Today 03:39 AM
17 Replies, 695 Views

Old 03-06-2018, 01:04 PM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
O_o

Yes. Warcraft TWO, released on December Of 1995, is a clone of Command And Conquer, released in August of 1995.

I really miss the way developers could whip up a game in three months back then. Especially a copy that could win more awards and sell over twice as many units as the game it “copied”.
Blizzard does nothing innovative, they just copy other devs, take longer to develop than most making the same game, and polish it. If it took a team 5 years to copy another RTS you would hope there'd be some polish. Blizzard and Valve imo are the two most overrated devs in the industry. If not the most they're both damn close.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #22
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I hope the rumors are true that Blizzard is either remastering Warcraft III or finally working on a sequel. I can't imagine they would leave that money on the table. Starcraft II does well for them, but obviously not good enough for them to put much time into it.

They put most of their effort into Diablo III, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm while kinda limping along with new WoW expansions for the die-hard leftovers.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:13 PM   #23
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I hope the rumors are true that Blizzard is either remastering Warcraft III or finally working on a sequel. I can't imagine they would leave that money on the table. Starcraft II does well for them, but obviously not good enough for them to put much time into it.

They put most of their effort into Diablo III, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm while kinda limping along with new WoW expansions for the die-hard leftovers.
They are bringing Diablo 3 over to the Switch, apparently.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #24
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Blizzard does nothing innovative, they just copy other devs, take longer to develop than most making the same game, and polish it. If it took a team 5 years to copy another RTS you would hope there'd be some polish. Blizzard and Valve imo are the two most overrated devs in the industry. If not the most they're both damn close.
I can't argue with that. That IS their strategy. But what's wrong with that? I mean, I'm not really a blizzard fan outside of appreciating their level of quality. But I think there is something to be said for being the guys who take an already established ideas and craft it better than anyone. Dyson didn't invent vacuums or hand driers, but man are theirs cool.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #25
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Blizzard and Valve imo are the two most overrated devs in the industry.
Half-Life is one of the most overrated series of all time. And don't get me started on the retarded platforming sections in a shooter. Screw that noise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard entertainment, starcraft, starcraft ii