22 Replies, 2,793 Views
Free game on GOG:...
Last post by AlfredT
Yesterday 10:31 PM
0 Replies, 247 Views

Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #21
wasteoid
Death Knight

Today actors can continue voice acting well past their ability to do physical acting; seems like they would be more interested in having virtual versions of themselves created in 3D, so they could continue to "act" and appear in their prime forever. Like we see with the virtual Arnold in the last Terminator movie. Even after they die, someone could mimic their voice, or if we have the tech by then, simulate their voice, as will be done with visuals.
wasteoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #22
drakkarim
Evil Dead

Location: in a van under the I-80 bridge, down by the missouri river
all well and good, but still gonna wait for the 3 pack, in 3 or 4 years.
drakkarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:33 AM   #23
meezookeewee
Squire

Personally, I'm okay with extended cuts, as long as they add something substantial to the movie, or add a subplot that can actually change the movie, like in Kingdom of Heaven. Sometimes an extended cut doesn't need to do that, but it can give us more in terms of character development and more action, like Terminator 2. I don't tolerate the "director's cuts" that are only one or two minutes longer than the theatrical version. That's just horseshit. I enjoyed the Extended Versions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I refuse to buy the other two extended versions for The Hobbit, because the extended cut for the first movie was mostly pointless. As far as Star Wars is concerned, I'm okay with SOME of the changes that were made to the Original Trilogy, but not all. I'm curious about the deleted scenes for Episode VII, though. Can't wait.

As for JazGalaxy's that people might get sick of Star Wars? He does have a point. The fact that we will be getting one a year could be off-putting to some. Personally, I don't mind. I'm a huge damn fan of Star Wars, and I don't think I'LL ever get sick of it, but I do hope they give the main episodes a break after IX comes out. Now, if EA would just hire a company to do another Jedi Knight game using the Frostbite Engine, that would be fucking awesome.
meezookeewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:48 AM   #24
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by meezookeewee View Post
Personally, I'm okay with extended cuts, as long as they add something substantial to the movie, or add a subplot that can actually change the movie, like in Kingdom of Heaven.
I don't care for that, personally. I'm a fan of an old Brad Pitt/Jennifer Roberts film called The Mexican. It's a great movie, but the special features actually change some characters motivations entirely by showing scenes that either hematite them or villianize them. It leaves the viewer not knowing what is "true" and what isn't.

Contrast that with Star Wars, though, and I change my mind a little bit. You can watch a bunch of expanded scenes of Empire on Youtube (and I suppose the Blue Rays) and it really adds a lot of characterization. Leia, specifically, gets some great scenes that make her more than just the acerbic person she is through most of the film.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:54 AM   #25
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
In 15 years CGI will be so good that you can't tell it isn't real life any more and there will be a LOT of actors out of work as a result. People like Andy Serkis who do motion capture and voice work will be the big stars of the future.
I would think this, but just look at the current video game industry. How many games are throwing in actors faces for absolutely no reason? Norman Reedus, Kevin Spacey, Nathan Fillion...

For some reason, people WANT to see real people in fiction. And not just real people, celebrities. I have no idea why.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars, the force awakens