RetroN 77 REVIEW - Pros...
Last post by GinRummy
Yesterday 07:37 PM
1 Replies, 170 Views

Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced

Activision has announced the next generation of Call of Duty with Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Quote:
"Infinity Ward set the gold standard for first-person action for a generation, and they're going to do it again with Call of Duty: Ghosts," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. "Ghosts delivers an all-new story, all-new characters, an all-new Call of Duty world, all powered by a next generation Call of Duty engine, which is a leap forward for the franchise. Infinity Ward is going all-in to create the next generation of Call of Duty worthy of the world's greatest fans."

"Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we're not resting on our laurels," said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward. "We saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we're building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players. We can't wait to share them with our community."
Click on the headline to read the entire press release.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Santa Monica, CA - May 1, 2013 - Prepare for the next generation of Call of Duty®. The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty®: Ghosts. Published by Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI), and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the seminal Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® series, Call of Duty: Ghosts ushers in the next generation of the franchise. The new title delivers a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast of characters, all powered by a new, next generation Call of Duty engine that redefines the series for the next generation.

"Infinity Ward set the gold standard for first-person action for a generation, and they're going to do it again with Call of Duty: Ghosts," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. "Ghosts delivers an all-new story, all-new characters, an all-new Call of Duty world, all powered by a next generation Call of Duty engine, which is a leap forward for the franchise. Infinity Ward is going all-in to create the next generation of Call of Duty worthy of the world's greatest fans."

"Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we're not resting on our laurels," said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward. "We saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we're building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players. We can't wait to share them with our community."

To see an exclusive first look at Call of Duty: Ghosts tune in to Xbox: the Next Generation Revealed on May 21 at 10AM PDT on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE or SPIKE TV for the debut of the all-new game from Infinity Ward.

"We are consistently thrilled with the overwhelming response received from critics and consumers alike to the Call of Duty series, which has firmly established its home on the Xbox 360 with the game's largest and most engaged community," said Don Mattrick, president of the interactive entertainment business at Microsoft. "With Call of Duty: Ghosts, we have no doubt that our longtime partners, Activision and Infinity Ward, will raise the bar higher than ever before for this incredible franchise."

Starting today, fans can begin pre-ordering their copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts at retail outlets worldwide.

"There's no other video game property like Call of Duty. It's the biggest game franchise on the planet that has had some of the biggest game entertainment launches in history," said Tony Bartel, president of GameStop. "We are very excited for the launch of Call of Duty: Ghosts, as we transition to next generation consoles."

Call of Duty: Ghosts will release on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC on November 5. Call of Duty: Ghosts will also be available for next generation platforms. For the latest intel, check out: www.callofduty.com/ghosts, www.facebook.com/CODGhosts, or follow on Twitter @InfinityWard. Call of Duty: Ghosts is not yet rated.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
sethman75
Lord

In other shocking news, the sun comes up every morning.

I love the fact that the first paragraph mentions "new" 3 times.
sethman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Spacebear
dold everywhere else

I'll be curious how they differentiate Ghosts from Modern Warfare, but my gut says they won't be very different at all.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

They keep saying its a new engine... Probably just the same one. Wont be impressed.
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

That trailer was nothing but cheese. The Ghost mask in the end... wow. lol.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Vulture
Evil Dead

You mean this is not the COD Sarah Kerrigan FPS game?

Instead we get MOTS. vastly recycled and farmed. These guys should get an award for being so Green.
Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
BleedTheFreak
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
In other shocking news, the sun comes up every morning.

I love the fact that the first paragraph mentions "new" 3 times.
It was the word "all" that was giving me fits... Sheesh. Try a thesaurus.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Well, at least it's a next gen title as well. At least Activision is not stupid enough to release a last gen only title in the last year of a gen. That's fine for new IPs to do, but not for game # 12 or something in a yearly franchise.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
PSPfreak
Banned

I might be curious to try it to see how COD fares with the next gen... except as of this moment I have zero interest in picking up a next-gen console at all.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #11
SaintBlitzkrieg
On Hiatus For Awhile

You know, that the big microtransaction for this game is going to be mask skins for your character. I am willing to bet you will see classic masks (or something similar due to legal issues) such as Jason's mask, or Halloween's mask... Freddy's mask. Vega maybe...
SaintBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #12
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Can't wait! 5 out of 5 stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post

Can't wait! 5 out of 5 stars.
Now THAT I might actually actually play!
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activision, call of duty: ghosts, infinity ward