Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:37 PM   #22
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Oh I very much agree.
kekekeke

Yah, it's maybe not for EVERY human on the planet, but it's hard to argue Nintendo isn't doing something right lately. They're making good games and their hybrid console has proven there's a want in that space. I love it, personally. I took my Switch to work today. I just sit up in bed with it in handheld mode for 30 or so minutes most nights. It's a good console. Honestly, it's one of my favorite consoles ever, and supplements my PC perfectly. For me, for my interests, I personally really enjoy it - and am looking damned forward to that Animal Crossing in March.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:20 PM   #23
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
She hasn't touched the thing in weeks. Lack of shit even she wants to play. Can't say I didn't see that coming however. Btw obvious bitter fanboi is bitter.
If folks are having trouble finding Switch titles to keep them interested, I'd have to question whether or not they like gaming. It has the biggest, most varied library a Nintendo console has seen in years.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:56 PM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
If folks are having trouble finding Switch titles to keep them interested, I'd have to question whether or not they like gaming. It has the biggest, most varied library a Nintendo console has seen in years.
When you have a decent enough PC to run practically most things at high settings and PS4 Pro why settle for lesser ports of multi platform titles? Basically she bought the damn thing for the annual pokeman's game, which is fine, it was her money. Not going to tell her how to spend it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:43 AM   #25
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
When you have a decent enough PC to run practically most things at high settings and PS4 Pro why settle for lesser ports of multi platform titles? Basically she bought the damn thing for the annual pokeman's game, which is fine, it was her money. Not going to tell her how to spend it.
Well why doesn't she just play Pokemon on the PS4.....

oh.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:43 AM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Well why doesn't she just play Pokemon on the PS4.....

oh.
Or play any of Sony or MS's exclusives on the Swi.. Oh.. It works both ways.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:46 AM   #27
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Or play any of Sony or MS's exclusives on the Swi.. Oh.. It works both ways.
Yes.... yes it does work bothways.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:26 AM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yes.... yes it does work bothways.
Sure except Sony's are generally decent games. It's kinda interesting when we're at wally word or EB Games and 95% of the switch titles are some JRPG I've never heard of.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:10 AM   #29
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Sure except Sony's are generally decent games. It's kinda interesting when we're at wally word or EB Games and 95% of the switch titles are some JRPG I've never heard of.
Luigi's Mansion 3: 5.37 million units sold
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: 5.85 million units
Super Mario Party: 9.12 million units
Splatoon 2: 9.81 million units
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!: 11.76 million units
Pokémon Sword & Shield: 16.06 million units
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 16.34 million units
Super Mario Odyssey": 16.59 million units
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 17.68 million units
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 22.96 million units

Not a single unknown JRPG on the top 10 best-selling Switch games list, if familiarity is important. Not to mention Bayonetta 2+1 and many other AAA exclusives, then the countless quality indie titles like Golf Story, and the ability to play 3rd party fully mobile or on TV.

I don't know man....I can't feel what you're puttin' down. It's a quality system. Objectively. The Wii sucked, IMO. I'll be completely honest, even as a fan of Nintendo, if their consoles or their games are garbage. Just about everyone I know who has one, loves the Switch. I think it's their best console since the SNES.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Luigi's Mansion 3: 5.37 million units sold
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: 5.85 million units
Super Mario Party: 9.12 million units
Splatoon 2: 9.81 million units
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!: 11.76 million units
Pokémon Sword & Shield: 16.06 million units
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 16.34 million units
Super Mario Odyssey": 16.59 million units
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 17.68 million units
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 22.96 million units

Not a single unknown JRPG on the top 10 best-selling Switch games list, if familiarity is important. Not to mention Bayonetta 2+1 and many other AAA exclusives, then the countless quality indie titles like Golf Story, and the ability to play 3rd party fully mobile or on TV.

I don't know man....I can't feel what you're puttin' down. It's a quality system. Objectively. The Wii sucked, IMO. I'll be completely honest, even as a fan of Nintendo, if their consoles or their games are garbage. Just about everyone I know who has one, loves the Switch. I think it's their best console since the SNES.
I don't care about Nintendo IP, we've gone over this before, I'm not 9 anymore, Smash bros and Mario Kart were fun 20 years ago, those aren't titles I want to play anymore. She wants one of the Let's Go games but I keep telling her wait for a price drop since it's basically an app for the phone version of Pokeman anyway. And don't get me started on indie shit, navigating the Steam store is a nightmare these days with how cluttered it now is with tons of indie trash.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #31
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

My switch is currently in storage. Purchased originally to play Breath of the Wild and Mario vs. the Rabids during downtime at the office and ended up never getting played.

Not because there was no downtime at the office but because the atrocious form factor and because everything was so fucking small on the screen. Thicker and way more bulky than an iPad but with a screen teeny tiny with less than a fraction of the functionality. Since I am all grown up and drive and don't take a subway to work or a bus to school there's no time to play mobile and when I'm home there are far better consoles or the PC to play games on so it just sat there gathering dust till I finally packed it up two houses ago.

Now, years later, I got the super cool Skybound Ultimate Enhanced Collection of the Infinity Engine D&D games; Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights, Balders Gate 1, and 2 on the Switch because I have them on every other gatdamn platform and it seems like a good way to experience these again but, as I mentioned, my switch is in storage. So I buy a switch lite forgetting about how shitty the form factor is and how small everything will be.

Even zoomed in with the highest font setting I can barely read the text with my old eyes; what a waste of money and what a bunch of worthless hardware.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #32
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Funny I'm the opposite.. Xbox & PlayStation fan here. I could almost care less if I never played another game on a PC or Nintendo platform again.

