53 Replies, 2,652 Views
Speedcross Update Coming...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 12:05 PM
2 Replies, 428 Views

Old 03-01-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Guardians of the Galaxy Sequel Delivers Kurt Russell!

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:19 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Damn! That music! Morning Wood all over the place!

I know us old guys say it all the time, but they really don't make music like they did in the good old days. When musicians were really musicians and not just singers with an elevator music synth in the background on a loop.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #4
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Damn! That music! Morning Wood all over the place!

I know us old guys say it all the time, but they really don't make music like they did in the good old days. When musicians were really musicians and not just singers with an elevator music synth in the background on a loop.
Definitely!! This one looks fun as hell, too!
IGXGamingTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

Am I alone in hoping that he was going to be in character as Snake Pliskin?

It was a long shot...

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

This looks fun and I'm 100% sold on Kurt Russell. Guardians of the Galaxy is the best thing Disney/Marvel Studios has going. I'm dreading when they tie these characters in with the Avengers back on Earth. There's so much more creative freedom and originality here. And the stars aren't overrated, overpaid liberal hacks.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #7
ministryofwrath
Soul Reaper

Sweet, nice to see one of the old action icons making a appearance
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:24 PM   #8
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

When I first heard of this franchise I thought it was the stupidest thing in the world to be making a movie of... right up to the first trailer.

The first movie is probably my favorite out of all the 2nd phase Marvel movies with Ant Man a close 2nd. Not even Civil War which I thought was relevant and has my personal fav hero, Captain America.

I can't see anything coming up that I expect to knock GoG2 off the top of the heap either and adding Kurt Russell? Genius! He's probably one of the few "goto" b-action stars which has actually matured properly to still become a pretty cornerstone actor when you need that older rough and tumble guy. Him and Jeff Bridges I guess. But I still like Russell over Bridges cause I have a hard time understanding Bridges when he turns on the "gruff old man voice" and Russell has the comedic flair Bridges is often missing. Where Arnold, Stallone, Willis, and company would always overshadow Russell in the past now he's perfect in the roles where they'd just be a joke these days.

With all the build up to the infinity gauntlet and all the heroes involved I'm not sure it can be done in one movie but I hadn't heard it was going to be a trilogy or anything. Has anyone heard any different?

Can you imagine smashing all the avengers, all the guardians, all the solo heroes into one movie and trying to be fair to all the characters in all the arenas where they'd shine? That means a magical aspect for Strange, a space aspect for the Guardians, a dimensional and world shattering aspect for the avengers and Thor (depending on how they treat Thor)? They can barely do that with the Avengers already. Throw all those world ending scenarios into one movie and it's going to blur.

Last edited by vallor; 03-01-2017 at 09:34 PM..
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:56 PM   #9
Skunk
Evil Dead

I honestly feel like the "lesser known" Marvel IPs like Guardians and Ant-Man are making for way more entertaining films than the "heavies" like Iron Man and Capt America.

This looks great... they are doing everything right with their pitch.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:51 PM   #10
paragondk1
Dread Lord

Perhaps I should watch Ant Man again. I fell asleep to it over several nights of watching. It was just there. What am I missing?

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy.
paragondk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #11
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragondk1 View Post
What am I missing?
One of my toys makes an appearance in the final fight scene.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:26 AM   #12
Scherge
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragondk1 View Post
Perhaps I should watch Ant Man again. I fell asleep to it over several nights of watching. It was just there. What am I missing?
In my opinion, "Ant Man" had the exact same problem the first "Iron Man" movie had: Great first half, excellent character introduction and origin story... and then they just create an anti-Iron/Ant Man, have the two duke it out, and it's a wrap. Also, both showdowns were a bit anti-climatic, demonstrated by the hilarious, but still somewhat pathetic train "crash".

