Animator From The First...
Last post by LostToys
Today 01:46 PM
23 Replies, 1,945 Views
» Promotion

Old 01-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Halo Boss on Project Scorpio Specs: "Beefier Than I Expected" #Xbox #ProjectScorpio

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
2017 is going to be a big year for the Xbox brand. Microsoft will release its Project Scorpio console during the holiday, a system that Microsoft claims is the most powerful ever made. Now, Halo boss Frank O'Connor has weighed in on the system.

Writing on NeoGAF (via another NeoGAF thread), O'Connor said he hasn't paid a whole lot of attention to the specifics but teased that the specs are "beefier" than he expected.

O'Connor had this to say: "Haha, although I probably 'know' [what Project Scorpio's specs are] in that I might have seen it in a slide or something, it's literally not something I have time to think about now and I actually couldn't remember whatever specs I've been exposed to even if I was tortured.

"I literally couldn't leak or answer a question that went beyond, 'Can I do this? Does it support that? How many of these could it render?' What I do remember is that it's beefier than I expected."

No new Halo games for Project Scorpio have been announced. But given that Halo is one of Microsoft's biggest and best-known franchises, it can be assumed that more games in the series are in the works. In fact, O'Connor said last year that Halo 6 is in the planning stages. He also teased that Halo 6, or whatever the game might be called, could have split-screen after Halo 5 controversially left it out.

Project Scorpio is set to have 6 teraflops of performance. It will be significantly more powerful than Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro, according to Microsoft.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

That guy should hang out here instead of posting on that cesspool NeoGAF.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

No, you don't want him here. There's not enough room to add his ego along with some of the others we've got. He's a one ego sort of guy.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:12 AM   #4
steved
Soul Reaper

"I havent really paid attention to it but its cooler than I thought"

Zero information value.

"I work on Microsoft's flagship IP. Microsoft's new flagship console is awesome!"

O RLY.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:14 AM   #5
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
That guy should hang out here instead of posting on that cesspool NeoGAF.
is that sarcasm?

You see how the developers we have here now are treated, right? Go check the Eternal Darkness thread if you forgot.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:52 AM   #6
shadow763
Lord of Woe

I wonder how that power will be utilized.....since the games need to run on both versions of the Xbox One. Seems like it will be the same situation as the PS4. You just get better fps, higher native res, and some nice anti-aliasing thrown in here and there.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:11 AM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think the issue is that all the power in the world won't make Halo into a good game again. MS has been really lagging behind in terms of quality games. They spent ungodly amounts of money on game studios when the X1 and 360 were getting off the ground and now they are just coasting and letting 3rd party studios do everything.

Halo was bland, Gears of War was ultra-bland and what else do they have???

I'm looking forward to this system for the multiplatform titles, but I know that Sony will still beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker in terms of great quality exclusives even without all that power.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #8
dirtbag
El Matador

I think he handled himself well in that thread. It didn't seem to ruffle his feathers too badly.
dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
I think he handled himself well in that thread. It didn't seem to ruffle his feathers too badly.
No, but this group has still managed to chase off pretty much every single developer who dares open their mouth and reveal who they are.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:10 AM   #10
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
is that sarcasm?

You see how the developers we have here now are treated, right? Go check the Eternal Darkness thread if you forgot.
Let us also not forget the recent thread where one of the devs from Titanfall 2 was chatting and WAS a contributor to other threads until someones petty vitriol drove him away. People can't have logical, troll free discussions on the internet unless heavily moderated. Moral: Humans must fear punishment for them to be good little boys and girls. Believe you are different all you want but that would just make you wrong. I often put myself in the group too btw, it's just so easy to give the digital middle finger to people that it is sometimes hard to resist.
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #11
DeluxE
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I think the issue is that all the power in the world won't make Halo into a good game again. MS has been really lagging behind in terms of quality games. They spent ungodly amounts of money on game studios when the X1 and 360 were getting off the ground and now they are just coasting and letting 3rd party studios do everything.

Halo was bland, Gears of War was ultra-bland and what else do they have???

I'm looking forward to this system for the multiplatform titles, but I know that Sony will still beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker in terms of great quality exclusives even without all that power.
Hmmm.

Your Sony bias is preventing you from looking at this rationally. Aside from Uncharted, and let's be generous, The Last Guardian, what big Sony exclusives were you excited about last year? Even if you didn't care for them, Microsoft produced Dead Rising, Quantum Break, ReCore, Gigantic, Gears and Forza.

Were you really into Rachet and Clank or something? No Man Sky? Why would you possibly think Sony has better exclusives?

Maybe because for 3 years in a row Sony has promised huge line-ups that have failed to materialize. I own both machines. I want good games to come to the PS4! Last year the only AAA title I bought for the machine was Uncharted. It gathers dust in my entertainment centre while my X1 gets used every. Damn. Day.

That's at least in part because the machine supports video streaming, supports video and music files played off USB keys, offers the easiest navigation system, (voice commands that actually work beyond gimmicks) and allows me to store all my games on a 4 TB external drive via USB. I wish my PS4 offered half of those features! Instead, it gives me slower downloads, no background updating, an inferior online experience and fewer big exclusive titles. Yesterday I decided to purchase Thumper based on good reviews from friends... One hour after mandatory system updates, I could finally start downloading the game, a small title that weighs in at around 1.7 Gigs... that took 40 minutes to download! In the end, I didn't even play the damn game - I switched over to my X1 and watched a movie off a memory stick instead.

I still play Halo 5, (Warzone Firefight is awesome!) and eagerly await Halo Wars 2, Halo 6, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and indies like State of Decay 2, Cuphead, Below, etc.

I'm also looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn soon, and hopefully Days Gone, new Last of Us, God of War 4 and the Uncharted spin-off. But I've been burned so many times by Sony, (while Microsoft has delivered MOST of the big games they promised) it's hard not to disbelieve them.
DeluxE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microsoft, project scorpio, xbox