Last post by BorisCal
Today 11:20 AM
18,428 Replies, 3,321,306 Views

Old 05-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

First Watchmen HBO Trailer Showcases a Cult of Rorschach

"But doctor... I am Pagliacci."
Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

It's still my favorite hero movie. You'd think with all of the success Marvel has had they'd try another adult one again.

Hell, give me Watchmen 2!

I'll be watching this for sure. Please let it be good!
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
It's still my favorite hero movie. You'd think with all of the success Marvel has had they'd try another adult one again.

It looks great for sure, but a Watchmen sequel without Alan Moore is kind of a hard road for them to take for sure.

Of course, whatever idea Moore had for a sequel probably wouldn't work any more because so much time has passed.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #4
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Rorschach was such a great part of the first too. Unless it was a prequel, I can’t see myself really looking forward to a second movie. I don’t see this Rorschach cult really doing it for me either.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #5
Primus
Valar Morghulis

No Alan Moore and Damon Lindelof showrunning leads me to believe there is no way in hell this will be good.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

Was that Don Johnson? Ugh. I feel like I need to be wearing a Member's Only jacket and bowling in a smoke filled bowling alley with stale pizza and flat soda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I will profane the thread and say Watchmen was not a great Superhero movie nor a great set of comics.

It's not because I "don't get it" because I certain get what people like about humanizing, sometimes even degrading, what previously were largely untouchable icons of virtue and the whole black ship blah blah blah.

Except if the same story had been told as a book instead of comics it likely wouldn't have gotten past the first gate of any publisher of note.

Anyway, I hate how people jizz all over Watchmen. It was good but man, the hero worship it gets is disgusting.

This, on the other hand, as long as it isn't LONG and DRAWN OUT like the damn comics and the movie, might be decent. Don Johnson or not.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:38 AM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I will profane the thread and say Watchmen was not a great Superhero movie nor a great set of comics.

It's not because I "don't get it" because I certain get what people like about humanizing, sometimes even degrading, what previously were largely untouchable icons of virtue and the whole black ship blah blah blah.

Except if the same story had been told as a book instead of comics it likely wouldn't have gotten past the first gate of any publisher of note.

Anyway, I hate how people jizz all over Watchmen. It was good but man, the hero worship it gets is disgusting.

This, on the other hand, as long as it isn't LONG and DRAWN OUT like the damn comics and the movie, might be decent. Don Johnson or not.
You clearly don't get it.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #9
Inkabodcrane
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post

There is a sequel to Watchmen, and it's currently almost done coming out. I'm talking about in comic books, but the series "Doomsday Clock" by Geoff Johns has been awesome. You get many of the Watchmen characters in the DC Universe. Superman vs Dr. Manhattan. The Comedian vs The Joker. It's a cool ass sequel that they have been building up to since the first "Rebirth" comic.

There is also a prequel series called "Before Watchmen," but I haven't read that yet. Was tempted to buy the big ass book of it last week at the comic shop but resisted. For now.

Watchmen is an awesome comic and movie. This trailer looks cool, but I'll have to wait and see how it goes. Damon Lindelof can be controversial to some people, but I am a huge fan of Prometheus and The Leftovers was cool enough. I will certainly watch it, and am looking forward to it!

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:14 AM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
There is also a prequel series called "Before Watchmen," but I haven't read that yet. Was tempted to buy the big ass book of it last week at the comic shop but resisted. For now.
Keep resisting. Before Watchmen was a several mini-series based around each of the characters. The big selling point was that they had all these "name" authors or artists involved.

Except for Amanda Connor (Harley Quinn's covers) the art was dreadful and the stories (even the Amanda Connor one) ranged from poor to dreadful.

The Dr. Manhattan one wasn't totally horrible, but that's not saying much.

It flopped and it flopped bad.

I can't speak about Doomsday Clock, I've been waiting for them all to come out to binge read them.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #11
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I loved the original comic and the movie. Despite some changes they compliment each other well. That HBO series does not look good to me. And Don Johnson was excellent in the last few movies he was in. I highly recommend Cold in July with Michael C Hall (Dexter).
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watchmen