Last post by Azrael
Today 04:44 AM
8 Replies, 689 Views

Old 12-04-2018, 07:10 AM   #21
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I also went up north and captured the white stallion, though I doubt it will last long since the Lemoyne Raiders keep popping up randomly and killing me and my horse. Iíve been trying to keep my bounty paid off, but if you follow the main quests itís impossible since Dutch always gets you into some robbery and even with a mask on, your bounty still goes up.

I honestly think the mask thing is bugged. I tried robbing a train and a stagecoach with a mask on and both times they identified me and it added a bounty. You shouldnít get a bounty on your head if they canít identify you.
In this case, your clothing and your horse matter.

When you commit crimes, your appearance is essentially "logged" by the game. If you continue to wear the same clothes and use the same horse after being repeatedly identified, it'll be easier to identify you even with a mask because people will "recognize" you.

It's even in the guide:

Change your appearance up from time to time and you'll probably have an easier time.

Quote:
I also killed some random dude way up in the mountains and there was no one around anywhere and after I left the area all the sudden there was a witness and they identified me and added a bounty. Whatís the point in trying to hide your kills if they are just going to be found even after you leave the area?
How much did you spend lingering around?

If someone stumbles upon a dead body, they'll often try to report it; they may not have been around when you killed the person, but it's possible for them to still find it and report it.

Here's a handy flowchart that breaks down the basics of the Wanted system.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #22
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Does anyone else think it seems a bit short? I put in about a day and i'm already 25% complete. I'm assuming they want to funnel the players into the monetized online side of the game.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:59 PM   #23
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
Does anyone else think it seems a bit short? I put in about a day and i'm already 25% complete. I'm assuming they want to funnel the players into the monetized online side of the game.
It says that because you have finished certain chapters, but if you keep doing Stranger Quests and you spend any time at all wandering around doing hunting or looking for treasures the game is long. I probably have more than 40 hours into it at this point.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #24
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Thanks, Chimp. I hardly ever change my outfit, I'll start putting together like 3 different outfits and switch them up.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #25
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

This game is so much fun, so many twists thrown in the story so far, and alot of the "strangers" quests are either hilarious or just different. Really really having a ton of fun with it and haven't even glanced at the online component.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
red dead redemption 2