Last post by Booda
Yesterday 11:38 PM
14 Replies, 918 Views

Old 07-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Sea of Solitude Video Game Soundtrack Available Now

Quote:
Sony Music announces the release of SEA OF SOLITUDE (ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK) with music by GUY JACKSON. Sea of Solitude is a videogame that takes players on a personal journey of loneliness, experienced through the mind of a young woman named Kay. Available now<https://soundtracks.lnk.to/SeaOfSolitude>, the soundtrack features music from the highly anticipated, beautiful, yet haunting game. Sea of Solitude is available on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC from July 5, 2019.

Guy Jackson commented, "SEA OF SOLITUDE is founded on a strong creative vision and music was an integral part of that from the start. As Kay's emotional journey grew, so did my response through the soundtrack. They feed each other. For the album I felt the music had even more scope to grow, and the pieces developed organically to express shared human emotions that I hope will find a resonance with listeners everywhere."
Official Website

Trailer

Download or Listen Here.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

SEA OF SOLITUDE (ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK)

TRACKLIST

1. Discover the Past

2. Leave Me Alone

3. Sunny's Theme

4. I Picture You Before Me (instrumental)

5. Through the Dark Matrix

6. Kay's Theme

7. Overcome with Emotion

8. Engulfed by the Monster

9. The Onward Journey

10. Octopus Theme

11. My Floating Sanctuary

12. Lonely Dark Shadows

13. Battaglia

14. Ascension

15. Cold on the Outside

16. Battaglia - Lento Cortese

17. Braving the Cold

18. I Picture You Before Me

19. The Darker Side

20. What If?

ABOUT GUY JACKSON

Based in North London, Guy Jackson is a composer who specializes in highly crafted layered musical compositions, amalgamating acoustic and electronic sounds while encompassing both classical and ambient genres.

His work is perfectly suited to the silver screen, enhancing and supporting the mood and tone of a broad variety of visual content.

Guy is the resident composer and sound designer for Berlin based online game creators, Jo-Mei Games. He scored and produced the sound effects for titles such as Koyotl, Who Let the Pets Out? and Monkey Bay. Another of the titles that benefited from the Guy Jackson treatment, Brave Little Beasties (published 2013), was rated 10/10 for sound by Browsergame-magazin.de - proof, if ever there was any doubt, that a Guy Jackson score will enhance your visual creative and your target market or audience's experience.

In association with his long-term collaborator, pedal steel guitarist BJ Cole, Guy produced two CDs with the critically acclaimed Transparent Music project, which features musicians such as the legendary Davy Spillane, trumpeter Arve Henriksen, bassist Mo Foster and slide guitarist Michael Messer.

ABOUT JO-MEI

Cornelia Geppert and Boris Munser founded Jo-Mei in November 2009. Together, the two founders have been working as a team in the games industry for more than 11 years. Since its inception, Jo-Mei Games started developing projects of various sizes for clients such as Ubisoft, BMW, Volkswagen, Gazprom and German Telekom.

Sea of Solitude is their first original game project, published by Electronic Arts, as part of the EA Originals program. EA Originals helps shine a light on some of the most passionate, independent, and talented game studios across the globe.

Sea of Solitude is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and will be launching worldwide on July 5, 2019 for $19.99 on PlayStation(r)4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC via Origin(tm). For more information on Sea of Solitude, head to www.seaofsolitude.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:50 AM   #3
Scherge
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
He scored and produced the sound effects for titles such as Koyotl, Who Let the Pets Out? and Monkey Bay.
Wow, those sure are some amazing references to get me to pay 11 or so euros for a soundtrack to a game I'll never play.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:35 PM   #4
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

The game is already getting sub-par reviews. It's another entry in the "depression genre". Why people make games about depression I have no idea. I thought you played games to get away from depression, not to be immersed in it.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:31 PM   #5
LostToys
Evil Dead

They make the games because they get good press. Websites will "apologize" for not liking it (Kotaku) or go out of their way to express how amazing it is even if it is heavily flawed as a game (Polygon).
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sea of solitude