Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Six years later, Star...
Last post by DrizziTx
Yesterday 09:41 PM
21 Replies, 1,286 Views
Picts - Waiting to...
Last post by vallor
Yesterday 09:19 PM
18,156 Replies, 2,924,014 Views
The Witcher Leading...
Last post by karaliusbronius
Yesterday 08:25 PM
13 Replies, 1,620 Views
It's Sunday: What NFL...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 03:28 PM
5 Replies, 315 Views
Thronebreaker: The...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 02:03 PM
5 Replies, 548 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 10:17 AM
8 Replies, 536 Views
Call of Duty Black Ops...
Last post by Booda
Yesterday 10:16 AM
12 Replies, 1,214 Views
Pure Evil - Weekend...
Last post by MechaDangerous
Yesterday 10:15 AM
1 Replies, 232 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #41
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashtego View Post
What? So now you argument is about the use of the phrase "bad behavior"? Is undesirable behavior better? You aren't allowing me to use the term "bad behavior" literally because others have twisted it's meaning? Honestly I hadn't thought twice about the phrase because I was unaware that it had been high-jacked.

Non-totalitarian societies define "bad behavior" as well. Civil societies (even the free-est and most democratic ones) have penal codes to deter "bad behavior", and blizzard has a reporting system to do the same. A professor who suppresses free speech is not a "totalitarian". A bad professor and potential criminal, yes, but not a totalitarian. Totalitarianism is a form of government whereby its subjects are required to be completely obedient to the state. Blizzard Entertainment defining "bad behavior" and punishing people has nothing to do with totalitarianism.



Just because a school takes federal money doesn't mean that it can't write it's own rules of conduct. There is no constitutional right to attend a private university. A private institution can (entirely legally) limit expression and expel anyone who violates that expression. You do not cede your constitutional rights by attending college, but a college has the right to enforce a behavior policy. Yes, the federal government can place restrictions on how money is used and can threaten to withhold money as a means of coercion, but these private institutions don't have to take money, they choose to do so. Hillsdale college is an example of a college that functions just fine without government funding.
There is a constitutional right to free speech. A professor limiting speech or pushing a progressive agenda is indeed authoritarian by it's very nature.

You sound like a brainwashed moron quite honestly.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:07 PM   #42
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashtego View Post
What? So now you argument is about the use of the phrase "bad behavior"? Is undesirable behavior better?
You have a problem with BEING QUOTED? Just like a liberal fundie, you use a term and assume that EVERYONE must agree with your parameters in defining it and then you argue about the term rather than the underlying point.

The point is everybody doesn't agree with how others define what is acceptable for people to think or say. And in fact, liberal leftist fundies for example use such slippery language to control what is allowable thought and action, because they are fascist fundamentalists. They've done that with the word "racism" among many others...lowered the bar to using the label (hell, you're a racist just because they said you are!), then raising the bar of its horrible nature after tagging you with the low-bar label so that you feel the full brunt of its unfair and undeserved impact.

Quote:
You aren't allowing me to use the term "bad behavior" literally because others have twisted it's meaning?
I don't care what TERMS you use, the reality is that many people, most of all fundie leftists, are looking to control what you say and think, regardless of what terminology they use to justify it.

Quote:
Non-totalitarian societies define "bad behavior" as well. Civil societies (even the free-est and most democratic ones) have penal codes to deter "bad behavior", and blizzard has a reporting system to do the same.
And American leftists are fundies who are all about deterring free thought and action while pretending it's not about control, it's about 'racism' or 'bad behavior' or 'justice,' or etc., etc., etc...

Fuck 'em. They're not interested in a free society, they're interested in controlling society.

Quote:
A professor who suppresses free speech is not a "totalitarian".
Yes they are, because they are in fact exercising autocratic powers, which is totalitarian.

Quote:
Blizzard Entertainment defining "bad behavior" and punishing people has nothing to do with totalitarianism.
Maybe, maybe not...depends upon how they implement it. It will most assuredly be abused by some for autocratic (i.e. totalitarian) purposes, to try to control others because too many people are snowflakes who think the world must bow to their sensitivities and sensibilities.

Quote:
Just because a school takes federal money doesn't mean that it can't write it's own rules of conduct
Again, INCORRECT. If the federal or state funding authority requires a change in an institution's policies they will FORCE that change through the threat of removal of funding, and they already prescribe many policies as a requirement of receiving funds. The Obama administration did this to great (lol, as in retarded) effect with Title IX being the vehicle to force universities to suspend basic constitutional rights of accused students leading to kangaroo courts ejecting students from school with no due process, no right to legal representation, no right to question their accuser, etc..over unsubstantiated sexual allegations.

