Today 11:11 AM
5 Replies, 444 Views

Old 03-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #501
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I have problems with this article.

1) Murphy never mentions a draft bill. If they wanted to allocate money for this, where's the proof. And who is THEY?

2) Murphy claimed in February that Trump never REQUESTED funding in this tweet here.

3) Murphy now claims Trump OFFICIALS DENIED funding.

Which is it?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:09 PM   #502
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
lol, that is from 2019. In real life in 2020 we were the only modern country that couldn't even get test kits properly deployed.
Holy crap. Do you not hear yourself?

Well! That study wasn't done today so it's invalid!

So you really think that if a study was done as long as 5 months ago, we can throw the results out?

And you think it is us that is drinking the cool-aid?

Wow. Just... wow...
Old 03-28-2020, 09:33 PM   #503
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post

So you really think that if a study was done as long as 5 months ago, we can throw the results out?

Wow. Just... wow...
Is there any wonder as to why I often call Eats a fucking moron? Because there really shouldn't be.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:21 AM   #504
RAV
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
No there's never an agenda with Chris Murphy (my senator.... *shiver*.) As others have said, this swing between "Trump didn't act fast enough!" and "Trump was scare mongering and being a racist by closing off travel to China et al!" is kind of amusing. The lack of self awareness is pretty big these days.
Let's assume for a moment the situation in New York continues to escalate. They will keep blaming Trump for not having done enough, of course. But they will not have done everything they could have themselves, they definitely could have done more before on their own, regardless of what Trump did on federal level. They did not lockdown asap etc. This is important to keep in mind, because they will keep implying that if only they would have been in charge, it would all have been different. Yet wherever you look, whenever liberals are in charge of crisis like these, it's just a disaster, and it won't be different here. Even in countries like SouthKorea, always with praises and comparisons, it's noteworthy that the people in charge there really have little to nothing in common with liberals here.

But what starts to interest me more is the situation in Brazil. From what I understand so far, the president there treats the situation like no other, literally like just a flu with nothing to worry about. Looks like no lockdowns and greater measures, beyond maybe equipping the hospitals better and using hidroxi chloroquine. We pitied earlier that we'll never know what decision would have been right in alternate realities, but with them we kinda do. Brazil also is not the USA, but it will be interesting to see how things work out for them. Tbh, it appears a bit too ballsy to the point of reckless, but we'll see what happens, and if we keep making all these comparisons with a country as unlikely as SouthKorea, it's also good to have points of comparisons with Brazil.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:02 AM   #505
RAV
Evil Dead

You know, now that I think of it. We had this article posted earlier where some doctor from Korea was complaining about Trump not doing enough, how it's all about pride and that everyone must pull on the same rope to solve this world wide crisis.

It is crazy that they managed to find comments from him on Trump, but not the Brazilian president. That's pretty damn telling to me. Trump is nowhere near as reckless as the Brazilian president, but no word on that. Looking at the news media here, there is like 100 headlines a day that Trump didn't do enough, yet very little on Brazil. Crazy to realize. Brazil is no small deal, plenty of size and people, it actually matters what they are doing. But Trump, Trump, Trump.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:17 AM   #506
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post

Wow. Just... wow...
No. My point is that study was very obviously incorrect. It came to conclusions that were shown to be false 3 months later when the US response to corona was worse than S Korea and Taiwan by virtually every metric.

It is so ridiculous that you guys need me to even write this out, since it is obvious that the study's conclusion was incorrect.
Eats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:22 AM   #507
Eats
Developer

So let's review what is happening now. Trump has told all the governors to get supplies for themselves for each state.

So the only possible conclusion is the states competing with each other, driving up the price of these very limited medical supplies. It isn't even price gouging when states are bidding against each other.

So this will result in a)rich states will get all the ventilators and medical supplies and the allocation of resources will all go to rich states. b)We will waste a massive amount of tax dollars essentially bidding against ourselves.

