New Splinter Cell...
Last post by brandonjclark
Yesterday 07:38 PM
5 Replies, 600 Views
» Promotion

Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Ben Affleck Confirms He Will Direct The Batman, Says He's "Working on it" #Batman

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
Ben Affleck has confirmed that he will direct the standalone Batman movie, and that the script is still being worked on. There have been recent rumours that the film's production may have moved back, and that Affleck might not even direct, but he has now stated that he will definitely helm the movie.

Appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to promote his new movie Live By Night, Affleck said: "I'm going to direct the next Batman. We're working on it. It's one of those things that's really frustrating because like Live by Night took me a year-and-a-half to write it and get it ready. And I worked really hard. It's just nobody gave a s**t! Nobody was like, 'Where's Live by Night?'

"But with Batman I keep on getting, 'Where's the f**king Batman?!' And I'm like, 'Whoa, I'm working! Give me a second!'"
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Na Na Na Na Na, Batfleck!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

Really enjoyed the Accountant. A bit like a John Wick thing going there. Fun film. Affleck is actually a pretty talented guy.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
Chief Smash
Enjoyed the Prequels

Okay this might sound stupid but he needs to stop letting his mouth hang open. It makes Batman look kind of stupid.

Otherwise I think he's the best Batman we've had.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
Anemone
Evil Dead

Will this nightmare never end. I'm convinced Affleck will never make a classic Batman film. He does not have it in him.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
Booda
Beam another Blast

The only two films I've ever enjoyed Affleck being involved in were Mallrats & Gone Girl. Other than that, I personally find him extremely overrated.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Okay this might sound stupid but he needs to stop letting his mouth hang open. It makes Batman look kind of stupid.

Otherwise I think he's the best Batman we've had.
Yeah, because Christian Bale certainly didn't walk around like a mouth-breather during his last two Batman films...

Nope. Not at all.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Chief didn't say that Bale didn't do the same; he merely said he thought Affleck should stop doing it.

I do agree with Chief that Affleck is the best Batman portrayed on the big screen thus far.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Chief didn't say that Bale didn't do the same; he merely said he thought Affleck should stop doing it.
Perhaps I jumped the gun, primarily because most criticism of Affleck's portrayal is immediately followed up with some hurrdurr statement about Bale being teh bezt Batmans evar.

I hardly noticed any Batfleck mouthbreathing. Bale's mouthbreathing, on the other hand, became increasingly distracting throughout TDK and TDKR; between the ridiculous voice and the slack-jawed breathing, I stopped being able to take this version of the character seriously years ago.

Quote:
I do agree with Chief that Affleck is the best Batman portrayed on the big screen thus far.
I'd never disagree with this sentiment. He's easily my favorite and he clearly gives a shit about the role. Hell, I walked out of BvS excited for Suicide Squad...purely for the Batman cameo. I didn't care about the rest of the movie; I just wanted to see more of this version of Batman.

I'm anxiously awaiting The Batman.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #10
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I'd never disagree with this sentiment. He's easily my favorite and he clearly gives a shit about the role.
Yeah, I was just giving my 2 cents regarding Affleck's Batman. I agree that he seems to actually care about the role. I have high hopes for the standalone Batman film.

Quote:
I hardly noticed any Batfleck mouthbreathing. Bale's mouthbreathing, on the other hand, became increasingly distracting throughout TDK and TDKR; between the ridiculous voice and the slack-jawed breathing, I stopped being able to take this version of the character seriously years ago.
I noticed it in both, but wasn't really bothered by either version doing it. I wonder if the cowl makes it a little difficult for the actor to breathe through their nose or something.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
I agree that he seems to actually care about the role.
And Silicon Knights cared about Too Human, didn't stop it from bombing.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #12
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Shouldn't you get back to trying to have sex with your Bloodborne disc?
Old 01-10-2017, 04:06 PM   #13
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Affleck's take on Batman has already been seen, with the character obviously being subject to his input in BVS. You've personally posted about Affleck's influence on the current portrayal of Batman. I'm not sure why you're so up in arms over Affleck. Did he promise you a reach around and not deliver or something?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
I will say however, fuck Ben Affleck as batman, that ruins the whole damn movie already. The only possible worse casting of batman from my perspective would be James goddamn Franco--I'd definitely skip the movie then. As things stand it's already on the edge, and put me down as hating the Affleck casting permanently. He's got a maaaajor bar to jump to come anywhere near past batmans, and I can't imagine him pulling it off. In no way shape or form should a pretty boy with no edge be cast as batman, ever.
Quote:
Affleck is a girlyman, wtf Snyder?

