96 Replies, 3,585 Views

Old 02-27-2019, 06:18 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Overkillís The Walking Dead Cancelled

Quote:
An Update on Overkillís The Walking Dead

Today Skybound Entertainment released the following statement:

As of today, we have terminated our contract with Starbreeze Studios and will discontinue all efforts on Overkillís The Walking Dead. Our creators and their stories are the core of Skybound, and since 2014 we have worked hard to expand the world of The Walking Dead into an exceptional Co-op Action FPS. We did our best to work with Starbreeze and resolve many issues that we saw with the game, but ultimately Overkillís The Walking Dead did not meet our standards nor is it the quality that we were promised. We are exceedingly sorry to our fans and share their disappointment in the game. We remain dedicated to providing our fans with the most premium quality content we can offer, and will continue to look for alternative video game options for the IP.
skybound.com.

Quote:
Overkillís The Walking Dead expected to be unavailable for purchase on Steam due to disagreement with licence holder

Skybound, the license holder of Overkillís The Waling Dead, has filed a license related complaint with the main digital distribution platform for the Starbreeze game Overkillís The Walking Dead. As a consequence, the product is expected to be removed from new purchases on Steam within a near future. Starbreeze and Skybound are in discussions about the agreement and Starbreeze is trying to resolve the issue to find an amicable solution with the ambition to finish and deliver season 2 of the game, as previously communicated.

ďWe are deeply sorry for the issues this may cause anyone who has bought the game looking forward to the resolution of Season 2 and are working urgently to attempt to resolve the issue. Please keep an eye on the official OTWD channels for further news,Ē said Mikael Nermark, Acting CEO Starbreeze.
starbreeze.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
NESter the Unlikely
Subscriber

Damn, I was actually interested in this one. Can't even pull up the Steam page to look over the reviews, but a quick glance at metacritic tells me all I need to know.

I wonder if they will give Starbreeze a chance to save it or if this is simply the end of the road for OTWD.
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Pretty sure Starbreeze is circling the drain and will cease to exist in a few months time.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
DrizziTx
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Pretty sure Starbreeze is circling the drain and will cease to exist in a few months time.
yup, sad but true
Old 02-27-2019, 01:03 PM   #5
Exodus
Evil Dead

Isn't this vin deisel's studio?
Old 02-27-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
MavenACTG
Soul Reaper

I had to check. Diesel's studio is Tigon Studios, but looks like they contracted or worked with Starbreeze on the Riddick games, with Starbreeze being the principal developer. I think Tigon is just the business entity whose sole purpose is to license Vin Diesel vehicles (punniness acknowledged) in video games along with the other entities under Diesel's production company, One Race Films. Pretty sure Tigon is the name of one of Diesel's D&D characters.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #7
Transylmania
Evil Dead

I'm a huge Walking Dead fan and even I couldn't touch this game once I saw gameplay trailers. The CGI character trailers were amazing though..some people called them Blizzard quality. But with RE2, WWZ and Days Gone I have my zombie games covered for awhile...at least til Dying Light 2.
Transylmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #8
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I really liked the look of the character trailers and, if this game had been 3rd person, it would have been higher on my list.

Too bad to hear about this and Starbreeze's other problems.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the walking dead