157 Replies, 3,327 Views
Xbox Series X Backward...
Last post by RocketMagnet
Yesterday 10:19 AM
15 Replies, 805 Views

Old 03-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #601
RAV
Evil Dead

Then again, what you probably really meant was "be careful, those junkies are on the prowl".

Hrrm, interesting interpretation of zombies. Hordes of braindead junkies on the prowl looking for drugs and stuff.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #602
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

US bad! China good!

Old 03-30-2020, 07:11 PM   #603
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Then again, what you probably really meant was "be careful, those junkies are on the prowl".

Hrrm, interesting interpretation of zombies. Hordes of braindead junkies on the prowl looking for drugs and stuff.
I learned all about addiction with my wife. One thing they said was that if you held a gun to an alcoholics head and said "Don't drink that wine", the addict would not think "I'd better not". They would think "I wonder if I can drink it before the bullet hits?"

People who are desperate will do anything, and they will be justified in doing it (justified to themselves).

And it's not just junkies either. Think about it. Homeless people normally beg donations, but now there is nobody out there to beg from. Illegals can't get work now and can't get state funds. Many low income families who live paycheck to paycheck have lost their main source of income due to businesses either losing a lot of work or shutting down.

These people have families. They have children. They will see people around them, maybe in just the next block over, who have the wealth or are able to keep their job.

I'm not saying that people who have no money are intrinsically evil. I'm saying that humans will do what they can to survive and, if it means their survival, especially the survival of their families, than ANYTHING is moral to them. People should not count on everybody else being as rational as they are. Not everybody is going to think rationally. And not everybody is sane. Especially not addicts.

It is definitely something to be concerned about.

Last edited by PacerDawn; 03-30-2020 at 07:40 PM..
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:27 PM   #604
RAV
Evil Dead

Yeah man, sorry about all that, and people already got enough problems, no one needs that shit, drives you nuts.

Damn China and their bullshit. It isn't just that the virus happened to come from them, it's how they handled it as your video shows again.

It's almost as if they really wanted it to spread. Again, as we've discussed, this whole shit is way too convenient for them in locking up HK and stuff.
Wouldn't be surprised if among the "virus victims" there's plenty of politically inconvenient people. Really suspicious about the whole mess.

It's not necessarily that they made the thing, but I wouldn't be surprised as it sprung up that they used the opportunity.

oh idk... that whole WHO is a real disaster and another sign of things to come. We have to deal with China, it can't just go back to business as usual.

Almost makes me feel that the Chinese Corona Virus is still way too dignified. May as well call it the Chinks Plague. Fuckers.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:34 PM   #605
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Yeah man, sorry about all that, and people already got enough problems, no one needs that shit, drives you nuts.
Actually, that wasn't directed at you. I was going to leave that prior to your post, you just gave me a good jumping off point...
Old 03-30-2020, 07:43 PM   #606
RAV
Evil Dead

What is so weird about the virus is... it is "just enough". What I mean is, it's just enough that you can't totally ignore it, but not enough to be too serious. I mean it is serious, alright, but not like totally. It hits that perfect sweet spot, if you need a plausible excuse to lock things up, and then deal with it. The rest of the world will kinda understand - and be way too busy dealing with it themselves - while you come down hard on the population to contain and eliminate it, and it's not too difficult with the measures which a totalitarian state has. It's sooo damn convenient, right now at this time, this whole damn mess going down, it just couldn't be more perfect for them, CCP pretty scared about social unrest and stuff, as the population evolves economically. Now suddenly it's clear again who's in power, and the people are reminded why they "need" them.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:56 PM   #607
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Oh those poor junkies, whatever will they do? Become productive members of society again?

Don't make me sympathetic with a prolonged lockdown.
Drug addicts detoxing is great good news imo.

Found these poking around. They seem real.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:13 PM   #608
Jotoco
Evil Dead

Each day and all this shit looks more and more like a hoax.

Today news were reporting that a patience died after taking cloroquine. Yes, he died. But the was already in ICU from kidney failure, had enphisema in his lungs, was diabetic and had high blood pressure. Yeah, Corona totally did him.

As I have said, my 2 yo had fever and coughing and we took her to a hospital. She was literally the ONLY patient.

And media is always saying that there is lacking of resources and staff is overworked and there aren't enough masks and stuff.

And even then they refused to test her because she didn't need to be put on ICU. We came back home the same day.

