able to sit in a comfy seat playing games on a big screen TV. I only wish I could play multiplayer FPS's with any degree of competency. I had to steer clear of that entire aspect of Destiny after getting one beatdown after another.
I play PC games from my couch on the 50'' all the time. It always cracks me up that console people act like that isn't an option on the PC. After years of console gaming, I'm back on the PC 95% of the time.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #7
wunshot
Subscriber

I'd do that.....Can you show me your setup for KB/Mouse? Do you have the PC all the way by your TV? I have a work desk that my PC is kinda tied to. Not really sure how I'd get the HDMI cable across the room.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #8
defiant
Evil Dead

Quote:
Hook your PC up to your living room TV or stream to a HTPC via steam. Its not that hard.
defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #9
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
I'd do that.....Can you show me your setup for KB/Mouse? Do you have the PC all the way by your TV? I have a work desk that my PC is kinda tied to. Not really sure how I'd get the HDMI cable across the room.
I have my tower by the TV (built this one two years ago for the express use of gaming). I use a wireless mouse/kb, and a wireless xbox 360 controller. I play mostly controller friendly games. If it is a heavy mouse/KB, then I play on my gaming laptop.

You could also hook up a less powerful laptop, and stream via Steam like the cat above me stated.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #10
wunshot
Subscriber

Damn guess I haven't been paying attention to what Steam is doing these days. That in-home streaming feature sounds pretty good. My TV is already wired via ethernet to my LAN so I'm sure it would work fine with a good wireless kb/mouse.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:33 AM   #11
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I play PC games from my couch on the 50'' all the time. It always cracks me up that console people act like that isn't an option on the PC. After years of console gaming, I'm back on the PC 95% of the time.
Yup. And you can roll with a keyboard/mouse, too. I did it for a long time. May go back to it now that I've got a 4k TV.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:41 AM   #12
Rommel
International Playboy

That machine on the carpet, is the psu facing upwards or top mounted?
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:27 AM   #13
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Damn guess I haven't been paying attention to what Steam is doing these days. That in-home streaming feature sounds pretty good. My TV is already wired via ethernet to my LAN so I'm sure it would work fine with a good wireless kb/mouse.
You can also get a usb extension cord from Amazon for like ten bucks or less. I use that for my keyboard and hook up the mouse when I need to charge it.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:02 AM   #14
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
That machine on the carpet, is the psu facing upwards or top mounted?
top mounted.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #15
screwyluie
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
[CENTER]
I've been working my way through the Heart of the Swarm, it brings back memories of the good old days when if you weren't playing PC games you weren't a gamer. Man, how things have changed.
yeah, there's a lot more confused people these days, playing expensive, underpowered computers they call consoles.

as for gaming on the couch, you've got many options.
you can string an hdmi cord.
Move the computer closer.
build a cheap HTPC (I pieced one together for $80 on craigslist) and stream with steam in home streaming.
You could pre-order the steam link, which will accomplish the same thing.
If you have an android/windows/linux/mac/embedded(eg: RaspberryPi) device hooked up to your tv you can use Moonlight.

controllers are easy, KB/M isn't much more difficult. either extension cables, wireless kb/m, or you could drop ~$60 on a wireless usb hub (handy little things). I think most people would just use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

where do you put them you say? breakfast tray. I found one just like that at a local store for about $15. easily removed the trim from the top and it works perfectly. Really all you need is a good surface for the mouse. The keyboard works fine in your lap, just find something like a hard rectangle you can lay next to you for the mouse surface.

On topic, I'm always amazed at just how much time/money blizzard continues to put into their games. It's not like you pay monthly to play anything but WoW, yet they continue to work on them.
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #16
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I feel very much like playing PC games only feels wrong if you're playing the wrong PC games. I'm not like everyone, obviously, but If going to play a Sim game or something, I'm going to want to do it at a desk. I think those are the games that the PC is really tailored for. Of course playing "widescreen" "cinematic" games on the PC isn't going to feel good. it's not what the experience is about.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #17
Azrael
Evil Dead

I've started playing Star 2 in preparation for this. Cannot wait for it to come out
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #18
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
I've started playing Star 2 in preparation for this. Cannot wait for it to come out
At the peak of RTS, I was a monster. I was playing Starr aft and RA2 like a maniac. To this day I can still sit down and play any RTS and enjoy it. It's such a wonderful style of play.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #19
Terran
Evil Dead

Click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click faster, click, click, click, hurry up and click, click, click.

I hate the entire RTS genre, lol.* Give me TBS any day.

* Slightly ironic!

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #20
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Of course playing "widescreen" "cinematic" games on the PC isn't going to feel good. it's not what the experience is about.
What are you talking about? AC, GTA V, SOMA, Witcher 3, Skyrim, ect... feel just fine on the PC, and all play very well with a controller.

Tags
starcraft 2