10 Replies, 427 Views
Weekend Couch Potato -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 06:22 PM
4 Replies, 225 Views

Old 01-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #921
blackzc
Evil Dead

I have no BTC atm... I have a bit of XVG, XRP, IOTA, TRX, FUN, ADA, XLM. They went from $1k (invested) to about $2000 in a couple weeks, down to $900 last night, now sitting at $1024.

Just going to wait it out. I'm noticing lot of what i think are sell shills, attempting to push everything down so they can get back in cheap. The big dip the other day was due to a Korean exchange overvaluing coins. Not sure why, or what happened to them.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:13 PM   #922
Anenome
Autarchist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
apparently IWKYB and Agnostic Pope were both Anenome alts, which pissed me off.
That's not true at all.

Quote:
He's still on reddit posting away. He seems to have a different tone now.

I did some day trading today. Made a few bucks. Its fun trying to filter through all the hype, shills trying to get ppl to FOMO so they can dump.
Meh, I highly suggest buying bitcoin-cash and I like nano as a long-shot. It's the best of the PoStake altcoins. I still don't own any Eth because it doesn't want to be a currency, but it looks decent. Eos is basically a reset of Eth with PoStake.

Nano is like $1 right now, Bitcoin-cash got hurt in the BSV split, but is so much better than BTC that it's crazy ridiculous.

You also have BTC people talking about lowering their blocksize to 300kb, which is like five levels of insanity given their existing scaling problems.

And the Lightning network is absolute bullshit, with a terrible user experience that is never going to work. THe only chance it has of working at all is if large companies set up custodial accounts for end-users to use, abstracting away all the crypto stuff behind it.

But that will mean the death of BTC as a permissionless, trustless, peer-to-peer currency, which it seems has already happened. BTC is now utterly centralized, controlled by the Core dev group, who has steered it into this direction where they have made payments and transaction fees more expensive than using even credit cards, which is insane.

I highly suggest you stop holding BTC. I don't own any anymore myself. BCH, by contrast, is crazy undervalued and I think you'd be smart to own some of that. And again, Nano looks like a fantastic project as proof of stake systems begin proving themselves. It's only low priced because it's young.

Quote:
Remember the dot com bubble. It was at 10 Trillion before it popped, BTC is at 300 Billion. BTC could get this big. Even if BTC is a bubble we are no where near the end of it.
BTC is coasting on momentum right now. Everything that got BTC to where it is today is now embodied within bitcoin-cash, not within BTC itself.

Long-term, BTC can't maintain its dominant position because it has stripped all of that utility out of the system. I have a friend that paid a $50 transaction fee to move his BTC in late 2017. That should never have happened, yet the Core BTC devs have done nothing to alleviate that situation.

The next halving is in 2020, around june, and this typically means a lot more trading will begin happening. BTC is not ready for this to occur, and the devs want the system to congest, because they want high fees to pay miners, and they want to punish anyone not using segwit and anyone not using Lightning.

This is incredibly foolish. BCH has 32mb size blocks max right now, transaction fees of less than a penny, and could eat all of BTC's transaction capacity right now without any problems at all.

You should not become attached to a particular cryptocurrency on the basis of emotion or sunk-cost fallacy. I spotted bitcoin as a great tech back then because BTC had the qualities of a good money back then in 2013 when I first wrote about it.

Today, those qualities have been stripped out of BTC and exist only in its successor project: BCH.

I would not expect the current value of BTC to last forever therefore, lacking the utility that got it to where it is today.

And I would expect BCH to be incredibly undervalued today, due to it still having the utility that got BTC to where it is today, and the additional utility that has been added in by the BCH dev teams since the split.

It's pretty amazing what they've done and still plan to do. Meanwhile the Core devs are committed to not changing the protocol at all.

By the way, if you've been holding BTC in one address since august of 2017 when the chain split occurred, you now have BTC in that address as well as BCH and BSV.

BSV is a piece of junk that isn't going to go anywhere, is being mined at a loss by a billionaire, and I highly recommend selling it. And BTCGOLD peaked at $300 and then tanked after. It's like $12 a share today.

You will have to somehow split your BTC, BCH, BTCGOLD and BSV. That's not always the easiest to do. Some services and exchanges like Kraken can help you do this, please do your research.

If I were you, I would split my BTC, BCH, BTCGOLD and BSV, and I would sell BTC, hold BCH, sell the rest, and buy more BCH as well as some Nano.

Nano is super cheap right now, less than $1, so it's easy to put some coin into that and just hold it for a few years as a speculative bet on proof of stake.

Again, do your research. This is not investment advice, just my personal opinion, I'm not a licensed investment adviser (anymore).

---

As for seasteading, I have an employee currently in Africa soliciting companies for a 1/4 scale industry application, and met with a prospective sales lead today to look at pitching the full scale floathouse in San Francisco, and am still trying to gather initial capital to build the first full-scale model. In the meantime I'm building smaller scale. I have a desktop size 3D printed version completed, and currently working on a larger 2' long version done in the actual material and the actual winding process.