I will say we are under reporting cases by a factor of AT LEAST 10. Probably more. In the end we will probably see h
That it has below 0.1% mortality rate. It's only accomplishment being able to infect large populations so damn quick that even 0.1% looks huge in such a tiny time frame.
Jotoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:36 PM   #609
blackzc
Evil Dead

My BB may have had this stuff already, Early February BB had a high fever, no congestion whatsoever, she felt bad. Took her in twice for flu and strep test, both of them came back negative. She had a constant fever for a full 2 weeks that we had to treat with tylenol and bb motrin.

If this is mostly a hoax, there must be some major shit going on behind the scenes.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:52 PM   #610
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Go eat a dick and take this shit with you.
2020, still doesn't understand how evil Zionism is.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:51 AM   #611
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
US bad! China good!

Pacer, you RACIST! You must hate all Chinese people and not specifically their murderous totalitarian government! You're just like that Drumpf fellow.

*great video by the way
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:57 AM   #612
RAV
Evil Dead

What I am about to say is not typical for me and I wouldn't like if our discussion steers too much into that direction, honestly. But I do feel the need to mention this here for once...

I must honestly say I am not the most sympathetic to the average mainland Han Chinese citizen. It's not just their government...
There is all kinds of Asians I have an open and sympathetic attitude towards, but I gotta admit I have some reservations towards mainland Han Chinese.

You know there is a reason their government is still in charge... and the more you get in contact with mainland Han Chinese, you figure this out pretty quick...
It's not necessarily that they exactly love their government. They do have issues with corrupt cadres abusing their power etc... but still, there is a widespread sense of pride in their nation. Now this would sound okay and normal on principle... but remember what kind of nation we are talking about...

You don't need to assume that decades of communist indoctrination has no effect on a people's character and they would all long for the day of freedom...
Similar to the North Koreans.. sure a large portion is just plain victims, but there is still a significant amount of people that are in support of it.

The typical Han Chinese see themselves above all, they are rather racist in many things on a level you will find very irritating.
They are often very reckless in character and bad mannered by our standards, they often have a bunch of unpleasant attitudes in a way you won't be used to anymore.

Now is that all chinese you'll ever meet etc, of course not. And like I said I usually don't feel comfortable with these sorts of dicussions at all. Really don't like saying it... but... friend I gotta advice you... if you ever do business in South East Asia, you should prefer doing business with Taiwanese, SouthKoreans, japanese, Thailanders, Vietnamese, pretty much anything but mainland Chinese. Now all these people have their own issues, like we all have, and they have a lot of racial resentments towards each other, and it's not that every single person of them is nice and a save business, or that every mainland Chinese is a bad guy. But I have to tell you, in terms of chances for what experience you can get, be especially careful with mainland Han Chinese. Sorry to say it.

Now on the other side, it's also good if we would try yank people out of it. There is this notion that by being very gentle and nice and forthcoming we can yank anyone out of their ways and such. Maybe. maybe. But I warn you, don't be too naive... a lot of them see us as pretty naive and stupid and decadent, easy to take advantage of.

Again, I hate saying these kind of things, but can't help saying it. Also you should notice the following: chinese resistance fighters will actually agree with me in a lot of ways, they wouldn't just say I am a bad guy shit talking them. There really are issues, and it's not just the government oppressing their people... it's people oppressing people...

Now this is not about stiring the pot, don't want the rest of the thread going like that, ragging on other folks. It's not about telling you to go out and be mean to chinese. I think you know what I mean.... just don't be stupid. You can't afford being stupid, okay.

Last edited by RAV; 03-31-2020 at 06:25 AM..
Old 03-31-2020, 06:25 AM   #613
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
What I am about to say is not typical for me... I think you know what I mean
just don't be stupid. You can't afford being stupid, okay.
As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing really controversial in what you're saying here. I'm sure people like Eats will have an issue with it but you're not talking racism here. You're talking about the culture of a particular nation, not even the culture of a specific ethnicity. And it's something I've heard before. They are a very proud people, proud to the point of a superiority complex. I've heard the same about Russia, that they believe they are a special people. Now some will say "But you Americans feel the same way about yourselves." And that's true in a way but also keep in mind that anyone can come here and become an American if they really want to. Our "superiority" is open to anyone who really wants to take part in our culture. It's not the same with other countries. I can't move to China and be part of their "superior" culture.

