The Voight-Kampff

Gamer's Shopping Guide - March 1-7: #PS4 #Nintendo #XboxOne #Nvidia #Bluray #It

PC GamesPC Gaming HardwarePlayStation 4Xbox OneNintendoTV and Video
Books
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #2
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I'm on a Deus Ex kick right now (try the GMDX mod if you haven't already) and bought Mankind Divided. Human Revolution was surprisingly good. Despite the mixed review score how bad could it be? I never even got past the starting area to Invisible War. Maybe I should give that another shot with mods first.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Prime Member Digital Movie Deals.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
I'm on a Deus Ex kick right now (try the GMDX mod if you haven't already) and bought Mankind Divided. Human Revolution was surprisingly good. Despite the mixed review score how bad could it be? I never even got past the starting area to Invisible War. Maybe I should give that another shot with mods first.
I have gone through several Deus Ex phases. I actually did a Deus Ex site as part of a group of FPS titles we covered back in the dial-up/ISDN days. I started with a Duke Nukem 3D site. (https://web.archive.org/web/20000815...eworld.com:80/ ~ Here's a Half-Life site with some news articles I did 18 years ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20000815...lflife.net:80/)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $2.99 in the Square Enix Steam sale is a must buy if you don't have it.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is worth checking out for $5.99. It's not as good as Human Revolution, and it was buggy as hell at release. But they patched it up.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

AmazonBasics Car Charger for Nintendo Switch - $12.74
Old 03-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #6
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
I have gone through several Deus Ex phases. I actually did a Deus Ex site as part of a group of FPS titles we covered back in the dial-up/ISDN days. I started with a Duke Nukem 3D site. (https://web.archive.org/web/20000815...eworld.com:80/ ~ Here's a Half-Life site with some news articles I did 18 years ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20000815...lflife.net:80/)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $2.99 in the Square Enix Steam sale is a must buy if you don't have it.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is worth checking out for $5.99. It's not as good as Human Revolution, and it was buggy as hell at release. But they patched it up.
I remember both of those sites. At the time I was running AvPCenter, an Aliens vs Predator news and top mod site since lost forever with the long defunct MGON network; and Duck and Cover, one of the oldest and most popular Fallout fansites. We broke the news about Interplay flushing away Black Isle's Fallout 3 and Baldur's Gate 3 in favor of the atrocious Fallout Brotherhood of Steel console game. It got us in deep shit with the idiots running Gamespy. Hard to believe it was that long ago. And so much has changed.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I got Last Guardian via eBay this week. It was poorly packaged and the box was crushed by UPS and the game is a UK version. UK version's work fine, but I'm still kinda miffed about not knowing that ahead of time and that the box is crushed.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I got Last Guardian via eBay this week. It was poorly packaged and the box was crushed by UPS and the game is a UK version. UK version's work fine, but I'm still kinda miffed about not knowing that ahead of time and that the box is crushed.
That's what you get for not using a "Magic Emabulator Linkô."
Old 03-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #9
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
I remember both of those sites. At the time I was running AvPCenter, an Aliens vs Predator news and top mod site since lost forever with the long defunct MGON network; and Duck and Cover, one of the oldest and most popular Fallout fansites. We broke the news about Interplay flushing away Black Isle's Fallout 3 and Baldur's Gate 3 in favor of the atrocious Fallout Brotherhood of Steel console game. It got us in deep shit with the idiots running Gamespy. Hard to believe it was that long ago. And so much has changed.
I remember AvPCenter and Duck and Cover. I read/used both of those sites, good stuff. Back then it was Voodoo Extreme, Blue's News and game specific sites. First thing I did when coming home with a new game from Egghead Software was look for websites I could use as resources.

Gamespy was a total mess at times from what I heard through the Interwebs-vine. There were allegations that people were writing articles against piracy on the main Gamespy site, while pirating games themselves. (Surprised they didn't get a Pulitzer for that. )

When the "Internet Bubble Burst", and ad revenue dropped to one tenth of what it was, a lot of sites/networks had to shut down with operating costs far exceeding revenue. I ended up doing EvilAvatar because I missed it. I still missed the getting paid part. These days Google has too much control over online advertising.

I was still the 'old guy' back then working with guys ten years younger than me. I'm 51 now. I learned HTML from a Dummies book. Then I got a better book for reference.

Tags
amazon associates, weekend deals