Which is funny because 20 years ago I was a PC master race elitist snob. And an Amiga elitist snob 10 years before that.
I was a PC snob from 01 till about 2014. I cannot sit at a desk and game anymore, it feels weird and uncomfortable. Ill even go so far as to say using the same control method that is used by receptionist worldwide is just a tad bit ghetto

Im on a PC right now, its hooked to the tv. They are very useful, but the next time i get serious about a PC it will be for a racing rig. Which wont be very serious because racin games are easy to run.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #33
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
Oh you sure as hell should be. You can't shut up about how dumb anyone here spending money on Nintendo hardware or games is.

But, what the fuck were you doing spending *your own* money buying Xenoblade 2 for the Switch? I mean, you're the one telling us there is never any reason, redeeming qualities, or justification that can be made for any game ever on Nintendo hardware.

Who's eating the shit sandwich and blinded by brand loyalty now?
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #34
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

The Switch is one of the best consoles I've ever had. I'm on my 3rd run through (story arch) of Fire Emblem. That game a-fucking-lone.....let alone all the other countless great games I can play in bed, without the TV. Too good. Can't wait for that Animal Crossing to drop next month.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:59 PM   #35
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
Oh you sure as hell should be. You can't shut up about how dumb anyone here spending money on Nintendo hardware or games is.

But, what the fuck were you doing spending *your own* money buying Xenoblade 2 for the Switch? I mean, you're the one telling us there is never any reason, redeeming qualities, or justification that can be made for any game ever on Nintendo hardware.

Who's eating the shit sandwich and blinded by brand loyalty now?
Actually I didn't she bought it thinking it'd be something I'd play. And really why the fuck do you care what someone on a game forum that you don't even know does with their spare time? Seriously get the fuck over yourself. I still think the switch is underpowered and doesn't have much of stuff I want to play, which is the truth. That being said I'm not going to deny my wife enjoying some gaming, and if you have a problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you except get a fucking life dude.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:35 AM   #36
blackzc
Evil Dead

Spec, I know your playing your wife's switch bro. Lol.

The power shortage is annoying. Diablo is pretty rough, and slowdowns on botw are so depressing but it's got so many great games.

I originally said it would sell 100 million. Unless Nintendo has a couple more killer apps coming I don't think it will get there......But I won't be surprised at all if it does.

Actualy, what am I thinking.. It will.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:05 PM   #37
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
Actually I didn't she bought it thinking it'd be something I'd play.
Hey ... I'm just quoting you from the Console Gaming forum where you said: You caved, you got the wife a Switch as a gift, she requested it... "Happy wife = happy life" and all.

Regardless, based on all your past rhetoric about how you don't give a shit about Nintendo - I'd expect you to tell your wife not to get you anything. As you say, you're not going to eat a shit sandwich. It was her request and you were just being courteous. You bought her the Switch to keep harmony. You're not a monster - you just have personal principle and opinion. You're only going to play the highest quality version of any Multiplatform title. You'll likewise reject any platform exclusive games that don't meet your quality standards. And you've been crystal clear from the beginning that the Switch hardware is absolute junk - so you wouldn't be caught dead playing any game on the Switch regardless of who developed it. As shit hardware = shit graphics = shit game.

So I'd expect you to politely tell your wife to not get you anything for the Switch as you won't enjoy it. Again, why would you want to get involved with the Switch since you've been so vociferous about it.

Quote:
And really why the fuck do you care what someone on a game forum that you don't even know does with their spare time? Seriously get the fuck over yourself.
Oh Spectral. You're right, I wouldn't make a big deal over this from anyone else. Because everyone else can admit that yes -- despite Nintendo's choice of price point, which dictates lower end hardware and capabilities -- Nintendo games or exclusive 3rd party games designed for Nintendo hardware can still be fun and worth it. Fuck man, I mean, even Evil Avatar can admit this. That doesn't mean that you have to enjoy the games or, yourself, find value or worth in them -- but that for other people graphics isn't everything.

You've set yourself up as this very principled gamer that won't settle for anything but the best - which excludes *EVERYTHING* on the Switch because it's hardware is absolute junk. And you judge anyone that plays anything on Nintendo hardware as those choosing to eat a "shit sandwich" and "blinded by brand loyalty". But, yet, here you are in Console Gaming admitting to playing around with the Switch and picking up a Switch title for yourself. So, yea, of course I'm going to rip you a new one. You're the one that set your own standard so high.

Quote:
I still think the switch is underpowered and doesn't have much of stuff I want to play, which is the truth. That being said I'm not going to deny my wife enjoying some gaming, and if you have a problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you except get a fucking life dude.
Right, you're not a monster. You realize civility, consideration, and non-judgement of your wife's opinions and likes matters. You'd be an absolute asshole if you were to judge her as harshly as you do anyone here on Evil Avatar.

What that reveals though is you're just a toxic double standard douchbag fanboy, though. Among absolute worst of them.
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #38
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Spec, I know your playing your wife's switch bro. Lol.

The power shortage is annoying. Diablo is pretty rough, and slowdowns on botw are so depressing but it's got so many great games.

I originally said it would sell 100 million. Unless Nintendo has a couple more killer apps coming I don't think it will get there......But I won't be surprised at all if it does.

Actualy, what am I thinking.. It will.
Naw have been playing a ton of PS4 tho. Skyrim, Fallout 4, giving Horizon another chance. Her Switch hasn't been touched by either of us in a month.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
massive amounts of butt hurt
LOL what a pathetic fanboy you truly are. Show us on the dolly where Mario touched you inappropriately. Also drink your soy you sound like a whiny fag to be honest.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #40
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
And really why the fuck do you care what someone on a game forum that you don't even know does with their spare time? Seriously get the fuck over yourself.
This is just goddamned rich coming from you, of all people.

Tags
nintendo, spec bait, switch