7 Replies, 481 Views
Gov overreach.
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 12:35 PM
163 Replies, 4,115 Views

Old 09-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #21
Codicier
Shy so Werious?

I want to get this for the PC but are they releasing a demo first?

I want to know if my machine can handle it. I have a 4850 and 3GB of RAM, but I've also only got a single core 3.0Ghz Processor. Well technically it's two logical cpus but that has never made much of a difference as far as I can tell.

Edit: For the record, I'm able to run Crysis and Crysis Warhead acceptably at 1440x900 with Objects, Shaders, Textures, and Water set to High and all others at Medium (or Gamer and Mainstream if it's Warhead )

Actually on a side note, if anyone knows of a way you can install a new motherboard and cpu while still keeping the same XP installation then please share. I've got a ton of stuff configured just the way I want it on this PC, but unfortunately the motherboard doesn't support multi-core cpus. If there were a way to keep everything the same but swap in a better one that might be something I'd try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent View Post
I've lived many days in my life and if there is one thing I can die happy knowing is just how good a proper dick slapping can be.
Codicier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 AM   #22
axion

In the PC Gamer review article they said they are releasing a tool prior to the game that will let you gauge your system to judge what kind of FPS you'll be looking at.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #23
Phades
Non-Mod

Great writeup, I really enjoyed it. I was interested in this game before, now I'm going to pick it up day one. Sounds like Ubisofts preview even is accomplishing what was intended and drumming up a lot more interest.
Phades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #24
Phanto
M cago en tu madre y que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackZero View Post
Oh, one thing that came back to me just now, they said they coded for the multi-core up to quad. I asked them that in particular since I've got a quad core and wanted to see if they actually used all four instead of just two. Good news for me!
After the game is released it will be interesting to see if the Quad support is used correctly, I remember that before Crysis was released they said that the game was going to run better/best on a Quad-core and or 64bit OS, and both things performed as the same or worse than Dual-core and 32bit.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #25
Pluvious
Evil Dead

SOLD!.. I was pretty much sold already..but after reading that preview.. I'm getting it DAY ONE. Might even get it for both PC and 360!!
Pluvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #26
DiBiddilyBop
Elitist prick

This has been taunting me from my steam games list for weeks now...

"Not yet released"

Soon I'll get my hands on it... soon.
DiBiddilyBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #27
Grifter

Thanks Track, great write-up.

Can you give us any impressions on the differences between the 360 version and the PC version. I'll most likely end up getting them both at some point I'm just not sure which version I'll be grabbing on day one.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #28
TrackZero
秘密のプロジェクト

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
Can you give us any impressions on the differences between the 360 version and the PC version. I'll most likely end up getting them both at some point I'm just not sure which version I'll be grabbing on day one.
Um....one's on the PC and one's on the 360? Really nothing much to speak of, obviously on the PC you can set different resolutions (most likely a little bit higher) and crank out some more quality settings (though in my experience, they were identical pretty much). I think the frame rate on the PC may have been higher by a bit, that's all I can recall.
TrackZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #29
fps fanatic
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackZero View Post
Um....one's on the PC and one's on the 360? Really nothing much to speak of, obviously on the PC you can set different resolutions (most likely a little bit higher) and crank out some more quality settings (though in my experience, they were identical pretty much). I think the frame rate on the PC may have been higher by a bit, that's all I can recall.
How about the PS3 version? How did that look? That's the one I'll be picking up. The game sounds great but I'd like to know that the PS3 version looks and runs the same...
fps fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #30
target_render
Peon

i'd also like some impressions of the PS3 version. did it look as good as the 360? I'm nervous.
target_render is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #31
fps fanatic
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by target_render View Post
i'd also like some impressions of the PS3 version. did it look as good as the 360? I'm nervous.
The life of a PS3 owner, huh? I'm with you. I can most def relate to being excited about games coming to the triple the same time as PC/360 versions,only to be disappointed with Sony's version. Doesn't help also that if you're not getting the PC version most of the time it's assumed you're getting the 360 version. Not everyone has a 360...
Old 10-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #32
fps fanatic
Knight

Still no answer....
Old 10-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #33
Exodus
Evil Dead

I'm getting the pc version for sure, thanks for the info tz this helps a lot and should be fun.