Yesterday 07:11 PM
10 Replies, 650 Views

Old 02-15-2018, 04:38 AM   #21
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
So crazy! Absolutely impossibru!

I mean, it's almost as ridiculous as American journalists celebrating the 'gold medal win' of a propaganda minister from a communist totalitarian state responsible for the terrible death of millions of its own citizens!

Naaaaaah. The press can't have a bias. There's no groupthink. Gotta accept what they spew as tablets from heaven.

I didn't say the press can't have a bias, though. I clarified that twice, and said if I implied that somehow to you, I didn't mean to. I said there's no evidence of a "switch bias".

I could say the video games journalists have a bias against the propaganda minister from a communist totalitarian state responsible for terrible deaths of millions of it's own citizens. My rationale for coming to this conclusion is because the journalists are capable of strong biases or agendas. That would be absurd without proof. The fact that journalists are capable of an industry wide bias doesn't make every possible bias true. Or every single possible bias plausible without proof. Just because the industry is capable of a bias or agenda doesn't mean they have an agenda against Ratchet and Clank, Human Head Studios, or the GTX 1080i Ti.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 02-15-2018 at 05:06 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:53 AM   #22
shadow763
Lord of Woe

These are not remakes. They are just tidied up versions of the originals. Basically the same but look better. Kind of like the PC version of Bayonetta. The new version of Shadow of the Colossus is a legitimate remake and should be scored accordingly. Gamespot did give the Wii U version a 10, so I guess another 10 isn't too far fetched.

I do think some people on this site get a bit whipped up about their platforms of choice to where they tend to feel "attacked" when that is not actually the case. I can't believe the discussions are still happening on here about that stuff. Not calling anyone out, it is just tiresome at this point.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:23 AM   #23
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
If the second game was on other platforms it would have sold more and let them make more money being able to hit the audience that actually plays similar games. Who the hell buys a switch to play games similar to bayonetta? None any game similar to bayonetta is on every other platform except the switch. Whatever they needed the money I guess considering the rush job poor job on korra and transformers was great but I guess when you get right down to it it's a niche audience that enjoys their style of game mechanics.
Bayonetta 2 only existed because of Nintendo; without them stepping in, the sequel would have never been released.

The first one was well-received but didn't sell well enough for anyone to really take the risk on a sequel. Nintendo came around and decided to publish the game after it was shelved by Sega.

Quote:
Ain't interested in buying a switch just for bayonetta 2 even if I did love 1 considering there are no other games like bayonetta in the switch line up.
I guess Bayonetta 3 doesn't count.

Quote:
Also, BoTW and oddysey are over overhyped.
This is sort of irrelevant, but I'd actually agree to an extent.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 02-15-2018 at 06:51 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #24
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I said there's no evidence of a "switch bias".
There is evidence of a bias...and of an echo chamber.

The review scores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #25
blackzc
Evil Dead

What am i missing with these games? I didnt like them on WiiU. I wanted to, i just didnt.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #26
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

I didn't play the Uncharted series until 4 came out, and I decided to pick up the Remaster of 1-3 and go through those before playing 4. Doing this is required to have the full impact of Uncharted 4!

Before then I didn't do remasters. But I saw the value in someone who didn't play a game series that's still active and wanting to play the older titles for whatever reason. I could see myself playing a Bayonetta remaster.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #27
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Bayonetta 2 only existed because of Nintendo; without them stepping in, the sequel would have never been released.

The first one was well-received but didn't sell well enough for anyone to really take the risk on a sequel. Nintendo came around and decided to publish the game after it was shelved by Sega.

I guess Bayonetta 3 doesn't count.

This is sort of irrelevant, but I'd actually agree to an extent.
I know and what you say is obvious. It's a lament that's been argued for quite some time with any exclusive on a console that I don't particularly care to invest in. Oh I have a switch. I have BoTW, I have Odyssey. BoTW offers something that I just can't get into. Oh it might be a great game but I got far more invested into horizon zero dawn more readily. Odyssey is...well so what? I loved mario 64 as much as anyone and they have these clever ideas of puzzling and the hat mechanic but so what? Bop a boss 3x and go collect more coins and stars.

I just don't care. The switch library is not my cup of tea so far. When Bayo 3 comes out I might just pick up 2 before it so I can go into 3 caught up and my switch will make its place in on my gaming shelf somewhat worth the slot it occupies but i mean 3 games from the same bloody series is the only reason I have that console?

I mean hell ff7 was coming out that sold me a sony playstation no question I had no doubt it was a smart buy and my god parappa the rapper solidifed that choice but jeesh do I feel like such a goddamn consumer whore for buying a switch and not enjoying what is lauded to have the best games of 2017. Meh.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:54 AM   #28
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
but jeesh do I feel like such a goddamn consumer whore for buying a switch and not enjoying what is lauded to have the best games of 2017. Meh.
It happens. I don't like very many of the "AAA" games anymore. With a few notable exceptions. A lot of them feel generic in the gameplay department to me. High on cinematics and production value, generic on the actual gameplay mechanics, so I don't exactly get into what the rest of the gaming community calls a "great game" all the time.

Once in a while, I'll admit, I get sucked into the hype and buy one brand new at $60, then regret it in less than a week and get that same feeling. Just happened with Destiny 2 actually. Wasn't that a stark reminder of why I started to drop off from the "AAA" experience. Overall it was OKAY but I've gotten more overall value (fun) out of $20 Steam games.

But seriously, if you even remotely liked Bayonetta 1, I think you'll really enjoy Bayonetta 2. The gameplay is outstanding. It is legitimately a fun game. Maybe your Switch won't ultimately be a Bayonetta machine either. It has been out for less than a year. I think we'll see more non-Nintendo IP exclusive to the console.