In fairness, they do have a point in us being stupid and easy to take advantage of. From my limited experience, they have a very low opinion of our politically correct culture and how naive that PC outlook is. And I can't help but agree on that aspect. And they probably think that we're all that way because so many of us are and because of how much it dominates the pop culture that we export. PC culture is not just some minor annoyance. It rots culture, hinders free thought and idea exchange, screws up your priorities, and diminishes your cultural respect in the world. And China's view of this is at least in some part, due to our own weakness in bowing to PC overlords.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:41 AM   #614
RAV
Evil Dead

Yeah, I mean, the average liberal will read what you and i just wrote an be like "haha but that's us! that's just like us! haha, look in the mirror!". We are so bad mannered and "better than you" etc. Nuhu. Boy oh boy if you knew how things go elsewhere. China is like 100 times worse than anything the Left blames us to be here. Take any social issue we have here, amp it up all the way, and you get what is normal in China. Their PC culture is absolute zero. Worse than zero even. It's so bad in that regard, that honestly it gives me a bit of pause about our own PC debates. I too am often annoyed about overbearing PC stuff muffling us here, but when you experience how things are going in China, you suddenly learn to appreciate a minimum of courtesy culture. It's like we talked about earlier, when communists complain about how tyrannical we are, and then you look in their own countries... doh. Same with all the other social issues. Pretty damn terrible.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:46 AM   #615
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Another point that I meant to bring up earlier in regard to Eats's rant about states competing for ventilators etc. First, it was an example of another one of your dumb "victory" laps that you love taking. It's dumb because not only is it in bad taste (I get it, it's hard to not say I told you so sometimes) but it really is just a dumb emotional reaction. The problem is that you're treating these things as if there is a set number. When there is a high demand for a product, prices go up. But then what happens? If possible, the supply goes up, usually way up. And then, prices come down as production is streamlined, the product is improved, and demand either steadies out or abates. And we can see it right now with companies jumping in to help build ventilators or designing new ones. And other companies are jumping in to make masks and other medical equipment as well as innovating new tests and doing so quickly. Now I'm not saying that the situation is perfect and to expect so is childish. But this is very basic economics and it shouldn't have to be pointed out to supposedly smart people. But here we are.

Quote:
Yeah, I mean, the average liberal will read what you and i just wrote an be like "haha but that's us! that's just like us! haha, look in the mirror!". We are so bad mannered and "better than you" etc. Nuhu. Boy oh boy if you knew how things go elsewhere. China is like 100 times worse than anything the Left blames us to be here. Take any social issue we have here, amp it up all the way, and you get what is normal in China. Their PC culture is absolute zero. Worse than zero even. It's so bad in that regard, that honestly it gives me a bit of pause about our own PC debates. I too am often annoyed about overbearing PC stuff muffling us here, but when you experience how things are going in China, you suddenly learn to appreciate a minimum of courtesy culture. It's like we talked about earlier, when communists complain about how tyrannical we are, and then you look in their own countries... doh. Same with all the other social issues. Pretty damn terrible.
Yeah all good points. It's funny how people always say how racist the US is. And yet I've consistently heard how racist non-Western countries often are, shockingly so by our standards.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:23 AM   #616
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

GameStop to employees: wrap your hands in plastic bags and go back to work

The Boston Globe reports:

Quote:
GameStop, the video game retailer, sent employees in Massachusetts back to work on Friday ó despite the statewide order shutting down all nonessential businesses. But instead of allowing customers inside, the store is doing curbside pickup, and employees have been given a set of specific and highly unusual instructions to let people pay at the door, according to a manager at a local store.

Workers have been told to wrap a plastic bag around one hand to protect it from exposure to the virus, open the door a crack, and take the customerís credit card, the manager said. Employees are then to run the card with a hand still encased in the bag, flip the bag inside out, leaving the card inside, put the purchase in the bag, and hand it back through the door.
Gamestop: Keeping it classy since 1984.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:27 AM   #617
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It's funny how people always say how racist the US is. And yet I've consistently heard how racist non-Western countries often are, shockingly so by our standards.
I lived for years overseas and have traveled extensively overseas. America is among the least-racist nations on Earth. There's a reason folks want to come here, and it's because you can BE AMERICAN and BE ANYBODY. That is just not the case just about everywhere else, and folks in other nations are quite happy to point out their own racial/ethnic superiority to you as well.

