Dragged Across Concrete
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:18 AM
2 Replies, 247 Views

Old 02-25-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Dragons Win the Weekend Boxoffice Chart

With an estimated $55.5 million, Universal's release of the DreamWorks Animation title How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World delivered not only the #1 movie at this weekend's box office, but the largest debut of the year so far.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of February 22nd to February 24th, 2019.
  1. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World $55.5/$58.0
  2. Alita: Battle Angel $12.0/$60.6
  3. The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part $10.0/$83.6
  4. Fighting with My Family $8.0/$8.2
  5. Isn't It Romantic $7.5/$33.7
  6. What Men Want $5.2/$45.0
  7. Happy Death Day 2U $4.9/$21.6
  8. Cold Pursuit $3.3/$27.0
  9. The Upside $3.2/$99.7
  10. Run the Race $2.2/$2.2
  11. Green Book $2.0/$69.6
  12. Glass $1.7/$107.9
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:15 AM   #2
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

I really hope Dragon3 is as good as the other 2.

Saw Alita yesterday in IMAX , I enjoyed it quite enough. Good effects , altough It sparked a lot of uncanny valley for me. Overall good story but nothing to write home about. 3.5/5
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACIONAL View Post
I really hope Dragon3 is as good as the other 2.

Saw Alita yesterday in IMAX , I enjoyed it quite enough. Good effects , altough It sparked a lot of uncanny valley for me. Overall good story but nothing to write home about. 3.5/5
It was good and I enjoyed it well enough, although the plot is a bit of a rehash of the second - the Big Bad Evil Guy attempts to capture the dragons for more nefarious purposes. This is, however, acknowledged by the characters and is the impetus for what becomes part of the main characters' mission. If you've seen any of the marketing, you'll have a pretty good idea of how it ends.

The ending was expectedly bittersweet, but it comes with just enough wiggle room to allow for a potential cop-out later on down the road.

If you liked the first two, you'll probably enjoy this one.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #4
LostToys
Evil Dead

Plan on seeing How to Train You Dragon: The Hidden World on Tuesday. Absolutely loved the first two films and can't wait to watch the last one... ok, I can wait, because I am waiting for the half off tickets.

Alita: Battle Angle would have been an amazing film if it was not for the actor who played Hugo. Was like watching Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars prequels. He just absolutely sucked the air out of every scene he was in. Which is a shame, because the film is otherwise an amazing adaptation of the Junk City arc from the manga.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #5
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Plan on seeing How to Train You Dragon: The Hidden World on Tuesday. Absolutely loved the first two films and can't wait to watch the last one... ok, I can wait, because I am waiting for the half off tickets.

Alita: Battle Angle would have been an amazing film if it was not for the actor who played Hugo. Was like watching Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars prequels. He just absolutely sucked the air out of every scene he was in. Which is a shame, because the film is otherwise an amazing adaptation of the Junk City arc from the manga.
yes Hugo was bad, spoilers ahead:

I really liked that he died at the end (suposedly). I hated that they killed Jennifer Connelly. that goddess should never die ever, not in movies nor in real life .
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #6
LostToys
Evil Dead

I think it is a testament to authenticity what happened to Hugo and Chiren. It would have been bad if they tried to change the manga to make it "happier" for Alita and Ido.

And yes, there definitely needed to be an intermission break after Chiren (Jennifer Connelly) was shown laying half-naked in lingerie in bed.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart