Last post by Terran
Today 06:44 PM
4 Replies, 189 Views

Old 06-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

New The Predator Red Band Trailer

Quote:
From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

In Theaters September 14, 2018
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:46 PM   #3
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

It kinda looks cool!
Old 06-26-2018, 11:23 PM   #4
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

I really want to like this, I really do. I sat through the crapfest that were AvP and AvP2 at the movie theater, and while I'll admit this is a far better trailer than the first one it still seems like it's missing something. Like they just ripped a few pages from the big book of sci-fi movie cliches and made a movie using them. It doesn't really help that they spoil the reveal of the bigger badder predator not getting along with the regular predator. Up until I saw this I had just assumed the improved predators simply replaced or fought alongside the old predators. Oh well.
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:57 AM   #5
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
It doesn't really help that they spoil the reveal of the bigger badder predator not getting along with the regular predator. Up until I saw this I had just assumed the improved predators simply replaced or fought alongside the old predators. Oh well.
I haven't seen BvS, but this trailer is kinda like "Man of Steel" told from the eyes of a redshirt soldier. An alien lands on Earth, you fight it, then another alien shows up that's even worse. You join forces with alien A to fight alien B, but you puny humans are so hopelessly outmatched that all you can do is support alien A as much as possible.

I still don't see how (or why) predators would bring about "the end of the human race", though.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:41 AM   #6
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
I still don't see how (or why) predators would bring about "the end of the human race", though.
The idea is that Predators make extinct anything they hunt. So by allowing the Predator to hunt humans, and telling the rest of the species about the hunt, humans are doomed.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:54 AM   #7
Juan
Evil Dead

Looks fucking dreadful
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:23 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Wow. That looked dreadful. It looks like a movie from someone who thought that Aliens vs Predator 2 was the best one of the series and now he is trying to capture that “magic”.

The problem is that other than the Predator/Alien Hybrid, that movie was barely watchable.

This is going to bomb big time at the theaters. I guess that is the only good thing, if you want to watch it, it will be up on Netflix by Christmas.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:10 AM   #9
Booda
Beam another Blast

I just can't get onboard for this one.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:32 AM   #10
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

I'm sorry but this looks badass! After all the non-stop predator garbage they have been releasing this actually looks like an entertaining predator film. I'm not sure what most here expect, but it can't get any worse than what we had in recent years.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:39 AM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
It doesn't really help that they spoil the reveal of the bigger badder predator not getting along with the regular predator. Up until I saw this I had just assumed the improved predators simply replaced or fought alongside the old predators. Oh well.
This is stuff that was touched upon in Predators, so it's not exactly a new revelation.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:11 AM   #12
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Better than previous trailers. Still looks bad. Went from avoid at all costs to maybe I'll torrent it 6 months after the theatrical release bombs.

All I ever wanted was a Predator vs. Colonial Marines + Aliens movie similar to the original AvP comic. What the fuck is their excuse?
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #13
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

The bigger badder predator kills it for me. The original predator was a badass all by himself. Why the need to make something bigger? is that all they can think of?

Reminds me of TFA, everything is the same but bigger.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #14
Exodus
Evil Dead

Actually I hope it's worse than what we see because surely only more camp can help this.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #15
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
This is stuff that was touched upon in Predators, so it's not exactly a new revelation.
Must admit I skipped that one, had actually almost completely forgotten about it truth be told. The big draw was supposed to be Robert Rodriguez's involvement if I recall, but the cast just didn't do it for me, Adrien Brody just didn't seem right for the part of the lead in particular.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:16 AM   #16
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I feel like they are just making this so that they don't lose the license? I think Predator should be a bounty hunter on the next Star Wars movie hahahaha
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #17
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Must admit I skipped that one, had actually almost completely forgotten about it truth be told. The big draw was supposed to be Robert Rodriguez's involvement if I recall, but the cast just didn't do it for me, Adrien Brody just didn't seem right for the part of the lead in particular.
It wasn't bad. It wasn't great...but it wasn't bad.
It's technically set after this particular movie, chronologically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
I feel like they are just making this so that they don't lose the license? I think Predator should be a bounty hunter on the next Star Wars movie hahahaha
There isn't a license to lose; Fox owns the Predator franchise.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #18
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
This very idea has been conceptualized for years.

There's so many things wrong in that image, but focus on the art itself. In all likelihood if Disney buys Fox there will be a Star Wars/Predator/Aliens crossover comic mini series.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #19
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

"The ultimate Predator." ...oh boy. I don't have any more hope for this movie after watching this particular trailer.

I mean, there hasn't been a good Predator movie since the first. I think that's because it is one of the 80's over-the-fucking-top, ridiculous action movies.

Predator, Commando, Rambo II/III, RoboCop, Running Man, Cobra, etc.. No one can match those movies. That decade or so was a once in a lifetime event.

I still love seeing the old 'Orion Pictures', 'Carolco', 'United Artists' opening logos. That shit brings me back to my childhood.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #20
Blog
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
All I ever wanted was a Predator vs. Colonial Marines + Aliens movie similar to the original AvP comic. What the fuck is their excuse?
This. A thousand times this. The original Dark Horse comics were really cool and with a little polish would make a fucking amazing film.

Tags
predator