Alternatively there could be leadership at the federal level and they could allocate these supplies and negotiate on behalf of all states. That would require competent leadership actually taking charge though...
Old 03-29-2020, 02:29 AM   #508
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
3) They ignored that Trump had guidance from the CDC they had plenty of test kits to send out (which turned out to be defective) which is why we didn't need WHO tests or to appropriate funding for more testing
uh, even if those tests worked we would've still had a massive shortage of tests. We needed more funding and should've bought the WHO tests either way.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:38 AM   #509
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Let's assume for a moment the situation in New York continues to escalate. They will keep blaming Trump for not having done enough, of course. But they will not have done everything they could have themselves, they definitely could have done more before on their own, regardless of what Trump did on federal level. They did not lockdown asap etc. This is important to keep in mind, because they will keep implying that if only they would have been in charge, it would all have been different. Yet wherever you look, whenever liberals are in charge of crisis like these, it's just a disaster, and it won't be different here. Even in countries like SouthKorea, always with praises and comparisons, it's noteworthy that the people in charge there really have little to nothing in common with liberals here.

But what starts to interest me more is the situation in Brazil. From what I understand so far, the president there treats the situation like no other, literally like just a flu with nothing to worry about. Looks like no lockdowns and greater measures, beyond maybe equipping the hospitals better and using hidroxi chloroquine. We pitied earlier that we'll never know what decision would have been right in alternate realities, but with them we kinda do. Brazil also is not the USA, but it will be interesting to see how things work out for them. Tbh, it appears a bit too ballsy to the point of reckless, but we'll see what happens, and if we keep making all these comparisons with a country as unlikely as SouthKorea, it's also good to have points of comparisons with Brazil.
Actually there are quite a few cities in lockdown here.

But up until a few days ago politicians were tripping over themselves to see who have the most strict measures, and they were trying to signal political strength.

But then the president made a announcement calling them out and asking to slowly free business to operate and do a vertical lockdown instead, only isolating those vulnerable.

Immediately there was a narrative shift and the ones who were locking down were now the cowards, were in fact doing the easy thing in locking down because those truly strong were the ones able to keep the economy running AND keep the virus at Bay.

Now most local governments are trying to return to work while isolating vulnerables and keeping social isolation and protection measures while working.

We are making use of hidroxicloroquina on more critical cases, but not mild ones. I even read we sold some to the USA, it is a pitty you off loaded all your production to china, but will help were we can.

My own city was on lockdown for a week, but after the president's move the mayor is staring to open it up.

My city specifically have more than double the ICU rooms then Italy and about 50% more than Europe with the exclusion of Germany, so we are sitting pretty and much better than Europe. Hospitals are emptied of other illnesses and we have hundreds of ICU rooms available.

All of this is not to mention that this virus seem to die much faster in hot climates, making only person to person a viable transmission method.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:49 AM   #510
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
So let's review what is happening now. Trump has told all the governors to get supplies for themselves for each state.
A documented lie. Find that shit yourself, idiot.

Quote:
So the only possible conclusion is the states competing with each other, driving up the price of these very limited medical supplies.
A failure to understand supply and demand. Back to school, moron.

Quote:
So this will result in a)rich states will get all the ventilators and medical supplies and the allocation of resources will all go to rich states. b)We will waste a massive amount of tax dollars essentially bidding against ourselves.
A conclusion resulting from your idiotic, illogical, and incorrect predicate.

Quote:
Alternatively there could be leadership at the federal level and they could allocate these supplies and negotiate on behalf of all states. That would require competent leadership actually taking charge though
1/31 - Shuts down travel from China, and he was right. Dems/libtards - 'Racist! Xenophobic! Stupid!'

How's that New Orleans leadership doing, eh dipshit? Got a bunch of buses unused and 'under water' yet?

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:50 AM   #511
RAV
Evil Dead

Thanks for the clarification, Jotoco. My info about the situation was from one or two media articles among the 100 Trump bashing ones. Goes to show how much you can trust journalism at anything now. Even though there is so little to find about Brazil in our news, they do try their best to malign the Brazilian president as bad as possible as an absolutely irresponsible idiot.

Quote:
I even read we sold some to the USA, it is a pitty you off loaded all your production to china, but will help were we can.
Yes, it would be nice if the true "opportunity" of the crisis would be to rethink our relationship with China.

Quote:
My city specifically have more than double the ICU rooms then Italy and about 50% more than Europe with the exclusion of Germany, so we are sitting pretty and much better than Europe. Hospitals are emptied of other illnesses and we have hundreds of ICU rooms available.
That's pretty good, I've heard that Brazil as an up and coming economy to watch out for.

Quote:
All of this is not to mention that this virus seem to die much faster in hot climates, making only person to person a viable transmission method.
Ah, one of those regional factors, nice.