I don't know what your taste in games is, but I hear Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is very good. Square Enix also has the exclusive "Project Octopath Traveler" coming, which looks really promising if you like older-school JRPGs like Final Fantasy 6. Depending on the direction Metroid Prime 4 goes (they likely are going to break away from the lock on control mechanism if that didn't appeal to you in the previous Prime games) you might end out liking that. The rest is "wait and see". But the sales momentum is promising enough to believe that the Switch will being seeing more quality exclusives. Hopefully.

Nintendo IP isn't for everyone, and that's ultimately going to be the biggest chunk of what you're going to get with a Nintendo console, but if early sales numbers are an indicator, I think the Switch will see a lot more 3rd party exclusives than the maligned Wii-U ever saw.

I'm personally waiting for the announce of an Eternal Darkness sequel. I know it's coming.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Old 02-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #29
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
It happens. I don't like very many of the "AAA" games anymore. With a few notable exceptions. A lot of them feel generic in the gameplay department to me. High on cinematics and production value, generic on the actual gameplay mechanics, so I don't exactly get into what the rest of the gaming community calls a "great game" all the time.

Once in a while, I'll admit, I get sucked into the hype and buy one brand new at $60, then regret it in less than a week and get that same feeling. Just happened with Destiny 2 actually. Wasn't that a stark reminder of why I started to drop off from the "AAA" experience. Overall it was OKAY but I've gotten more overall value (fun) out of $20 Steam games.

But seriously, if you even remotely liked Bayonetta 1, I think you'll really enjoy Bayonetta 2. The gameplay is outstanding. It is legitimately a fun game. Maybe your Switch won't ultimately be a Bayonetta machine either. It has been out for less than a year. I think we'll see more non-Nintendo IP exclusive to the console.

I don't know what your taste in games is, but I hear Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is very good. Square Enix also has the exclusive "Project Octopath Traveler" coming, which looks really promising if you like older-school JRPGs like Final Fantasy 6. Depending on the direction Metroid Prime 4 goes (they likely are going to break away from the lock on control mechanism if that didn't appeal to you in the previous Prime games) you might end out liking that. The rest is "wait and see". But the sales momentum is promising enough to believe that the Switch will being seeing more quality exclusives. Hopefully.

Nintendo IP isn't for everyone, and that's ultimately going to be the biggest chunk of what you're going to get with a Nintendo console, but if early sales numbers are an indicator, I think the Switch will see a lot more 3rd party exclusives than the maligned Wii-U ever saw.

I'm personally waiting for the announce of an Eternal Darkness sequel. I know it's coming.
Ehh, I dunno the only reason my wii had any life was because I mod'd it after 2yrs of it just sitting there. The wii-u lasted 2-4 intermittent months with wonder and picman giving it some life, bayo 2 came out and I totally forgot because of whatever other game I was into. The switch well it's the 3rd time right? Shame on me but I bought into the hype but this is literally the basic bitch shit of video games with a buncha fucking wagon hoppers because the fuck do these casuals know about video games. It's for old fucks who couldn't keep up and are just reliving old days rebooted over and over and over again like a blind man going to the last hooker he went to before he lost his eye sight.

I doubt nintendo's line up is ever going to meet what I need out of a console but hell that's why I PC game. At least, to me the sony exclusives utlimately justify it. This nintendo shit is akin to someone who listens to the same music playlist they made back in highschool. Shoot me now.

"Yah I play video games?"
"Oh yah what have you played?"
"World of Warcraft"
"anything else?"
"no....."
Old 02-16-2018, 05:32 PM   #30
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Shame on me but I bought into the hype but this is literally the basic bitch shit of video games with a buncha fucking wagon hoppers because the fuck do these casuals know about video games.
Quote:
It's [the Switch] for old fucks who couldn't keep up and are just reliving old days rebooted over and over and over again like a blind man going to the last hooker he went to before he lost his eye sight.
Quote:
At least, to me the sony exclusives utlimately justify it. This nintendo shit is akin to someone who listens to the same music playlist they made back in highschool. Shoot me now.

"Yah I play video games?"
"Oh yah what have you played?"
"World of Warcraft"
"anything else?"
"no....."
I wasn't expecting a really well thought out reply. I'm glad I was wrong. All really, really great points. I totally agree.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #31
TafJaf
Dread Lord

Can we agree for those who didn't get the WiiU versions but ended up picking a Switch (like myself) is a good buy?
TafJaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:40 PM   #32
LostToys
Evil Dead

Yes. If you have never played the game, you should pick it up. If you bought it already on the WiiU, then based on the reviews, it is the same exact game, so unless you absolutely need to play the game again on the go, wait for a discount or something.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:30 AM   #33
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Yes. If you have never played the game, you should pick it up. If you bought it already on the WiiU, then based on the reviews, it is the same exact game, so unless you absolutely need to play the game again on the go, wait for a discount or something.
I'd say the same thing LostToys said. If you haven't played it at all yet and you have a Switch, it's a great game.

If you've already played it, it's identical in almost every way to the Wii U, so you aren't getting anything new from a gameplay standpoint.

The only difference is frame rate. The game targets 60fps for the Wii U, but often dipped to 40s in intense scenes. As for the Switch version, in handheld mode it will still dip a little, but usually only to 50. In docked mode it will almost always stay at 58-60. So handheld mode, then docked mode offer incremental improvements on the framerate.

So they improved the framerate, but that's just about it.

Tags
bayonetta 2, nintendo switch, platinum games