I moved to a new place with a yard big enough to build a 1/16 scale outside, and a 1/4 scale model after that, which would be about 8' diameter and 19' long. This size has a few commercial opportunities we'll explore.

With actual material samples and scale models coming along, we should be able to obtain investment capital this year.

Still, everyone I talk to about it loves the idea and have been very encouraging about the project, including several naval architects and multiple engineers.

Our first market will be placing houses in San Francisco bay where the housing crunch creates a huge opportunity for people who want to live closer to the city.

The average house there currently costs over $1m for 2,000 square feet.

My structure is ~$600k in the high-end, move-in ready model, and has 2900 square feet of usable space. And can be kept in Richardson Bay, 7 miles north of the city next to Sausalito, a very nice area just on the other side of the Golden Gate bridge.

I would expect to receive worldwide media attention after the first full-scale model is completely, and again, hope to raise funds to do that this year. Raising money is not something I am by any means good at, but having actual models to point to, and continuing to build up in larger scale, as well as exploring these other commercial opportunities of which I can't say much, seems to be the right way to go right now.

Attack me for being years overdue if you want; raising money is much harder than I expected it to be. But again everyone I show this thing to loves the idea, and I expect we will eventually be able to raise capital.

More info at www.ventivefloathouse.com if anyone wants to take a closer look.

Anyway, I'm having fun over at Reddit, not much reason to come back here, especially with the usual suspects still around tossing their amazing ignorance and negativity. I mean, Spectral's a holocaust denier? Wow, that's pretty pathetic.

Later.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:35 PM   #923
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Yawn no one cares, wake me when you and your delta force go "liberate" some people for your floating raft.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:34 PM   #924
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
That's not true at all.
Yeah i did figure that out on my own after a while.

Quote:
As for seasteading, I have an employee currently in Africa soliciting companies for a 1/4 scale industry application, and met with a prospective sales lead today to look at pitching the full scale floathouse in San Francisco, and am still trying to gather initial capital to build the first full-scale model. In the meantime I'm building smaller scale. I have a desktop size 3D printed version completed, and currently working on a larger 2' long version done in the actual material and the actual winding process.
Good luck with it bro.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm having fun over at Reddit, not much reason to come back here, especially with the usual suspects still around tossing their amazing ignorance and negativity. I mean, Spectral's a holocaust denier? Wow, that's pretty pathetic.

Later.
Fuck reddit. You will get banned from that hole if you step out of line even a little. Start a board, migrate your seasteading buddies over from reddit. Also, 6 million prolly didnt die. Smarter and more in the know people than both of us for sure fall on both sides of the argument. I cant even'ing at denying it happened is silly.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:54 PM   #925
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Actually it is true and as usual Anenome is a liar but we knew that already. What was it 2016 Anenome? It's 2019 still full of shit, enjoy stalking teenage girls on reddit.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #926
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Later.
The definition of when your plans come to fruition, lol. Always and forever "later."

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:22 PM   #927
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Attack me for being years overdue if you want; raising money is much harder than I expected it to be. But again everyone I show this thing to loves the idea, and I expect we will eventually be able to raise capital.
You never could grasp what was being criticized: your hubris was. You announced that you'd have launched your full-size seasteads years ago. You weren't forced to make such a proclamation by anything other than your ego; your ego is writing checks your intellect can't cash.

When you post on a board that you're going to do something in X amount of time and that anyone that dares to question you or not believe it is merely some sort of hater, troll, or the like, you're going to be reminded of your arrogance.

Now with Bitcoin, you of all people, are here to announce its doom. You'd post things like this:

So smug and sure that the close to $900 price at the time when you posted this would be a fun reminder of what fools people were for not listening to you. Yet now you're declaring Bitcoin (currently priced at around $3,800 as of this posting) to be a dead coin walking, urging people to buy Bitcoin Cash (currently priced at around $134 as of this posting). The free market wouldn't make the very mistakes that you're now saying Bitcoin will collapse from. You believed Bitcoin was the answer to destroying centralization seen in banking, but Bitcoin itself became centralized. Now I imagine you'd run competing arguments, depending on what you felt was beneficial at the time -- even though they'd contradict each other. In some scenarios you'd argue that you're still correct, because you'd say Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin. On the other hand, you'd argue such things as your crystal ball that said Bitcoin would never drop below 300 again remains true.

Do you see how the underlying issues are one and the same on the two different topics? Your extreme arrogance led you to vastly oversell and ultimately under(never?)deliver.

Meanwhile you'll run to forums which allow you to obtain some sort of power to wield, as you preach of your disgust of power.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:23 PM   #928
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Despite everything Bitcoin is now back up to $14,000. I suspect that is due to Venezuela and the rush of people trying to get their financial holdings out of Hong Kong in the event of a Chinese Communist Party crack down on the civil unrest.

I'm going to sell a few and buy some Bitcoin cash though the numbers are not as dramatic it has seen increases of a similar % going from a couple hundred dollars and hitting about $450 per coin.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bitcoin, fucking mods