Disney Reloads Gunn for...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:37 AM
96 Replies, 3,585 Views

Old 02-28-2019, 11:37 PM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

A beautiful winter day - Go outside or stay inside to play games? Why not take the games outside? What are you playing?
Old 03-01-2019, 03:01 AM   #2
Meusli
Subscriber

Hearts of Iron 4 Man the guns DLC and a little bit of Dirt Rally 2, might throw some Stellaris and Insurgency:Sandstorm in there too.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #3
Blog
Evil Dead

I've been enjoying Echo. The game really changes up depending on what you taught your clones in the previous level. It's a lot of fun and the main challenge comes from planning out what you need to do in the short term whilst limiting how dangerous your clones will get once they learn your moves.

After that, I've been getting back into Rocket League with a co-worker and I'll probably continue to chip away at the extra playthroughs on RE2.

I'll also make time to see The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:03 AM   #4
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Despite all the hate and poor reviews out there, I'm enjoying Anthem quite a bit. The technical challenges - crashes, bugs, etc. - are certainly annoying and are starting to wear on me. However, the core gameplay is a hellava lot of fun and keeping me playing it mission after mission. Flying around like Ironman raining down death from above is just a blast!
Old 03-01-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

D&D game with my kids tonight. Division 2 beta and probably some Apex. Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy ttrpg on Sunday.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:16 AM   #6
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Smash Bros Ultimate
Mario + Kingdom Battle
Hollow Knight
Yakuza Kiwami
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Octopath Traveler

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:13 PM   #7
Arionuq
Death Knight

Slay the Spire. Why can't I stop playing this game? WTF its 1 AM.....maybe one more run. Or Warhammer Total War 2 because I haven't played enough Empire campaigns (yes I have).
Arionuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:00 PM   #8
badclam
Death Knight

Picked up God Eater 3,on ps4,can't wait to see what it's about
finishing up Yakuza 0, love the games and story
and some more Switch game's with my Daughter.
badclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:29 AM   #9
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Dude, you guys, Crackdown 3 is really fun. Collecting the orbs is addicting, and the combat is fun. It's just fun, and I wasn't at all hyped for the game. Playing it between PC and Xbox is cool also.

Picked up DOA6, it is the same as usual but the graphics are improved.

Playing Far Cry New Dawn, PUBG, and Trials Rising.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:35 AM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Not going to be much time for gaming this weekend, I will probably play the Division 2 beta for a little while to unlock some of the beta bonus items. There is like a gun skin you can get just for playing, and a few more if you finish the missions and play in the Dark Zone.

If I have extra time I think I will do a little Red Dead Redemption Online. I don’t have much time invested in it and I wouldn’t mind banking some cash for future item and clothing drops. Plus, most of the decent gear doesn’t unlock until you hit about Level 40 so I have to put time into it.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #11
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Playing through the final release of Eviternity, a 32 level campaign for classic Doom. The level design and puzzles are so good. One level just took me 45 minutes and it felt like I was rushing through. Brilliant use of morphing and having areas twist into itself. By some miracle the author made a super complicated thing not frustrating to solve. And I've played a lot of Doom maps that were so frustrating I had to noclip to the exit a few times.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Went to a 3-hour writing presentation/class. I about died laughing, because the class was on Neil Gaiman's Master Class and I used to talk to Gaiman on a daily basis on twitter back in the day.

He's a cool guy, we only got into a disagreement over him winning the rights to Angela. No matter what that judge said, it was obviously work for hire and it was really sleazy of him to claim that "Medieval Spawn" is some kind of original creation that he can sell. Would it be fine with him if I created "Hipster Coraline" and started writing the books and selling them? I doubt it.

Still, despite a difference over authors rights for comics, I think he is a great guy and super talented and it was fun to sit through the class and listen to his speeches. (Via YouTube, BTW, not in person.)

And I wrote a new page this week before class. I haven't been doing much fiction writing, I write my articles here and not much else and it's way past time for me to get back into writing and selling my work.

At least it was a pretty good page. Some days I'm talented enough to even impress myself.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:59 PM   #13
Meeks
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalekFekete View Post
Despite all the hate and poor reviews out there, I'm enjoying Anthem quite a bit. The technical challenges - crashes, bugs, etc. - are certainly annoying and are starting to wear on me. However, the core gameplay is a hellava lot of fun and keeping me playing it mission after mission. Flying around like Ironman raining down death from above is just a blast!
Same here. I get all the concerns people have. I guess at the end of the day the fact that I'm still having fun with it is all that matters to me, which is more than I can say for Destiny 2 at this juncture. They really nailed the combat, and I'm sure the content will come. Now if I could just find a javelin upgrade that allows me to glide along the ground ala Tribes I'd be all set.