Kalypso Media has released a double-dose of news about Omerta – City of Gangsters today. First up is the Xbox 360 demo, which features two levels from the game. Next up comes word of a free content update. Haemimont Games has been listening to the community and are working on an update due out within 4-8 weeks.
as you may have noticed we have gone a bit silent over the recent days while we were busy collecting and evaluating your feedback and suggestions for the future of Omerta.
The result is an interim list of features which we are planning to provide via a free content update (PC and Xbox) for the game:
- New maps for multiplayer and sandbox modes
- Enemy gang for sandbox mode, operating independently and taking over businesses - can both attack the player and be attacked by the player
- Customizable game settings and goals for sandbox games
- Economy overview panel for current businesses with their efficiency, profit, ect.
- Visual representation of individual business types on the strategic map via icons
- Additional difficulty setting and "Iron Man" option (saving progress in strategic mode disabled)
- Massive overhaul of cover mechanics in turn-based combat
- Introduction of multiplayer chat and several other minor fixes/changes
Our goal is to make these features available some time between 4 and 8 weeks from now and I will report back with our progress regularly. As stated, the above list is still work-in-progress and subject to further additions and changes.
THANK YOU Haemimont and Kalypso for support this game! I pre-ordered it, then immediately regretted it based on the bad reviews. I finally broke down and tried it, and found it is NOT a bad game, but definitely needs more work and polish. Now if only you had been able to do that PRIOR to release, you'd be golden!
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.