Quote:
There is no constitutional right to attend a private university.
Private or public, you DO NOT cede your constitutional rights merely by enrolling in an institution. Well, that is, as long as you're not living under a Democrat administration using Title IX as a bludgeon to destroy you for unprovable accusations related to consensual sex.

Quote:
A private institution can (entirely legally) limit expression and expel anyone who violates that expression.
This is ridiculously stupid.

FIRE: Foundation for Individual Rights in Education.

You have MANY constitutional rights on campus...private or public, it does not matter.

Quote:
You do not cede your constitutional rights by attending college, but a college has the right to enforce a behavior policy.
You just contradicted your previous point. There are state, federal, and constitutional limits on how institutions run their campus. You should know this.

Quote:
Yes, the federal government can place restrictions on how money is used and can threaten to withhold money as a means of coercion, but these private institutions don't have to take money, they choose to do so.
Yes. That's my point. Thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:41 PM   #43
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead
 
Kreigmstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sunny, FL
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Nothing says provocative like 50's-era modesty!
Pin-up pictures go back farther than the 50's. And a lot of them were in lingerie or show boobs or a lot of skin. Doesn't compare to the free porn of today. But it was definitely considered sexist for the time. And replacing a "sexist" picture with a classic "sexist" picture is still a slap in the face. I personally don't feel like it's "giving in to the sjw's" as it was characterized earlier in this thread.
__________________
Gamertag: Kreigmstr
Kreigmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:13 AM   #44
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
There is a constitutional right to free speech.
And that constitutional right only extends as far as limiting the government from punishing people for exercising their freedom of speech.

Quote:
A professor limiting speech or pushing a progressive agenda is indeed authoritarian by it's very nature.
While this isn't necessarily incorrect, it also doesn't violate anyone's freedom of speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Lol if you think the new pose is more provocative given it's a side angle rather than a full on ass shot, you're smoking some great shit.
They replaced a pose people said was objectifying women with a pose taken directly from art that was intentionally designed to objectify women. Besides, her ass looked flat in the first one; the second one looks better, personally speaking.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:26 AM   #45
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
And that constitutional right only extends as far as limiting the government from punishing people for exercising their freedom of speech.
Incorrect. Your constitutional rights aren't only valid against government restrictions of them. They are also valid in preventing ANYONE from restricting them.

Quote:
While this isn't necessarily incorrect, it also doesn't violate anyone's freedom of speech.
Incorrect. I've already linked above to an organization whose entire foundational premise is the defense of free speech on campus against totalitarian/authoritarian professors who would unconstitutionally restrict said speech.

Quote:
They replaced a pose people said was objectifying women with a pose taken directly from art that was intentionally designed to objectify women.
Yes, but in changing it they did cave to the pressure to do so. I'd be interested to know if they actually owned the new pose as sexualized or if they were hoping that merely the appearance of caving would deflect the pressure from their corporation. If there's a link to a statement from them saying "Sure...here's a new pinup pose. Better?" or something like that I'd be impressed. Otherwise it looks to me like they wanted the best of both worlds; cave to the pressure, but get a little dig in on the way to caving.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:28 AM   #46
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Yes, but in changing it they did cave to the pressure to do so. I'd be interested to know if they actually owned the new pose as sexualized or if they were hoping that merely the appearance of caving would deflect the pressure from their corporation. If there's a link to a statement from them saying "Sure...here's a new pinup pose. Better?" or something like that I'd be impressed. Otherwise it looks to me like they wanted the best of both worlds; cave to the pressure, but get a little dig in on the way to caving.
From Jeff Kaplan, the Creative Director for Overwatch:

"We wouldnít do anything to sacrifice our creative vision for Overwatch, and weíre not going to remove something solely because someone may take issue with it. Our goal isnít to water down or homogenize the world, or the diverse cast of heroes weíve built within it. We have poured so much of our heart and souls into this game that it would be a travesty for us to do so."

It's the nice way of saying, "Sorry you didn't like the pose. Here's a new pose based on pinup art. Better?"
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #47
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It's the nice way of saying, "Sorry you didn't like the pose. Here's a new pose based on pinup art. Better?"
I love it. KUDOS to them for that politely phrased bitch slap.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #48
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
And that constitutional right only extends as far as limiting the government from punishing people for exercising their freedom of speech.



While this isn't necessarily incorrect, it also doesn't violate anyone's freedom of speech.



They replaced a pose people said was objectifying women with a pose taken directly from art that was intentionally designed to objectify women. Besides, her ass looked flat in the first one; the second one looks better, personally speaking.
You truly are an idiot who has no idea how the Constitution works.

SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard entertainment, overwatch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 AM.