Game and Movie Releases...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 10:38 AM
1 Replies, 184 Views

Old 12-20-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Only a few frantic days of shopping left (or if you are lucky, you can be like me blissfully ignorant that you are probably missing a gift for someone...).

What are you playing this weekend?
Old 12-20-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
Blog
Evil Dead

A couple of little games from the Steam winter sale: Void Bastards, My Friend Pedro, & Breathedge.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:34 PM   #3
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

While at Target tonight I saw they were selling Raspberry Pis (I don't know what the plural is). That kind of shocked me. At any rate, I picked it up and I'll be building another RetroPie machine. I'm going to dedicate this one to emulating retro computers.
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:03 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Going to be playing in the snow in Red Dead Online all weekend, I am like 3 missions away from having the cash for the new Season Pass.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #5
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Mech 5. And grabbing Days Gone for 50% off.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Hellblade: Sansu's Sacrifice, Sea of Thieves, a demo of a game from Steam I'm interested in called "Book of Demons" which has a pop-up-book graphic style.

Also downloaded Dauntless from the Epic store to see what it is all about.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #7
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Finished Hedon (a new excellent GZDoom mod/game that plays a lot like Hexen and Strife), other Doom mods and Witcher 3.

Also watching the Witcher series on Netflix and really digging it. Although you have to be very familiar with all the books or you will be lost. The first few episodes switch character perspectives several times and they do not take place simultaneously. You’re supposed to somehow know Ciri’s story is the present, Geralt is the recent past and Yennifer’s intro episode is a more distant past before Ciri is born. The clunkiness could have been avoided if Ciri’s prominence was saved for the end and season 2. Henry Cavill is perfect. The music is very similar to the games. Everything looks good except the Nilfgaard armor is shit. They would have been better off hiring cosplayers and larpers.
In short, I recommend reading the first two or three books before watching the show.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #8
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I also picked up Hedon awhile back, played it a bit but still play Wrath: Aeon of Ruin and Dusk the most. Dusk is still my favorite, love the music, tone and feel of the atmosphere, and of course the gameplay and secrets are spot on.

But this weekend I've been playing Resident Evil 2 Remake some more, finished Claire's campaign and some of the 2nd run campaign. It is my clear GOTY.

Also playing MK11, they added some new skins that I want to unlock for Kitana, Jade and Skarlett.

Also playing PUBG, Halo: Reach PC, Madden, and even been playing a bunch of RESOGUN on Vita. Also getting the urge to play more Xcom 2.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

This weekend I’m going to do the serial killer quest in GTA Online to get the extra gun in Red Dead Online. I installed it last night. With the hundreds of thousands of online cash they have thrown at your accounts over the years, it should be pretty easy to pick up some decent body armor and weapons and blow through the quest in an hour.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I did the serial killer quest in GTA Online to get the gun in Red Dead Online. It took forever. I drove to all 5 locations and I couldn't find the van and in the end I had to take a helicopter back to all 5 locations to find the van, which was hiding behind the water tower in like the 2nd place I looked.

After that I played some of GTA's single player story. I never finished it up. It's kinda aged bad because when you get to Lamar's storyline it's like them just saying N****r over and over and over and over. It's like a bad Tarantino movie. It seems like it's white guys writing about how they think black people talk. I've heard black guys talking on voice chat now and then and while they do throw around the N word now and then, it just isn't a constant stream of it like in GTA.