Microsoft and Rare...
Last post by NESter the Unlikely
Yesterday 06:09 AM
6 Replies, 545 Views

Old 02-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Jetpacks Coming to Fortnite Battle Royale, Internet Loses its Damn Mind

GamesRadar has the news from the Epic Rocket Science Center for Insane Interwebers.

Quote:
All 50 million players of Fortnite Battle Royale had a collective meltdown yesterday, when some new information casually appeared on the news page of Epic’s ridiculously popular free-to-play game.

It was only ten words in length, but that was all that was needed to get everyone talking about its implications; “Jetpack (coming soon): Take the fight to all new heights.”

So, yes, you’ll basically be able to fly in Fortnite Battle Royale by next week, as an official jetpack is being added to its multiplayer deathmatches. But what kind of wondrous hovercraft can we expect from Epic?

Will it be a legendary item that can only be found in chests and equipped for one-time use, like the bush camo? Or maybe it’ll be more common, and everyone will soon be zooming around Tilted Towers like a bunch of Boba Fetts.

One thing’s for sure; it won’t be a purchasable microtransaction, as Epic has committed to keeping those items purely cosmetic for the sake of Fortnite’s gameplay balance. If it was a purchasable advantage, there would be riots.
Read on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #3
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

I really hope jetpacks are available for any and all at any time, otherwise you'e got a serious balance issue.

Then again, if the jetpack is slow and cumbersome, it might be a hindrance.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:07 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

What is “slow and cumbersome” is this entire game mode. I have no idea how anyone gets any enjoyment out of wandering around for 10 minutes only to get into a little 1v1 circle jerk only to wander around for 10 more minutes to do it again.

Battle Royale is a shit game mode for people with no skill who don’t really care if they spend the entire match playing or just wandering around.

I have a feeling Epic is going to really regret the time and effort they are putting into this mode next year when this crap mode finally dies off and they realize they didn’t put any effort into the single player mode or to any other multiplayer modes.

You would think they would have learned a lesson about chasing after trends when Paragon bombed, but no.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:38 AM   #5
Exodus
Evil Dead

I'm already off the wagon for a few months now. It's fun at first but all we have now is just a me too wave of games with the same shit. Some trying something different like escape from tarkov and hunt but it just isn't enough to differentiate.

PubG is simply a fat fish waiting to have its player base stolen by an actual triple A studio coming in and doing it proper. Yes, epic is sort of like that but all they did was shoehorn the game they already had into BR boots. Better overall than pubg but ultimately it shows the base game wasn't really made for it on a hardcore level.

I loathe to say it but I wouldn't mind if activision or EA(dice) did this. Hell at least the people who made CoD realized since MW2 that people got bored of just running around shooting each other and introduced kill streak abilities, gadgets and I enjoyed MW2's level/grinding system. The battlefield engine just seems more suitable if they can fix network performance. If either of those two made a BR I could just see the pubg/fortnite bubble burst and I'm not a fan of either mind you it's just...it's just not mechanically enjoyable for me as a hardcore shooter gamer. It's fluff as fuck. I feel like I'm playing a goddamn kids game like a roblox mod or some shit.

I dunno I'm not a streamer game follower so I'll just watch all these what do you even call this? A player base that is built on a bunch of fan kids following streamers around on whatever 'the next big thing'? Groupies? It'll just be fun to see the bubble deflate. It'll be like when gamestop realized that steam was kind of a big deal. I'm just looking forward to some lil ol co-op farcry 5 blowing up america.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #6
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
What is “slow and cumbersome” is this entire game mode. I have no idea how anyone gets any enjoyment out of wandering around for 10 minutes only to get into a little 1v1 circle jerk only to wander around for 10 more minutes to do it again.

Battle Royale is a shit game mode for people with no skill who don’t really care if they spend the entire match playing or just wandering around.

I have a feeling Epic is going to really regret the time and effort they are putting into this mode next year when this crap mode finally dies off and they realize they didn’t put any effort into the single player mode or to any other multiplayer modes.

You would think they would have learned a lesson about chasing after trends when Paragon bombed, but no.

Yeah, I played for a few rounds only. Literally 3. Haven't been back, but my son plays the game likes its the next coming of CoD or Counter-Strike.

I don't get it either. It's slow, mostly barren of player interaction and you don't get to "play" all that much in a single round.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #7
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

The analogy of this game mode's progression is that PUBG is Ultima Online, Fortnite is Everquest, and we have yet to see World of Warcraft, but when it does -- look out.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #8
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
The analogy of this game mode's progression is that PUBG is Ultima Online, Fortnite is Everquest, and we have yet to see World of Warcraft, but when it does -- look out.

Would not surprise me if Blizzard makes it too.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:30 PM   #9
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I guess that makes H1Z1 Merdian 59 and the ARMA mod DIKU MUD.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #10
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Spot on sir. Spot on.

Tags
epic games, fortnite