Weekend Couch Potato -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 06:22 PM
4 Replies, 220 Views

Old 11-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Paradox and Obsidian Unleash Tyranny Worldwide, Launch Trailer #Tyranny

Click on the Headline for the Press Release and Trailer.

Quote:
Paradox Interactive today released Tyranny, a brand-new role-playing game (RPG) from Obsidian Entertainment, for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs. Tyranny, designed and developed by the award-winning studio behind both modern and classic RPG hits including Pillars of Eternity, Fallout: New Vegas, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, is now available via digital retail outlets worldwide. The game places players within a world where a brutal clash between good and evil has taken place and evil has emerged triumphant. Players will take on the role of a high-ranking officer in the armies of Kyros the Overlord, make world-altering, morally difficult decisions that guide the fate of thousands, and find their place in a new world order.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

STOCKHOLM and IRVINE, Calif. - Nov. 10, 2016 - Paradox Interactive today released Tyranny, a brand-new role-playing game (RPG) from Obsidian Entertainment, for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs. Tyranny, designed and developed by the award-winning studio behind both modern and classic RPG hits including Pillars of Eternity, Fallout: New Vegas, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, is now available via digital retail outlets worldwide. The game places players within a world where a brutal clash between good and evil has taken place – and evil has emerged triumphant. Players will take on the role of a high-ranking officer in the armies of Kyros the Overlord, make world-altering, morally difficult decisions that guide the fate of thousands, and find their place in a new world order.

See the new regime under Kyros in a new trailer for Tyranny:

“Tyranny is a groundbreaking step for Paradox, establishing us further within the RPG genre,” said Fredrik Wester, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “Paradox games are, by design, deep, complex, and replayable, allowing gamers to experience very personal stories when they play one of our titles. Who better than Obsidian to create an RPG that fits those qualities? We’re proud to share Tyranny with the world and show what we can achieve with such a creative partner.”

“The tale of Tyranny is a story that Obsidian has been thinking about for years, and today we’re proud to share it with the world,” said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment. “What started out as a simple premise -- ‘what if evil won?’ -- has become the next great Obsidian game. As RPG players, we love great stories and tough choices in games. With Tyranny, we made sure these were at the forefront, through the lens that evil has already conquered the world.”

In Tyranny, the grand war between good and evil is over – and the forces of evil, led by Kyros the Overlord, have won. The Overlord’s merciless armies dominate the face of the world, and its denizens must find their new roles within the war-torn realm. Players interact with the populace to inspire loyalty, disgust, or fear as they roam the world as an officer in Kyros’ forces, empowered to act as both judge and executioner.

Tyranny is available now, starting at $44.99. To purchase Tyranny or to learn more about the game, visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/tyranny
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #3
Methos
Savior of Boleteria

Playing it tonight! Evil 4 Life!
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:26 PM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

It's on sale at GOG for $44.99 right now. Tempting, but with Xmas so close, can't afford it.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #5
wunshot
Subscriber

I'm playing it now. Fun so far.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #6
Drake_NS
Evil Dead

Ah geeze, I need to actually play Pillars of Eternity through, first. Ended up unsure what character class I wanted to play, so replayed the intro with different types so many times that I got bored before I really got anywhere. Kinda sad, really.
Drake_NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:19 PM   #7
Skunk
Evil Dead

You definitely do not need to play Pillars before this. Totally different IPs.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:02 AM   #8
Reverend Meta
Evil Dead

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake_NS View Post
Ah geeze, I need to actually play Pillars of Eternity through, first. Ended up unsure what character class I wanted to play, so replayed the intro with different types so many times that I got bored before I really got anywhere. Kinda sad, really.
Ha, I did this with Divinity 2. Still need to go back, make up my damn mind, and get more than 5 or 6 hours in.

I wish Tyranny was coming to XB1, my PC is shite.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:44 AM   #9
Drake_NS
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
You definitely do not need to play Pillars before this. Totally different IPs.
Huh, hadn't realized. Just kinda assumed it was a spoileriffic title to the sequel. Derp.

And I'm right there with Reverend Meta, too - got too many rpgs I've not beaten, and too many coming out. Not that I'm complaining about being spoiled for choices.
Drake_NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:56 AM   #10
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

just bought it. going to try it tonight. however im getting spoiled from sitting on my couch and playing xbox. i do not feel like sitting at a desk to play games.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #11
Skunk
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMrMike View Post
just bought it. going to try it tonight. however im getting spoiled from sitting on my couch and playing xbox. i do not feel like sitting at a desk to play games.
Step 1: Move PC to your TV; hook up TV as primary monitor.

Step 2: Fashion a crude lap-desk out of items laying around the house for your Keyboard and Mouse.

Step 3: Finagle the resolution and TV settings about until happy.

Done.

I did this 5 years ago and never went back. Even after becoming a husband and father, the only change is that the TV moved into my office.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #12
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
Step 1: Move PC to your TV; hook up TV as primary monitor.

Step 2: Fashion a crude lap-desk out of items laying around the house for your Keyboard and Mouse.

Step 3: Finagle the resolution and TV settings about until happy.

Done.

I did this 5 years ago and never went back. Even after becoming a husband and father, the only change is that the TV moved into my office.
I did the same, only my primary "computer chair" is a recliner. The wireless keyboard rests perfectly on my lap and I rest the mousepad (with a thick piece of cardboard under it) on the right armrest. For a while, I tried to find a suitable real lap-desk...but god damnit, that stupid piece of cardboard just works. It was part of the packaging for the "collector's edition" Diablo 3 strategy guide; I bought it out of sheer excitement for D3...and the disposable piece of packaging has held up ever since.

I, too, fashioned a crude lap desk-like setup and never looked back. It's perfect.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:50 AM   #13
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Tons of fun so far. The story is evolving in ways I wasn't expecting that's for sure.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
obsidian entertainment, paradox interactive, tyranny