Hope things will be good for you, maybe we end up learning a thing or two from you.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:09 AM   #512
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
uh, even if those tests worked we would've still had a massive shortage of tests. We needed more funding and should've bought the WHO tests either way.
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...on-rejected-w/

Once again, you are not to be taken seriously. You are simply another partisan shill who is constantly prowling for gotcha moments and trying to hold Trump to standards to which you never hold any leftist.

*Please note that I linked to Politifact which is notoriously left leaning on most occasions but at least they shot straight here and listed their sources for you Eats.

But it's still Trump's fault right? No.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-testing-delay
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #513
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Thanks for the clarification, Jotoco. My info about the situation was from one or two media articles among the 100 Trump bashing ones. Goes to show how much you can trust journalism at anything now. Even though there is so little to find about Brazil in our news, they do try their best to malign the Brazilian president as bad as possible as an absolutely irresponsible idiot.

Yes, it would be nice if the true "opportunity" of the crisis would be to rethink our relationship with China.

That's pretty good, I've heard that Brazil as an up and coming economy to watch out for.

Ah, one of those regional factors, nice.

Hope things will be good for you, maybe we end up learning a thing or two from you.
We like to think of ourselves as a country with a future. And as potential US Ally. We would rather you transfer your factories to a democracy, specially one with conservative and Christian population than a communist dictatorship sworn to bring you down, but you do you.

And as for now Corona is being kept in check. Only in huge population centers it spread a bit more, and our numbers are even more skewed than yours.

We are only testing critical patients.

I have a friend that had indirect contact with a confirmed case, but since she and her family didn't develop critical symptoms, no testing.

My daughter had a fever and coughing, and a mild ashtma case, but again as she didn't need to be moved into the hospital, no testing. She is recovering very well, but not 100% yet.

One person in my city went to a graduation party with 400 people while awaiting her test results. She tested positive (and was only tested because she is the GF of a guy who is grandson to one of the most powerful people in my state). So I believe that a huge % of the world had already had it and beat it, we just can't prove it yet.

But for now only in São Paulo and Rio there are a few more cases of critical people, and in Sao Paulo they are using hidroxicloroquina since Monday or so, Rio started using it yesterday I think. And in my city there is only one person in critical enough condition to be using it, but I have no confirmation that this person is using it or not. The doctor can request it and it is available here.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:28 AM   #514
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

The Comprehensive Timeline of China’s COVID-19 Lies
Old 03-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #515
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...on-rejected-w/

Once again, you are not to be taken seriously. You are simply another partisan shill who is constantly prowling for gotcha moments and trying to hold Trump to standards to which you never hold any leftist.

*Please note that I linked to Politifact which is notoriously left leaning on most occasions but at least they shot straight here and listed their sources for you Eats.

But it's still Trump's fault right? No.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-testing-delay
Here's the rub, Liberals tend not to care about facts. Given how much flat out lying Eats says and links with zero fucks given as long as ideology is pushed. Lets be real here, this is a guy that preaches Vox articles as gospel just as an example. Eats is nothing more than a useful idiot.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #516
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Old 03-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #517
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Exactly. And the leftist media and politicians are proud to carry their water.

Who conspired with foreigners to interfere with the 2016 election? Dems.
Who has spent years illegally meeting with foreign governments such as Iran to interfere with US administration policy? Dems.
Who wasted three years on the lie of 'muh Russia'? Dems.
Who's wasting our time now with lies on behalf of China? Dems.

Commies love commies. Anti-Americans love anti-Americans. Haters gotta hate.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:57 AM   #518
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
A documented lie. Find that shit yourself, idiot.

A failure to understand supply and demand. Back to school, moron.

A conclusion resulting from your idiotic, illogical, and incorrect predicate.

1/31 - Shuts down travel from China, and he was right. Dems/libtards - 'Racist! Xenophobic! Stupid!'

How's that New Orleans leadership doing, eh dipshit? Got a bunch of buses unused and 'under water' yet?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...s-2020-3%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...en-outbid-them

In your mind multiple bidders don't drive up the price of goods? Seems like you need to go back to school. Also I am in Los Angeles.

Last edited by Eats; 03-29-2020 at 11:18 AM..
Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 AM   #519
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Was corona in Africa?
Old 03-29-2020, 10:18 AM   #520
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote