Nintendo Will Launch A...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 04:06 PM
20 Replies, 1,369 Views
» Promotion

Old 01-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Entirely Optional, BioWare Reveals #MassEffect

MCV has the story.

Quote:
Mass Effect Andromeda’s multiplayer mode will have stronger ties to the game’s overall story, but will be entirely optional, Bioware has revealed. In an interview with Kotaku Australia, Bioware producer Mike Gamble spoke about how the game’s multiplayer mode will differ from Mass Effect 3.

Exact details about what the multiplayer mode will entail are still thin on the ground, but players will be glad to hear that they won’t be required to play it in order to get the most out of the main story. In Mass Effect 3, players were encouraged to try the game’s multiplayer mode in order to improve their overall readiness reading, which determined how many characters survived the last battle. Mass Effect Andromeda’s multiplayer, however, isn’t required to finish the main story.

"There's a system that we use called the Strike Team system, and fundamentally it allows you to go between singleplayer and multiplayer within the game," Gamble stated. "And it's packaged around a meta-story of what's going on in Helios."

The meta-story can also be finished without participating in multiplayer missions.

"I can tell you that there's a loading screen - it's not entirely seamless - but it won't require you to stop your game and restart in a different mode. Because narratively it's all connected, it makes a lot of sense,” Gamble added.

Gamble also shed some light on Andromeda’s PC performance. He said the game will ship with an unlocked framerate, and there will also be support for ultra-wide resolution monitors.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
Anemone
Evil Dead

Uh, that they have to assure us of this is already alarming.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
RoflusPrime
Reaper

Well, it is an interview that focused on the multiplayer aspects of the game. Considering that was quite a bit of initial complaining regarding ME:3 having multiplayer (you know, the usual, why throw multiplayer in my single player game, you are ruining everything, etc. etc.) it isn't a huge surprise they are specifically pointing this out. We don't remember much in the way of initial complaints regarding the existence of multiplayer because it ended up not being a tacked-on mess and the negative focus was soon drowned out by the whole ending fiasco.

ME3's co-op multiplayer was a refreshing surprise that I think was pretty well executed overall. I may have ended up playing it more than than the single player mode since it was a lot of fun to play with friends.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:18 PM   #4
Anemone
Evil Dead

That's because everyone's instant fear would be them trying to turn ME into a vs mode-only cash cow ala Call of Duty in space.

Eventually everyone figured out they couldn't replicate the success of WoW, and then they had to learn that CoD was its own phenomenon too.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
screwyluie
Evil Dead

the older I get the less social I am. screw multiplayer in a single player game, if I want to listen to some twat trash talk my mom I'll start up a game for that.

damn kids, get off my lawn!
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:25 PM   #6
subroc
Dread Lord

I'm looking forward to the multiplayer more than the story mode. ME3 multiplayer was my perfect chill out after work game and my play time was a shade under 500 hours.

It wasn't the deepest game out there, but man it was fun experimenting with different classes/races/guns/gear/skills and going in and just wrecking shit.
subroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:13 AM   #7
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
the older I get the less social I am. screw multiplayer in a single player game, if I want to listen to some twat trash talk my mom I'll start up a game for that.

damn kids, get off my lawn!
One of the first things I learn how to do in MP is mute people, makes it a much more enjoyable experience. Kinda like the ignore list on EvAv, ignorate trolls don't deserve any attention, it's all they are looking for anyway.
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Uh, that they have to assure us of this is already alarming.
Yeah. Seems strange.

I guess maybe they are commenting on the rise of Dark Souls-esque games where multiplayer is part of the single player experience.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ea games, mass effect: andromeda