Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 06:00 AM
20 Replies, 889 Views

Old 08-28-2015, 05:34 AM   #21
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
They aren't. Unfortunately. But...the game supports every Amiibo. They made 8bit art and sounds for over 50 different characters. Maybe we'll see that down the road in an update.
If I could only get my hands on a ZSSamus but Nintendo has to be fucking stupid about amiibo stock...
Old 08-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #22
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
If I could only get my hands on a ZSSamus but Nintendo has to be fucking stupid about amiibo stock...
ZSS isn't out in the US yet, but the Japanese imports are up and will only run you a few dollars extra. Think she's out with the wave dropping on the 11th in the US, alongside this game.

Amiibo stock has greatly improved over the last couple months, and they've been putting out reprints of the earlier, harder-to-find stuff. The rarer Amiibo shouldn't be so rare going forward.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #23
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

**Muffled Voice**
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Old 08-29-2015, 08:14 AM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Keep posting vids Pat, it looks less and less fun each one. Like I said, if I wanted to play SMB, I'd dig the NES out of the closet.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #25
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Keep posting vids Pat, it looks less and less fun each one. Like I said, if I wanted to play SMB, I'd dig the NES out of the closet.
Seems to keep drawing you into the thread
Old 08-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Seems to keep drawing you into the thread
What can I say, watching the slow train wreck of Nintendo's demise is somewhat fascinating.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:41 AM   #27
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
What can I say, watching the slow train wreck of Nintendo's demise is somewhat fascinating.
But this has nothing to do with Nintendo in general, and everything to do with this one game. No, I think you secretly have some major bone for Nintendo and their games. It's okay man, dont fight it! Get boned for some Super Mario Maker! I just pre-ordered it yesterday. 2 weeks, cant wait.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #28
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

Quote:
Sounds like you're kinda taking the vid posts personally, like they're aimed as propaganda towards you specifically, as opposed to this being a gaming news site where the community at large likes to see new vids of the games they're following. heh If a vid shouldn't be posted 'cause some particular individual might not be sold on a game by it, then Emab's gonna have a hell of a time generating content--at least without the help of Amazon associates.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:39 AM   #29
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post
Sounds like you're kinda taking the vid posts personally, like they're aimed as propaganda towards you specifically, as opposed to this being a gaming news site where the community at large likes to see new vids of the games they're following. heh If a vid shouldn't be posted 'cause some particular individual might not be sold on a game by it, then Emab's gonna have a hell of a time generating content--at least without the help of Amazon associates.
Not at all, I just think this title looks terrible to the nth degree, same with the Starfox rehash. Honestly I don't think Pat's doing the game any favors at all to be blunt.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #30
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Not at all, I just think this title looks terrible to the nth degree, same with the Starfox rehash. Honestly I don't think Pat's doing the game any favors at all to be blunt.
I doubt I'll influence their sales at all in one way or the other. Except with the single copy I've already purchased. What favors am I supposed to be doing? You've already expressed a disdain for this game. Clearly these videos are not meant for you. They're meant for anyone who's anticipating the games release in 2 weeks as much as I am.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. I keep resurrecting this thread for 2 other reasons. The excuse to use the Altered Beast line "Rise from your Grave" every time I pull it off of page 2 and because you seem to enjoy posting on this thread.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:51 PM   #31
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

I'm gonna buy seven copies just to offset all of the negativity in this thread.

I don't even own a Wii U.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #32
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post

I'm gonna buy seven copies just to offset all of the negativity in this thread.

I don't even own a Wii U.
Lol, let's give them all to SpectralThundr

Target Pre-order Bonus

Old 08-29-2015, 03:21 PM   #33
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post
ZSS isn't out in the US yet, but the Japanese imports are up and will only run you a few dollars extra. Think she's out with the wave dropping on the 11th in the US, alongside this game.

Amiibo stock has greatly improved over the last couple months, and they've been putting out reprints of the earlier, harder-to-find stuff. The rarer Amiibo shouldn't be so rare going forward.
You can't even pre-order her in the US. I have know a few ppl working retail and they are getting like 2 ZSS ffs.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #34
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
You can't even pre-order her in the US. I have know a few ppl working retail and they are getting like 2 ZSS ffs.
Amiibo pre-orders have been pretty limited in the US 'cause of the early sell outs. Some retailers aren't offering any pre-orders on this wave (Gamestop, for example), and others are doing it in limited stock. I know Target and Newegg both offered ZSS pre-orders this week and sold out pretty quick. Think the collectors are currently camping Walmart.com to wait for that pre-order window to open.

Looks like ZSS and Ganondorf are gonna be a pain for the gotta get 'em all people, unless you're willing to import. Still have to wait and see about stock, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she was massively understocked. Might have to wait for her to come around again otherwise. I ended up having to import Rosalina (I don't need 'em all, but she was high on my short list) after she sold out in like 15 minutes across the country. They just started offering reprints on her, which possibly indicates like a 6-7 month window on that process.

Can hit up https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo to follow pre-order and general availability, as well as info on when restocks hit. Been a pretty awesome resource for tracking this stuff. Decent number of retail people in there keeping people up to date.

I'm actually kinda hoping to snag a ZSS myself--though I prolly won't be crushed if I had to wait. Was gonna wait for the Newegg pre-orders... but they put them up like an hour after I checked, and they were sold out by the time I checked again just a few hours later. I'll toss you a PM if I stumble across an opportunity.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:59 PM   #35
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Thanks Thad. I also missed Rosalina and Lucina.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #36
Syl
Evil Dead

I already have a First4Figures Samus Varia Suit Model

So I feel that any sort of Samus Mii is kind of ridiculous considering I have one of (if not) the best models that exists currently.

Dammit I still want one.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:41 AM   #37
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
I already have a First4Figures Samus Varia Suit Model

So I feel that any sort of Samus Mii is kind of ridiculous considering I have one of (if not) the best models that exists currently.

Dammit I still want one.
I want that.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #38
Terran
Evil Dead

That's quite well done. How tall/wide is it? Doesn't say on the linked page that I could find.

Don't be that guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:18 AM   #39
Syl
Evil Dead

The base is 12 inches wide, and its 8 inches tall. So samus herself is a little smaller than that. (However the base is necessary to keep her upright considering the pose.)
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:48 PM   #40
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Tags
nintnedo, super mario maker, wii u