We're not perfect, but we're an amazing and pretty unique nation in the history of nations. Great place to have been born and live, winning life's lottery in a big way!

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:11 AM   #618
Daedalus
Knight

Quote:
What I am about to say is not typical for me and I wouldn't like if our discussion steers too much into that direction, honestly. But I do feel the need to mention this here for once...

I must honestly say I am not the most sympathetic to the average mainland Han Chinese citizen. It's not just their government...
There is all kinds of Asians I have an open and sympathetic attitude towards, but I gotta admit I have some reservations towards mainland Han Chinese.

You know there is a reason their government is still in charge... and the more you get in contact with mainland Han Chinese, you figure this out pretty quick...
It's not necessarily that they exactly love their government. They do have issues with corrupt cadres abusing their power etc... but still, there is a widespread sense of pride in their nation. Now this would sound okay and normal on principle... but remember what kind of nation we are talking about...

You don't need to assume that decades of communist indoctrination has no effect on a people's character and they would all long for the day of freedom...
Similar to the North Koreans.. sure a large portion is just plain victims, but there is still a significant amount of people that are in support of it.

The typical Han Chinese see themselves above all, they are rather racist in many things on a level you will find very irritating.
They are often very reckless in character and bad mannered by our standards, they often have a bunch of unpleasant attitudes in a way you won't be used to anymore.

Now is that all chinese you'll ever meet etc, of course not. And like I said I usually don't feel comfortable with these sorts of dicussions at all. Really don't like saying it... but... friend I gotta advice you... if you ever do business in South East Asia, you should prefer doing business with Taiwanese, SouthKoreans, japanese, Thailanders, Vietnamese, pretty much anything but mainland Chinese. Now all these people have their own issues, like we all have, and they have a lot of racial resentments towards each other, and it's not that every single person of them is nice and a save business, or that every mainland Chinese is a bad guy. But I have to tell you, in terms of chances for what experience you can get, be especially careful with mainland Han Chinese. Sorry to say it.

Now on the other side, it's also good if we would try yank people out of it. There is this notion that by being very gentle and nice and forthcoming we can yank anyone out of their ways and such. Maybe. maybe. But I warn you, don't be too naive... a lot of them see us as pretty naive and stupid and decadent, easy to take advantage of.

Again, I hate saying these kind of things, but can't help saying it. Also you should notice the following: chinese resistance fighters will actually agree with me in a lot of ways, they wouldn't just say I am a bad guy shit talking them. There really are issues, and it's not just the government oppressing their people... it's people oppressing people...

Now this is not about stiring the pot, don't want the rest of the thread going like that, ragging on other folks. It's not about telling you to go out and be mean to chinese. I think you know what I mean.... just don't be stupid. You can't afford being stupid, okay.
This is a good post. I've worked with quite a few Han Chinese over the course of many years and know them very well. They are very different asians from the rest.

Many of them are anglophiles, adopt "english" names, buy American and Euro products as status symbols, and when they make companies they always want to put white people in positions where they are seen a lot because they see it as prestigious. But at the same time, they are extremely proud and arrogant of being Chinese. They have absolutely zero concept of racial sensitivity and are often very openly racist but have no idea it's off-putting to non-chinese.

They are also very rude in general by most standards. The culture really does not have empathy for others. Tons of videos of their elderly falling down in public, or other Chinese being ran over by cars, even children, and no one cares or does anything to help. The men cheat on their women as a normal thing, and they have no culture of romance. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a huge factor with Chinese girls jumping ship and having a huge collective fetish for white men. American born Chinese men have a massive chip on their shoulder about how extremely common it is for their women to date and prefer white men. You can read about this on /r/HAPA /r/aznidentity and /r/asianmasculinity.

In business they are bloodthirsty capitalists who cut corners and break rules, it's just built into their culture and will never change. In business you must be always suspicious of them, but because of this culture they value and take care of long term relationships because trust is so rare. For example, if you need something manufactured you can negotiate and sign contracts, but they always want to slip something by. It really is best to hire a Chinese agent to do this on your behalf who already has long term relationships with manufacturers because they can move haven and earth in ways you can't and get the "chinaman price" that's lower than anything you can negotiate. Yes, that's a real term people use on the DL and it's a very real thing. You also can't send a black employee to do business with Chinese ever, no matter how good or professional the black employee is.

