10-20-2018 08:38 PM
15 Replies, 742 Views

Old 09-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Report: Netflix in Talks for Diablo Animated Series

Game Informer has the story.

Quote:
Hot off the heels of the successful Castlevania animated series, Netflix might be looking to add another video game adaptation to its library in the form of Blizzard's Diablo.

Andrew Cosby, founder of comics publisher Boom! Studios, tweeted on Wednesday that he's in talks to write the series in collaboration with Netflix and Activision-Blizzard. While the tweet has since been deleted, likely because it was publicly referring to a project that has not been announced, Variety managed to catch and report on it.

Judging by Cosby's pedigree as the writer of the new Hellboy reboot and Netflix's penchant for more adult animation, Castlevania included, a Diablo series would likely veer toward the more mature end of the animation spectrum in terms of subject matter and violence. Seeing as how it's only in talks right now, however, it might be some time before we see anything from it.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

I'm hopeful but they'll probably do something like make the Crusader gay. My kids were into Voltron and it seemed good and I thought they did well with the Dragon Prince but both have or are introducing gay characters. I guess maybe it's just something they do with their animation.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
Skunk
Evil Dead

Well... noone in Castlevania was gay and the Crusader is under oaths of chastity (like Kormac the Templar, up until....).

I don't have any problems with any of the characters being gay because frankly, not a single one of the player characters ever seemed to have any sort of romantic inclinations. They were all totally stoic in that regard. I'm playing a female monk this season and with the scoundrel as a follower and he hits on her all the time and she just shuts him down. They're all very professionally behaved, careerist world-savers.

Also, the male wizard looks like he would bat for that team, so I'd even offer that up to them as a suggestion.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:03 PM   #4
blackzc
Evil Dead

Literally amaizng, day one, will bing watch with pizza, zomg.

Edit: Fuck Neetflix. I dont even have that shit in the house.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:30 AM   #5
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
Also, the male wizard looks like he would bat for that team, so I'd even offer that up to them as a suggestion.
I think he'd be too in love with himself to pay anyone else any mind. He's always like, "Fuck, I'm awesome! Get a load of how goddamned amazing I am!"

Who else could compare, in his eyes?
Old 09-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #6
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Sexuality or sexual expression doesn't exist in Blizzard universes beyond a temptress trying to use it to seduce the hero. Babies come from storks or spawn out of thin air during commercial breaks.

Romance, on the other hand....

Picture Jim and Kerrigan ever hooking up. That's a relationship I could never understand, but I bet Chris Metzen couldn't explain it in human terms either.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #7
blackzc
Evil Dead

I really wish Blizzard would just do this on their own and not farm it out to some SJW blue hair, fat, metrosexual, politically left minded, open mouthed, feminist. Ratards.

Blizzard seems like they are pretty decent. Oh well.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:26 PM   #8
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I really wish Blizzard would just do this on their own and not farm it out to some SJW blue hair, fat, metrosexual, politically left minded, open mouthed, feminist. Ratards.

Blizzard seems like they are pretty decent. Oh well.
Please Blizzard panders to the SJW crowd harder than just about any other developer.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:48 AM   #9
LostToys
Evil Dead

for the "T" for Teen games, sure, but their M-rated games have are far from pandering.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:16 AM   #10
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Please Blizzard panders to the SJW crowd harder than just about any other developer.
I can understand you not liking Blizzard games but this is just not true.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It isn't? They removed a victory screen pose in overwatch because it showed tracer' butt due to some crying about it being sexists or some shit, never mind that if you pay attention in interviews and just the general forum vibe, yeah Chief, the people at Blizzard, push the fucking progressive bullshit to the extreme.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/bl...t-that-simple/

http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/blizz...ics-bandwagon/
Old 09-25-2018, 10:53 AM   #12
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
It isn't? They removed a victory screen pose in overwatch because it showed tracer' butt due to some crying about it being sexists or some shit, never mind that if you pay attention in interviews and just the general forum vibe, yeah Chief, the people at Blizzard, push the fucking progressive bullshit to the extreme.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/bl...t-that-simple/

And they replaced that Tracer pose with another pinup pose that also showed off her butt. They're not a bunch of right wingers by any means but there's a lot worse out there. Heck it was just a few weeks ago that Riot games hosted a "variety of sessions to support women and non-binary folks who are interested in getting into games professionally" at Pax West. And there are definitely worse companies out there than them. Again, Blizzard isn't conservative but they're not the most SJW company out there just because you hate them.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #13
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
And they replaced that Tracer pose with another pinup pose that also showed off her butt. They're not a bunch of right wingers by any means but there's a lot worse out there. Heck it was just a few weeks ago that Riot games hosted a "variety of sessions to support women and non-binary folks who are interested in getting into games professionally" at Pax West. And there are definitely worse companies out there than them. Again, Blizzard isn't conservative but they're not the most SJW company out there just because you hate them.
No they're not conservative, not by a long shot. Riot's a shit studio as well. Though it happened at Pax so really is anyone surprised? It's not like Gabe and Tycho aren't pretty much a couple of whiny broads theses days anyway.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #14
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Quote:
Not completely, but Overwatch's cast was built on a foundation of geographic / cultural diversity to give everyone "their" character.

The fact we know the sexual orientation of one of their marquee characters and how it explores their personal relationships gives more weight to that argument. By the way, did you know that Scout and Soldier once had a fling back in college? It would have gone farther but Soldier had to go overseas and that was that.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:59 PM   #15
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Not completely, but Overwatch's cast was built on a foundation of geographic / cultural diversity to give everyone "their" character.

The fact we know the sexual orientation of one of their marquee characters and how it explores their personal relationships gives more weight to that argument. By the way, did you know that Scout and Soldier once had a fling back in college? It would have gone farther but Soldier had to go overseas and that was that.
Again, I would never argue that Blizzard is right leaning. I'm only saying that there are definitely worse devs out there as far as going SJW.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:38 AM   #16
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:

Son of a bitch...

Blizzard you faggots. I know one of you is reading this.

Stop it.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:02 AM   #17
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Son of a bitch...

Blizzard you faggots. I know one of you is reading this.

Stop it.
That oughta do it. Thanks for saving them Black.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #18
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

Quote:
I'm only saying that there are definitely worse devs out there as far as going SJW.
Agreed. Blizzard keeps its efforts low key. When it goes high profile, it does it with total control. They are like Disney in some respects, in both good and bad ways.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #19
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Agreed. Blizzard keeps its efforts low key. When it goes high profile, it does it with total control. They are like Disney in some respects, in both good and bad ways.
I would say going out of their way to be so "diverse" in Overwatch wasn't really all that subtle but whatever.

Tags
blizzard entertainment, diablo, netflix