Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
It's Sunday: What NFL...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 05:19 AM
9 Replies, 565 Views
Text Highlighting
Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 11:30 PM
7 Replies, 488 Views
Luke Cage TKO'd
Last post by Azrael
Yesterday 09:43 PM
13 Replies, 1,010 Views
Digital Foundry - Intel...
Last post by LostToys
Yesterday 06:45 PM
15 Replies, 999 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Transylmania
Yesterday 01:29 AM
6 Replies, 651 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by brandonjclark
10-20-2018 08:38 PM
15 Replies, 729 Views
Red Dead Redemption 2...
Last post by LostToys
10-20-2018 06:14 PM
20 Replies, 1,191 Views
Developer Splash Damage...
Last post by EL CABONG
10-20-2018 04:22 PM
1 Replies, 605 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,034
Blog Entries: 20
Destiny 2 Gambit's Free Weekend


Quote:
With the base Destiny 2 free for PS Plus members through the month of September, Bungie is determined to sell newcomers on Forsaken -- and that means giving players a taste of what they're missing. The developer is making Forsaken's Gambit multiplayer mode available to everyone between September 21st and September 23rd. It might be worth a look, especially if you're not usually fond of human-versus-human combat.

Gambit is a hybrid mode that has two four-player teams racing to kill AI enemies as quickly as possible to fill an energy bank. When that bank tops up, you can summon a powerful Taken creature and assault the enemy team with a major advantage on your side. Moreover, you can throw a monkey wrench into your opponents' plans by sending one player to attack rivals once you've reached certain in-between milestones. You can have the thrill of competition without having to master the human-on-human combat skills that dictate the Crucible.
engadget.com

Fun mode and you need pistol kills in Gambit to unlock the Ace of Spades.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Fun mode and you need pistol kills in Gambit to unlock the Ace of Spades.
I don't like how they are locking things behind PvP. I would much rather play the game my way, not the way they want me to. I really suck at PvP, so much so that I hate doing it. But I have to in order to use one of my pre-order bonuses, I have to? What are they thinking? Why don't they provide a non-PvP way of getting it as well?
__________________
The last time someone slipped viagra in my drink, I found out the hard way.
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
I don't like how they are locking things behind PvP. I would much rather play the game my way, not the way they want me to. I really suck at PvP, so much so that I hate doing it. But I have to in order to use one of my pre-order bonuses, I have to? What are they thinking? Why don't they provide a non-PvP way of getting it as well?



This Gambit is not really PvP. It's PvE, but there is another team fighting their own PvE and you are measured against their performance.


I actually really like this mode.
__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rebel Galaxy
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:55 AM   #4
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
This Gambit is not really PvP. It's PvE, but there is another team fighting their own PvE and you are measured against their performance.
Gambit does have PvP in that teams can invade each others instances. The original requirement for the Ace Of Spades required you to kill these invading players. Some people were organizing teams to go against each other and cheese these, so they have since relaxed that to killing a percentage of mobs/players. However, the NEXT step after that is to get precision kills (with a specific weapon type) in Crucible, which is pure PvP. I can barely get kills at all in Crucible I suck so bad at it. It takes me 3-4 games just to get 10 kills (precision or not). I know this because I took the "get 10 kills in Crucible" bounty (or something like it) once and it took forever. Now, in order to get the signature weapon for this expansion (and be able to use part of my pre-order bonus), they are forcing me to grind something I hate with a passion?

This is terrible game design.
__________________
The last time someone slipped viagra in my drink, I found out the hard way.
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 33,034
Blog Entries: 20
I get what you are saying, but it isn't really that hard to get kills in Crucible. Just play the big team battles and in the Domination mode you can always gank someone who is stuck trying to capture a flag.

If you play the straight Deathmatch mode, skill does become a big issue in getting kills, but it's not hard at all in Domination. I suck at Deathmatch and I get tons of kills in the Crucible... because I don't play the straight Deathmatch mode.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #6
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
The original requirement for the Ace Of Spades required you to kill these invading players. Some people were organizing teams to go against each other and cheese these, so they have since relaxed that to killing a percentage of mobs/players. However, the NEXT step after that is to get precision kills (with a specific weapon type) in Crucible, which is pure PvP. I can barely get kills at all in Crucible I suck so bad at it. It takes me 3-4 games just to get 10 kills (precision or not). I know this because I took the "get 10 kills in Crucible" bounty (or something like it) once and it took forever. Now, in order to get the signature weapon for this expansion (and be able to use part of my pre-order bonus), they are forcing me to grind something I hate with a passion?

This is terrible game design.
Think that's rough? You should have given this bounty a go back in the day.

Absolutely worth it though. The Thorn crushed ass in PvP prior to The Taken King releasing.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
destiny 2

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 AM.