2 Replies, 367 Views
Strategy Shooter Void...
Last post by gunbust3r
Today 08:29 AM
4 Replies, 456 Views

Old 08-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Agents of Mayhem Reviews "more of a kick laughing at it, rather than with, but..."

Game Informer - 8.0/10

Quote:
Agents of Mayhem is cheesy, rarely funny, and generally ridiculous, but I was eager to play for long periods of time. The action is frenetic and fun, with room for strategy using all the characters’ assorted abilities. Even if Seoul ends up being a bland backdrop, I enjoyed being in the world and causing explosions in at every opportunity.
GamesRadar - 4/5

Quote:
Variety is something that Agents of Mayhem otherwise has in abundance, thankfully. Whether you're in the mood for action-packed battles on crowded concert stages, upgrading your agents and home base, or going for some breezy, triple-jumping platforming between skyscrapers, new fun is never far off. Then you can return to base, slot in a different trio of heroes, and drop back into Seoul with an all-new team. Mayhem is flawed, but it's also a strong start for an enjoyable and funny series. Would it be presumptuous to say I'm ready for season two?
IGN - 7.1/10

Quote:
Agents of Mayhem does a good job paying homage to the cartoon and live-action TV heroes of the 80s and 90s, and revels in the absurd tropes and idiosyncrasies of those inspirations. A broad and goofy arsenal of unique weapons and gadgets and the ability to switch characters on the fly to access complementary abilities offers some solid combat and good mindless fun, but due to some unpolished writing and repetitive environments and enemy types, it doesn't fully live up to its heroic potential.
Destructoid - 7/10

Quote:
But despite these technical flaws, I still had a really fun time messing around with the agents. Enjoying Agents of Mayhem is sort of like watching a cartoon you used to love without the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia or the naivete of youth. You'll get more of a kick laughing at it, rather than with, but there's a smile on your face either way.
GameSpot - 4/10

Quote:
Personality can only take a broken and repetitive game so far. The attitude behind Agents of Mayhem has potential, at least if it's executed properly. But there's little to Agents of Mayhem beyond its foul-mouthed and bombastic attitude, which push the game into grating and obnoxious territory. Throw in the poor mission design and bugs, and you've got a game with loads of mayhem, but not much else.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Go Gamespot! One wonders if they are the voice of truth while the others reviews were... prompted in some way or if they are just being edgy. I guess we'll have to wait till the Polygon or Kotaku review for the real story.

Whatever they say is probably opposite of the truth.

Having seen the trailer I have to agree with the Gamespot obnoxious comment. The trailer itself annoyed me enough to knock this one out of "add to wishlist" territory. I feel sorry for 'em if it's the same thing over and over in the game.
vallor is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
agents of mayhem, deep silver, deep silver volition, volition