Dragged Across Concrete
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:18 AM
2 Replies, 247 Views

Old 02-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Ubisoft teases The Division 2 year one content plans

I am still really looking forward to this one.
Kreigmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
MavenACTG
Soul Reaper

I remember how much gravitas and seriousness there was in the first. No amount of gravitas in this game over the stakes can erase just how much more ridiculous reality is right now.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:52 PM   #3
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
I remember how much gravitas and seriousness there was in the first. No amount of gravitas in this game over the stakes can erase just how much more ridiculous reality is right now.
What's ridiculous is how far left and just how Anti American the democrats have become. Submitted this as news earlier today as well, I'm quite excited for this, there's actually a hell of a lot of content for free coming, and I never expected 3 more brand new specializations as well. Bioware should take note, this is how you properly plan a looter shooter for longevity.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:13 PM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

I'll say this for the series, the weapons are pretty damn good, along with the tech.

I DID play through the entire game along with probably longer than necessary DZ time.

I dunno, I suppose it's worth buying. I think Ubisoft knows it needs to do good on this one, too. So there's that.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:53 PM   #5
wunshot
Subscriber

I still don't get all the hate. I loved The Division 1, and probably put 100 hours into it before i burned out...and that was before all the content updates that I didn't go back for. That's a great RoI for a game without a subscription. I played the beta for D2 and it's the only game I'm really looking forward to other than From Softwares new ninja game....don't remember the name Shakira burns twice or some shit. Who cares....take my money.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:15 PM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
I still don't get all the hate. I loved The Division 1, and probably put 100 hours into it before i burned out...and that was before all the content updates that I didn't go back for. That's a great RoI for a game without a subscription. I played the beta for D2 and it's the only game I'm really looking forward to other than From Softwares new ninja game....don't remember the name Shakira burns twice or some shit. Who cares....take my money.
I've a couple hundred into Division 1 about half and half before it got the patch and balance love and half after. Loved the game, loved the narrative and the loot once they got the game in a good place. It's like a realism version of Diablo back when Diablo didn't suck like it has since D3. I don't get the hate either.

Private beta was great, the end game changes are awesome, and I'm not even a DZ pvp'er that's based on PVE content really for me anyway. Nevermind that the map is 20% bigger now or so they say. Really psyched for Div 2, friend of mine preordered as well so even better.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:54 PM   #7
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

I would like to put about 100 hours into this but not at full price.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:07 AM   #8
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

I don't understand modern marketing. All this trailer says to me is:

"Look at all the great stuff you DON'T get to do when you buy our game!"

It's like they want us to wait for a year before buying "The Division 2". Why not tell us about all the great stuff that we get for buying the game at release? Or are pre-order bonuses supposed to fill that role?
Old 02-28-2019, 04:41 AM   #9
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post

It's like they want us to wait for a year before buying "The Division 2". Why not tell us about all the great stuff that we get for buying the game at release? Or are pre-order bonuses supposed to fill that role?
So you'd rather they have no content planned to extend the life of the game beyond what's initially there? Good to know.

Last edited by SpectralThundr; 02-28-2019 at 06:06 AM..
Old 02-28-2019, 07:26 AM   #10
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Said it before and I'll say it again. This is firmly in the "wait for a sale" category for me. Don't much like that they are doing paid yearly passes with "early access" for narrative content.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:18 AM   #11
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post

I could understand your argument if this was the typical money grab called payed DLC on release. But this is an announcement that tells me I will have stuff to do once I finish the campaign and then fight back the Black Tusk faction.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:26 AM   #12
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
I could understand your argument if this was the typical money grab called payed DLC on release. But this is an announcement that tells me I will have stuff to do once I finish the campaign and then fight back the Black Tusk faction.
Never mind the fact ALL of this content is free to ALL players.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:43 AM   #13
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

After a period of time though. Why time gate it?
Old 02-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #14
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Probably because it isn't completed yet.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:16 AM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
7 days isn't that much is it? Honestly it's just to toss a bone to those who spring for the pricier editions. Not that big a deal. It's not like it's a month or something like that. Honestly this is how you do planing to keep your game going correctly, build on the state you left the first game on, don't reinvent the wheel, improve where you can, and plan significant content drops while letting the player base know up front what those content drops are. Bioware could learn a thing or two here with Anthem.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:18 AM   #16
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Probably because it isn't completed yet.
Ahh I misunderstood his question then, yeah it's not completed yet, it's not content they're holding back to simply hold it back.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #17
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Oh no, I fully mean not giving all players access to the content at the same time. I very much dislike things like that.

You don't need to do that to keep your game going. I understand that live service games either need a subscription (which nobody really wants to go that route anymore) or you need to monetize it after release.

I think the best way for players is to monetize it through the use of optional cosmetics, with everything still being earnable with in game currency. You don't have to have cosmetics for cash and then also say "Yah but if you pay for a "season pass" you can play the stuff ahead of others too!". They already have loot boxes in a full priced game (a mark against it for me) why then also add this on top?

Have they said whether or not you can actually just get the cosmetic items you want with in game currency? Or is the "ala-cart menu" only for real cash?
Old 02-28-2019, 11:30 AM   #18
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I've a couple hundred into Division 1 about half and half before it got the patch and balance love and half after. Loved the game, loved the narrative and the loot once they got the game in a good place. It's like a realism version of Diablo back when Diablo didn't suck like it has since D3. I don't get the hate either.

Private beta was great, the end game changes are awesome, and I'm not even a DZ pvp'er that's based on PVE content really for me anyway. Nevermind that the map is 20% bigger now or so they say. Really psyched for Div 2, friend of mine preordered as well so even better.
I'm starting to see a pattern here. It seems we like a lot of the same shit. *high five*
Old 02-28-2019, 11:34 AM   #19
wunshot
Subscriber

All I can say is I wish it was out right now. I am playing hooky from work and can't find anything worth playing other than Dandara on my phone. Might have to go back to Slay the Spire until this drops.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'm starting to see a pattern here. It seems we like a lot of the same shit. *high five*
Right the hell on.

Quote:
Oh no, I fully mean not giving all players access to the content at the same time. I very much dislike things like that.

You don't need to do that to keep your game going. I understand that live service games either need a subscription (which nobody really wants to go that route anymore) or you need to monetize it after release.

I think the best way for players is to monetize it through the use of optional cosmetics, with everything still being earnable with in game currency. You don't have to have cosmetics for cash and then also say "Yah but if you pay for a "season pass" you can play the stuff ahead of others too!". They already have loot boxes in a full priced game (a mark against it for me) why then also add this on top?

Have they said whether or not you can actually just get the cosmetic items you want with in game currency? Or is the "ala-cart menu" only for real cash?
It's a 7 day bone to season pass holders. A week isn't really that long of a time. Yes you can buy individual pieces of cosmetic content you want rather than having to gamble it in crates, also paid crates won't give you duplicates of items you already have, they're also doing some sort of event/seasonal crates that once the event is over the cosmetics will be available in regular crates. Basically they're doing MT's right. Still won't spend any money on them myself but if it helps support future content for those who do, I don't have a problem with it.

Personally I'm more excited for additional story content and the 3 new specializations out of what's been announced so far. Cosmetics are nice but I'll just take what I get in the freebie crates.

Quote:
All I can say is I wish it was out right now. I am playing hooky from work and can't find anything worth playing other than Dandara on my phone. Might have to go back to Slay the Spire until this drops.
The open beta is from March 1-4 this weekend, it goes live tonight at 4am EST I believe. and runs through monday. Really looking forward to both the beta and the full game in a couple weeks or so.