05-30-2020 10:19 AM
15 Replies, 874 Views

Old 03-10-2020, 06:09 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Free-to-play Call of Duty: Warzone Announced, Launches March 10th

Quote:
Introducing a Game-Changing FREE-TO-PLAY Experience - Call of Duty: Warzone

Welcome to Warzone – a massive new combat experience where up to 150 players take the role of a veteran Tier 1 Operator and drop in to the dense and sprawling world of Verdansk. Warzone is a game-changer packed with non-stop and endless action that’s free-to-play and free-for-everyone!

Warzone will be live tomorrow, March 10 at 8AM PDT as a one-time early access for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare owners, and launch a few hours later around 12PM PDT, free for everyone!

You do not need to own the full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to download, play and enjoy Warzone. Call of Duty: Warzone is free for everyone.

Want to be ready to hit the ground running on this massive Call of Duty experience? Read on to get the details on Warzone.

For owners of the full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Warzone will replace the previously named ‘Classified’ panel in the Main Menu. A one-time early access will give Modern Warfare owners the ability to download Warzone at 8AM PDT. For Modern Warfare owners who are current and have the most recent title updates, the download will be a 18-22GB. Once download is complete, Modern Warfare owners will “unlock” the Warzone panel, which was previously classified, and can enter the lobby and play.

For non-owners of the full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Warzone will be available to download free in respective first-party stores starting as early as 12 PM PDT. Head to the store and search for ‘Warzone.’ Choose Call of Duty: Warzone to download. Warzone is a 83-101GB download for new, free-to-play users. Download could take up to several hours depending on bandwidth, service provider, additional regional factors and will vary by platform.

You do not need to own the full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to download, play and enjoy Warzone. Call of Duty: Warzone is free for everyone.

Look for specific information and more download details later today on the Games Blog.

Experience Warzone - cross-platform, free-to-play, and free-for-everyone on March 10!

More intel on Call of Duty: Warzone can be found starting tomorrow in the free Official Warzone Strategy Guide and on the Activision Games Blog. Be on the lookout for more blogs, tomorrow, on Battle Royale and Plunder, an article exploring the map of Warzone, and our launch day blog for all additional information.

For more information and the latest intel on Warzone, visit callofduty.com.
They already failed at Battle Royale with Black Ops IIII. It is a weird decision for them to give it another try.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:09 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Old 03-10-2020, 06:11 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

What a shame that they aren't doing a Conquest mode like Battlefield. I would play the living crap out of that.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
wunshot
Subscriber

What didn't you like about the earlier BR they did. I thought it was refreshing to be able to play BR without all the lame fort building.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I played one round of the BR mode. Lasted about six seconds and got killed by a guy I never saw, but he seemed to be standing right in out in the open.

Played the cash grab mode and never saw another player at all the whole time till we got bored and quit.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

DOWNLOADING NOW!

I haven't played this version yet so I'm excited.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #7
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

WTF man, I'm just sitting here in the queue.

Haven't even been able to play yet and it's been over 15min.

Phuk this.

FINALLY GOT IN A GAME.

UTTER CRAP...
UNINSTALLED.

Last edited by brandonjclark; 03-10-2020 at 08:05 PM..
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:08 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
What didn't you like about the earlier BR they did. I thought it was refreshing to be able to play BR without all the lame fort building.
Mostly that it's just Battle Royale. Like all these games, you wander around for 10 minutes till you finally find someone, then either you kill him or he kills you and then you start the process over again.

It's pretty dull, even with 100 people on the map. Without some form of objectives to drive it and given how large the maps are, it just ends up being a boring slog.

Conquest works because it drives all the players to these central points. I've always felt like Battle Royale is more geared toward younger players who can't hack it in regular Deathmatch or Conquest.

Like watch the above trailer... it shows these big groups of players working together. You NEVER see anything close to that in a match. You aren't going to see 8 helicopters in the air at once chasing each other, or mostly never even see people use vehicles because it just makes you stand out and become a huge target.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:52 PM   #9
wunshot
Subscriber

I just played my first round and got into a shitload of firefights. Way more crowded than pubg.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:55 PM   #10
actusoul
Evil Dead

GREAT game. I played a few games and got used to the mechanics. One innovative option is you fight in the gulag (1v1) to get back in the game if you are killed the first time.

Easily a contender. I cannot wait to get back and play some games today. I like the option of Apex or Warzone. Great time to be a gamer if you like battle royale mode. I find it hard to believe many on this forum discard it after one game.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #11
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
I just played my first round and got into a shitload of firefights. Way more crowded than pubg.
Let's see if the population stays for longer than a few weeks. Of course it is bonkers right now.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call of duty: warzone