Today 02:07 PM
6,854 Replies, 1,518,525 Views

Old 04-12-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Ratchet & Clank Reviews (PS4) #RatchetandClank #PS4

IGN - 9.0/10

Quote:
Ratchet and Clank is a culmination of everything Insomniac has done with the series over the past 14 years. It takes the characters that we fell in love with long ago, and sets them off on their most gorgeous quest yet. The deep and rewarding weapon system, beautiful and varied worlds, and charming-as-heck story make it an adventure that anyone with a PlayStation 4 should strap in for.
USgamer - 4.5/5

Quote:
Ratchet and Clank is a terrific game that's a joy to play. It features exceptionally varied and interesting gameplay, from racing through dogfighting to puzzling - and, of course, plenty of platforming. Add to that an arsenal of truly entertaining weapons, excellent cutscenes, and superb graphics and sound, and you have a memorable game that represents a brilliant reboot for the series.
Game Informer - 8.25/10

Quote:
Ratchet & Clank has always been a showpiece of new-gen technology, and while this entryís environments look a little retro, the detail in the characters and the explosion of bolts and gears are legitimate spectacles. The colors pop, the worlds feel more alien, and the heart of the adventure is right where it needs to be: with explosions and rockets lighting up the screen like a Fourth of July fireworks celebration. When Ratchetís doing what he does best (blowing stuff up), this new experience sings its classic tune well.
GameSpot - 8/10

Quote:
Ratchet & Clank is every bit as dynamic and fun as the 2002 original. Itís endearing and entertaining, a veritable power fantasy fueled by rockets and carried by specialty gadgets. Re-introducing a classic franchise to a new generation is a difficult task indeed, but Ratchet & Clank is a shining example of how it can be done.
VideoGamer - 8/10

Quote:
Ratchet & Clank is an easy recommendation. It's great fun, looks lovely, plays well and almost serves as a palate cleanser to the usual video game releases. Newcomers to the series will likely find a fresher experience (even though it's a proper remake, familiarity does creep in), but fans will love what Insomniac has done here. A remake done right in a series that rarely puts a foot wrong.
GamesRadar - 4/5

Quote:
All told, the budget $40 / £28 price tag on Ratchet & Clank feels just right. It took me just over 8 hours to finish the main story, and I look forward to more hours spent chasing down weapon upgrades, collectible cards, and cheat-code-enabling Gold Bolts (with even more mileage awaiting those brave enough for the amped-up difficulty of the post-credits Challenge Mode). There are some minor things to gripe about: the last fifth of the game feels a little padded out, you're only afforded one save file, and the final boss is predictably frustrating (I imagine he'll give younger players fits). But the good far outweighs the bad, and after some experimental entries on the PS3, Ratchet & Clank is a entertaining return to form for the series. This is a reboot done right, recapturing everything that made the original great and making substantial improvements for a new generation.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #2
LostToys
Evil Dead

Will definitely be checking this one out over the summer. I am too busy at the moment playing other games to revisit the incredibly fun Ratchet & Clank.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Will definitely be checking this one out over the summer. I am too busy at the moment playing other games to revisit the incredibly fun Ratchet & Clank.
Same here. I will get it when I clean up some backlog, at least what I'm already playing.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insomniac games, ratchet & clank, scea