First batman movie to flop.
Quote:
I gave it [BVS] a 7.9/10, with points lost for casting Affleck.
Points lost for casting Affleck. Of course, then you said this:
Quote:
Quote:
He [Affleck] did a great job as both Bruce Wayne and Batman.
As much as I hate to admit it, he did. Credit where credit is due.
Yes, you lowered the score you awarded the film because they cast an actor whom you agreed did a great job as both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

I'm not sure I've witnessed someone so upset over a performance that they viewed as great.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:07 PM   #14
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
Shouldn't you get back to trying to have sex with your Bloodborne disc?
That's cute, do you have any other such amusing Bloodborne anecdotes? I honestly find it amusing that you have latched onto that as your thing that you want to keep harping on as if anyone cared except you.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #15
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
I'm not sure I've witnessed someone so upset over a performance that they viewed as great.
It should be saying something that I gave him props for that even though I was so predisposed to not want to see him portray Batman.

I still don't want to see him portray Batman further, despite him being a bright-spot in that otherwise odd movie.

And I have said before that he skated in that film because the focus was not on him, and I do not think he will be able to pull off a Batman-centric movie where he has to carry the whole film.

GL Affleck, I hope you fail. I still think pretty boys should not play Batman.

Christian Bale played the best Batman ever, IMO, as batman. Affleck probably plays Bruce Wayne better than Bale did or could, but in pure batman terms I would give it to Bale. Plus those plots will never be equalled, just superior films all around to anything Affleck is likely to produce.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #16
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
It should be saying something that I gave him props for that even though I was so predisposed to not want to see him portray Batman.
If you were anything approaching consistent, it would.

Quote:
I still don't want to see him portray Batman further, despite him being a bright-spot in that otherwise odd movie.
So, you took points away from your personal score for the film because the so-called "bright-spot" was played by someone you dislike.

Quote:
And I have said before that he skated in that film because the focus was not on him, and I do not think he will be able to pull off a Batman-centric movie where he has to carry the whole film.
As quoted, you also stated a belief that he could never pull off playing the role at all. As I've told you before, time will tell.

Quote:
GL Affleck, I hope you fail. I still think pretty boys should not play Batman.
"I think Affleck was a great Batman but shouldn't play Batman."

Did Affleck pull a fast one on you Superman-style?

Quote:
Christian Bale played the best Batman ever, IMO, as batman. Affleck probably plays Bruce Wayne better than Bale did or could, but in pure batman terms I would give it to Bale. Plus those plots will never be equalled, just superior films all around to anything Affleck is likely to produce.
Nolan's Batman films centered around a Batman trying to give up the mantle. This has been covered. You were unable to even follow the plot offered in the Nolan films that you apparently loved.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #17
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
That's cute, do you have any other such amusing Bloodborne anecdotes? I honestly find it amusing that you have latched onto that as your thing that you want to keep harping on as if anyone cared except you.
Would you rather I instead focus on the fact you're completely clueless, inept and rarely have any legitimate knowledge about any given topic you attempt to discuss?
Old 01-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #18
Chief Smash
Enjoyed the Prequels

Quote:
Yeah, because Christian Bale certainly didn't walk around like a mouth-breather during his last two Batman films...

Nope. Not at all.
What? No, I really like Affleck as Batman. But he's always left his mouth hanging open. It's just something he does and it makes Batman look silly at times. As for Bale, I really liked those movies and I like Bale as an actor. But I have to admit that he really didn't deliver on the role at all as far as my tastes go. I thought he was going to be a perfect Batman and he wasn't very good. It was all of the surrounding players that I liked.

I was just nitpicking a bit. I loved the whole "Do you bleed?" scene in BvS and the one tiny detail that bothered me was that Batman had his mouth hanging open at the time. It somehow makes him look less intimidating. Still, that scene really worked for me.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #19
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Would you rather I instead focus on the fact you're completely clueless, inept and rarely have any legitimate knowledge about any given topic you attempt to discuss?
Yes, because that would make you look even more ridiculous. Please do.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #20
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Good, he is a very talented director and actor. His portrayal of Batman was my favorite by far.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, ben affleck, dc comics