Yesterday 05:21 AM
4 Replies, 896 Views

Old 11-14-2015, 11:03 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Reviews #StarCraft2 #LotV

Destuctoid - 9/10

Quote:
If you're invested in StarCraft II's story already, you likely won't be disappointed by Legacy of the Void's tale. If you haven't played any form of StarCraft II yet and are intrigued by the prospect of another RTS, this is probably the strongest the game has ever been. It's a perfect time to jump in.
The Escapist - 4.5/5

Quote:
Legacy of the Void offers a stellar single-player RTS experience, which is nothing new for Blizzard. But the story provides a strong emotional pull that hasn't been achieved in previous installments, making it an exceptional framework for the overall RTS experience.
Game Informer - 8.75/10

Quote:
Legacy of the Void is an extremely polished experience packed with features for all styles of players, but the campaign suffers from a muddled, middling narrative and maps that sometimes feel too much alike. Overall, itís still an impressive experience with powerful protoss style and flavor, a handful of cool levels that play with the genre in unique ways, and a cache of fun multiplayer components that come together to create a solid conclusion to one of the most iconic real-time strategy games of all time.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Beelzebub
Lord

Kinda off-topic: I think the actions-per-minute culture killed Starcraft multiplayer. Old men like me feel like it's not worth trying since the reflexes have dulled and games feel too frantic. It's one of the reasons I think MOBAs have taken off so much with the casuals, you've got 4 buttons to press and can easily compartmentalize what you need to be doing at any given time.
Beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
Korolev
Soul Reaper

I love the single player of all the StarCraft games, but I have always sucked at multiplayer. Still, I remember having tons of fun teaming up with 2-4 other players to defeat the CPU controlled team. Also, the Pokemon mods were everywhere!

My Collector's Edition of LOTV should be arriving on Monday. Looking forward to checking out the extras and displaying them with the other 2 CEs I have.
Korolev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #4
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
Kinda off-topic: I think the actions-per-minute culture killed Starcraft multiplayer. Old men like me feel like it's not worth trying since the reflexes have dulled and games feel too frantic. It's one of the reasons I think MOBAs have taken off so much with the casuals, you've got 4 buttons to press and can easily compartmentalize what you need to be doing at any given time.
It really only affects competitive multiplayer. You can still dabble and have fun without worrying about APM/CPM at all.

Besides, the singleplayer and custom maps alone are worth the price of admission.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
Kinda off-topic: I think the actions-per-minute culture killed Starcraft multiplayer. Old men like me feel like it's not worth trying since the reflexes have dulled and games feel too frantic.
That's right on topic and the reason why the genre sucks.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #6
Azrael
Evil Dead

Pre-ordered LOTV and Fallout 4. Fallout 4 unlocked first so started playing that but the second LOTV unlocked Fallout 4 hit the back burner till i could finish this Starcraft 2 story.

I love Blizzard RTS games and this was no exception. Great finish to the saga. As soon as I finish with Fallout 4 i'm going to play the trilogy from start to finish again. Looking forward to 2020 when either Warcraft 4 or Starcraft 3 finally comes out
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:05 PM   #7
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Game Informer is right. The campaign really does suffer from a pretty darn awful narrative. The gameplay is top notch fun though.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard entertainment, legacy of the void, starcraft 2, starcraft ii