Last post by RAV
Today 01:40 AM
3 Replies, 199 Views

Old 12-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Metro Exodus goes gold, release date moved up to February 15, 2019

Quote:
Metro Exodus has gone Gold and will now release a week early on 15 February 2019

Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce that, after five years of development, Metro Exodus has gone Gold and will release a week earlier than anticipated. The spectacular third entry in the critically acclaimed Metro saga will now release on February 15th 2019, on Xbox One, the all-in one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and PC.

“Our fans have been waiting patiently for Metro Exodus ever since we announced the title at E3 2017,” said Klemens Kundratitz, CEO at Deep Silver. “We had previously delayed the release date to ensure 4A Games had the time to deliver their ambitious vision for the game, but now we’re delighted to confirm that Metro Exodus has ‘gone gold’ and we are able to bring the release date forward to the 15th February 2019.”

To celebrate this news, Deep Silver are proud to reveal the spectacular Title Sequence for Metro Exodus.

Created by Santa Monica based studio, Elastic, the award winning makers of some of the most iconic title sequences of recent years including Game of Thrones and Westworld, this beautiful introduction to the game is set to an original score by Metro series composer Alexey Omelchuk.

“We were absolutely thrilled to be contacted by the team at Deep Silver and 4A Games to create this Main Title Sequence,” said Andy Hall, Creative Director at Elastic. “It’s the type of project we love. Once we had been immersed in the game, we essentially lived in this frozen and terrifying landscape for many, many weeks...we are delighted with the final film.”

Metro fans can look forward to brand new gameplay reveals in 2019 with the upcoming Story Trailer. Be the first to hear about the latest updates by registering at MetroTheGame.com, following us on Twitter and Instagram @MetroVideoGame or on Facebook at Facebook.com/MetroVideoGame.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Playing through Last Light while reading the novel I'm really looking forward to this. There aren't many good challenging fairly straightforward singleplayer shooters anymore. And few successful games in general based on an established book series. In related news the proposed Metro 2033 movie was just canceled because they wanted to "Americanise" it too much. The hack writer MGM hired actually changed the location to Washington DC. The Metro series is all about Russian down to its core. Ignoring it would be as ridiculous as an adaptation of The Witcher series ignoring its Polish roots...oh...eh
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
timmyd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Playing through Last Light while reading the novel I'm really looking forward to this. There aren't many good challenging fairly straightforward singleplayer shooters anymore. And few successful games in general based on an established book series. In related news the proposed Metro 2033 movie was just canceled because they wanted to "Americanise" it too much. The hack writer MGM hired actually changed the location to Washington DC. The Metro series is all about Russian down to its core. Ignoring it would be as ridiculous as an adaptation of The Witcher series ignoring its Polish roots...oh...eh
I heard they were going to cast Matt Damon, leading to suspicions of "Bourne 2033" but the fact you can't see a pucker face in a gasmask put an end to that.

Hollywood ruins everything. And since Harvey Weinstein is in jail there's nobody to do the um, casting test.
timmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:08 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd View Post
Hollywood ruins everything. And since Harvey Weinstein is in jail there's nobody to do the um, casting test.
Well, if you are under age 12, they can always get James Gunn to do the casting couch test.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #6
Meusli
Subscriber

Can't wait for this, one of the few shooters worth playing atm.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #7
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

I have really enjoyed this series, and plan to buy this one. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:12 AM   #8
alienchild
Subscriber

This is a title worth getting. Holy shit it looks good... If it plays even half as good as Last Light it will be a rare fun treat. With Resident Evil 2 releasing less than a month before Exodus this is looking to be one hell of a start to 2019!
alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:44 AM   #9
Azrael
Evil Dead

Loved the first 2 and looking forward to this. Will probably try and play this one around release
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro exodus