You read about the creepy stuff their Gov does with the social credit scores and it just seems like a dystopian nightmare...Chinese people overwhelmingly approve of it! I think it's like 87%. Even in marriage in family there is less sense of romance and a lot of pressure to be a cog in the family machine. White men who date their women love dating, but if they get married there is a bit of culture shock with the unrelenting pressure of making money to show off, having children then see them get tiger mommed with extra curricular SAT courses, piano lessons(western instruments only strangely enough) and getting them into ivy league.

And the longer you are around them, you realize that this is a very durable culture. It will not change. The world will change, but 100 years into the future they will be exactly the same. This culture matched with China's rise to power on the world stage is very threatening, and rightfully so. The world is full of empathetic people who want to get along with each other, and they are a bee hive filled with drones. All other asians know this and open up about it and share thoughts exactly like what I and you have posted when you get to know them.
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:33 AM   #619
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I lived for years overseas and have traveled extensively overseas. America is among the least-racist nations on Earth. There's a reason folks want to come here, and it's because you can BE AMERICAN and BE ANYBODY. That is just not the case just about everywhere else, and folks in other nations are quite happy to point out their own racial/ethnic superiority to you as well.

We're not perfect, but we're an amazing and pretty unique nation in the history of nations. Great place to have been born and live, winning life's lottery in a big way!

^ this post is globalist in nature and ANTI diversity. Terran wants everyone to be white presenting while hordes of non white immigrants enter the country and replace us.

(were not perfect) Implying perfect is based on a scale of how few people in a given country have pride for their people and nation. Less pride, better country.

Fuck off. This country is already dead and people like you killed it.

You are literally a parody...
Old 03-31-2020, 11:48 AM   #620
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
This is a good post. I've worked with quite a few Han Chinese over the course of many years and know them very well. They are very different asians from the rest.

Many of them are anglophiles, adopt "english" names, buy American and Euro products as status symbols, and when they make companies they always want to put white people in positions where they are seen a lot because they see it as prestigious. But at the same time, they are extremely proud and arrogant of being Chinese. They have absolutely zero concept of racial sensitivity and are often very openly racist but have no idea it's off-putting to non-chinese.

They are also very rude in general by most standards. The culture really does not have empathy for others. Tons of videos of their elderly falling down in public, or other Chinese being ran over by cars, even children, and no one cares or does anything to help. The men cheat on their women as a normal thing, and they have no culture of romance. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't a huge factor with Chinese girls jumping ship and having a huge collective fetish for white men. American born Chinese men have a massive chip on their shoulder about how extremely common it is for their women to date and prefer white men. You can read about this on /r/HAPA /r/aznidentity and /r/asianmasculinity.

In business they are bloodthirsty capitalists who cut corners and break rules, it's just built into their culture and will never change. In business you must be always suspicious of them, but because of this culture they value and take care of long term relationships because trust is so rare. For example, if you need something manufactured you can negotiate and sign contracts, but they always want to slip something by. It really is best to hire a Chinese agent to do this on your behalf who already has long term relationships with manufacturers because they can move haven and earth in ways you can't and get the "chinaman price" that's lower than anything you can negotiate. Yes, that's a real term people use on the DL and it's a very real thing. You also can't send a black employee to do business with Chinese ever, no matter how good or professional the black employee is.

You read about the creepy stuff their Gov does with the social credit scores and it just seems like a dystopian nightmare...Chinese people overwhelmingly approve of it! I think it's like 87%. Even in marriage in family there is less sense of romance and a lot of pressure to be a cog in the family machine. White men who date their women love dating, but if they get married there is a bit of culture shock with the unrelenting pressure of making money to show off, having children then see them get tiger mommed with extra curricular SAT courses, piano lessons(western instruments only strangely enough) and getting them into ivy league.

And the longer you are around them, you realize that this is a very durable culture. It will not change. The world will change, but 100 years into the future they will be exactly the same. This culture matched with China's rise to power on the world stage is very threatening, and rightfully so. The world is full of empathetic people who want to get along with each other, and they are a bee hive filled with drones. All other asians know this and open up about it and share thoughts exactly like what I and you have posted when you get to know them.
Great post.

Don't anyone get me wrong here but....white supremacy worldwide ? There is not another force on earth that can take on the Chinese but a huge collective of whites.

Clearly the answer is, as Terran states here daily, is too continue let immigrants pour in.

Last edited by blackzc; 03-31-2020 at 12:04 PM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote