Yesterday 08:44 AM
4 Replies, 667 Views

Old 04-18-2018, 08:27 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Rumor: Black Ops IIII might not have a SP campaign, Battle Royale mode by Raven

Quote:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 won’t have traditional single-player campaign

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 won’t include a traditional single-player story mode, according to sources with knowledge of the project’s status. The shift in creative direction will make Black Ops 4 the first mainline Call of Duty to ship without a standard campaign.

When reached for comment, an Activision spokesperson said, “We don’t comment on rumor and speculation. We look forward to revealing Black Ops 4 on May 17th.”

The sources, who asked for anonymity, said that as Black Ops 4’s release date approached, it became evident that development on the single-player campaign wouldn’t be completed. One source said Treyarch has since focused Black Ops 4’s development on expanding multiplayer and the series’ popular Zombies mode. The source described an emphasis on cooperative modes as a potential stand-in for the typical single-player campaign experience.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is scheduled for release on Oct. 12, 2018, on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. Activision will reveal more information on Black Ops 4 during a reveal on May 17, and is expected to share additional info this June at E3.
polygon.com

Quote:
Update: Kotaku has posted their own article stating their own sources have confirmed Polygon’s story about Black Ops 4 not having a single player campaign and it will indeed have a Battle Royale mode.
Quote:
Rumor: Raven Software possibly working on Battle Royale mode for Black Ops 4

Earlier today, Polygon reported that Treyarch has decided to scrap the campaign mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 once it became clear that they would not be able to have the campaign ready in time for the game’s launch in October.

charlieINTEL heard similar rumors last month from a tipster, and that same tipster also informed CI that Raven Software has reportedly been tasked with adding a Battle Royale mode to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 to fill the content gap of no campaign.

Earlier in March, an analyst suggested in a report that Activision plans to bring Battle Royale to Call of Duty at some point, saying Activision is fully aware of the popularity of Battle Royale modes.

Raven Software teased on Twitter in March that they are changing their artwork around in the office, stating more information is coming soon, and that could be related to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
charlieintel.com

Seems like kind of a huge mistake. One of the biggest draws of the previous game was including the remastered version of the Modern Warfare campaign. Having that single player storyline is what gives the weapons and settings their theme. Without that, it's just more generic deathmatch.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Hey look, another CoD that I'm not going to buy. Just like I've been waiting for the remaster of MW2 and they are taking multiplayer out of it so I won't be buying that either. Pretty disappointing.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
Hey look, another CoD that I'm not going to buy. Just like I've been waiting for the remaster of MW2 and they are taking multiplayer out of it so I won't be buying that either. Pretty disappointing.

Triple A games pretty much suck now.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #4
LostToys
Evil Dead

I never play the multi-player of a Call of Duty game, so this is a hard skip for me. But I doubt Activision really cares because a) I rent my games b) I don't buy DLC c) I don't keep their community alive which helps them sell more games.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #5
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Battle royal game mode alone might get me to buy it, it would be a step up from PUBG, and enough to perhaps hurt them in to making their game decent.

that being said no single player.......come on.... coop and single player are my favorite if done properly, part of why I like PUBG is the coop aspect with friends.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #6
Booda
Beam another Blast

Oh thank God for the BR mode!

Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

CoD was one of my favorite IPs. I used to take that week off of work. I haven't bought one this hardware gen. I just got burnt-out.

They have been selling multi only for 15 bucks for awhile. If they were selling single player or Spec Ops al a cart I might have been down with that. Hell there is 3 or 4 CoD SP campains I haven't played that I would gladly pay 15-20 USDs a pop for. Am I the only one who doesn't like the gameplay of CoD s zombie mode? If you have played Left 4 dead how to you enjoy a slower and boring plodding game?

If it was battle Royale instead of zombie or horde mode and still had a single player campaign that was set during the cold war I might be interested.

This whole hardware gen is crap. Too many HD remakes. To much over hyped and under delivered triple a games. Miro transactions. Most indie games are ported mobile games or another retro style platformer.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:14 AM   #8
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Wtf is IIII? stupid title.

Also, not into the competitive MP scene so this is an easy skip. Don't know why they would do this.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:00 AM   #9
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Sorry to hear it. I can't blame Activision for wanting to get in on the BR craze, but the campaigns are a huge part of what makes for a good CoD title. I'd say replace the zombie mode with BR and you may be onto something. I like the Zombie mode. But I only play each map a few times and head back to PvP, because it's more fun shooting other players than zombies.

This year's WWII based CoD is very good. The solo campaign was well done and multiplayer is wire tight, if you like fast paced competitive shooters.

I would prefer to see Blizzard do a BR title. They would be the best bet on making it stand out vs the competition.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #10
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Huh? Gone Home is about realizing you're gay?
Old 04-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #11
VideoMike101
Dread Lord

This will be Evil's favorite game.
VideoMike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #12
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

The single player campaigns in Black Ops 1 &2 were some of the best in all of the Call of Duty franchise. This is a huge mistake IMHO
Old 04-18-2018, 05:46 PM   #13
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Jesus View Post
The single player campaigns in Black Ops 1 &2 were some of the best in all of the Call of Duty franchise. This is a huge mistake IMHO
ALL of the Cod games had great SP IMO. I'll never forget the first one, just spectacular.

Im sure it will really help their production costs ripping out the SP campaign. It couldn't have anything to do with that, right?

SMH
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #14
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
ALL of the Cod games had great SP IMO. I'll never forget the first one, just spectacular.

Im sure it will really help their production costs ripping out the SP campaign. It couldn't have anything to do with that, right?

SMH
CoD 3 the one an Australian team did was the only one I didn't finish of the ones I played. I didn't care for that one .
If you include the big red one it was like the 4th WW2 one in a row which might have had something to do with it.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoMike101 View Post
This will be Evil's favorite game.
I already like that I saved $60.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:12 PM   #16
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

personally I'd love to see a story driven battle royal single player game, with heavy stealth elements and survive element.

Always thought it was a shame, one with dynamic characters that could betray you or help you, npcs that had their own A.I and choices.

Along with randomly placed items around the world and enemies.

You might have a shot gun, you might have a combat knife, and the island is full of other NPC's who are also randomly armed.

a triple A dev could pull it off, but everyone just passes singleplayer.

the potential for story rich battle royal is insane not to jump on.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:50 AM   #17
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Triple A games pretty much suck now.
But this game is quadruple I.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:17 AM   #18
Booda
Beam another Blast

Battlefield V battle royale prototype in the works at DICE

Anyone else wanna throw their hat in the BR bullshit arena or does that have it about covered now?
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:08 AM   #19
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Battlefield V battle royale prototype in the works at DICE

Anyone else wanna throw their hat in the BR bullshit arena or does that have it about covered now?
The EvAv forums should go BR now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
But this game is quadruple I.
Hah!
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black ops 4