Guardians was great, although I still can't quite see it as a Marvel (or even super-hero) movie, so I AM a bit worried about Marvel merging the two universes later on. This is something I'll definitely get the wife to see on the big screen, though - something we failed to do with "Doctor Strange"...
Old 03-02-2017, 07:09 AM   #13
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Can you imagine smashing all the avengers, all the guardians, all the solo heroes into one movie and trying to be fair to all the characters in all the arenas where they'd shine? That means a magical aspect for Strange, a space aspect for the Guardians, a dimensional and world shattering aspect for the avengers and Thor (depending on how they treat Thor)? They can barely do that with the Avengers already. Throw all those world ending scenarios into one movie and it's going to blur.
The answer to your concerns is "Thanos" and "Infinity Stones".

There's already plenty of crossover between the science and magical aspects of the MCI; the "microverse" seen in Ant-Man is one of the places Doctor Strange is thrown through during his introduction to the way the universe actually works. In other words, Hank Pym managed to use science to access something Strange could access using his magic.

They actually did a very good job of blending everything together in a workable manner.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #14
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

They are doing every thing right with this franchise, awesome movie, awesome trailers, great music and loads of fun. I am so happy!
Old 03-02-2017, 05:10 PM   #15
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
The answer to your concerns is "Thanos" and "Infinity Stones".

There's already plenty of crossover between the science and magical aspects of the MCI; the "microverse" seen in Ant-Man is one of the places Doctor Strange is thrown through during his introduction to the way the universe actually works. In other words, Hank Pym managed to use science to access something Strange could access using his magic.

They actually did a very good job of blending everything together in a workable manner.
Yes, and it took them whole movies to do it. Now they have 20 fricken heroes they have to cater to IN ONE MOVIE across 3 different end of the world scenarios which have to be tailored to each type of function.

Ant man isn't going to go dimension hopping again, that was just a snippet and story point. He's an Avenger now so he'll deal with Avenger's Infinity stones physical end of the world. Dr. Strange (and probably some of Asgard like Loki) will deal with Magic Infinity stones end of the world scenarios, GoG will deal with whatever Infinity stones deal with Galactic end of the world.

How does ONE movie handle smashing all these specialties and prime characters into a single movie and give them equal screentime? They already have a tough time with the Avengers and GoG with just 5 or 6 characters. Now you triple the cast?

I bet they kill a bunch off in the first few minutes or there are a few just getting cameos. That's the only way to do it unless there's a two parter or a trilogy they haven't announced.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #16
NESter the Unlikely
Squire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Maybe you should try listening to the trailer on vinyl, I bet it's just missing that 'warmth' you're accustomed to.
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:56 AM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Saturday! My Dad and I are heading out to see the movie on Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure who all is going, doesn't look like my sister will make it this time. I think Mrs Evil is going to go, she watched the 1st movie with me on Blu-ray.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:05 PM   #18
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Back from the movie.

My mini-review: It's a great film with a lot of laughs. To qualify though, this is a TON smaller of a movie with a lot less going on and a lot less set pieces and the action that is taking place isn't nearly as impressive as the first film.

They played most of the movie for laughs, with Drax totally stealing almost every scene except for whatever scenes were stolen by Baby Groot, who has the best movie intro scene ever put on screen.

We laughed a bunch, way more than the first film and the characters were all fun and enjoyable. It felt like Marvel kinda skimped on the budget here, knowing you would just show up because the first film was excellent.

They set themselves up for the next film, including a great nod to classic 70's Marvel characters. They sure made me want to hit eBay and buy a few of those hardcover Marvel Masterworks.

I would give it an overall 3 stars, but just because we had so much fun even though it was a smaller film it still pushes itself into the 5 star category. If you go see it you totally will not be disappointed.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #19
ashikenshin
Subscriber

I loved it. Rocket was great as well IMO.

Even though it's not as good as the first film, it still was an amazing movie. Gonna watch it again this week
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:49 PM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Just got back. Enjoyed it, but the humor at times felt a bit forced and lacked the element of 'surprise' and 'newness' of the first film, which I think is the better of the two.

A fun film. I'd actually recommend a rental myself. Big screen isn't necessary here.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guardians of the galaxy 2